Appreciation on VALENTINE'S DAY

No Soul Man

Well, I ditched the boyfriend a few weeks back. So it'll be just me. I actually have a fancy luncheon at work to go to that day, since it's my five year anniversary with the company. I couldn't decide which company present that I wanted, so I chose the gift card. $14 per year of employment, so that's none too shabby for Bonnie!

I also bought myself that ring I had posted the link to, so hopefully it will arrive by then. I got my son some movies.

Gotta take the good with the bad I guess

I too am without a valentine :unsure:

Gotta take the good with the bad I guess

I too am without a valentine :unsure:

Awww. Sorry to hear that, spatdrastik. Whenever I am alone for a holiday I always buy myself something nice. It really does make a person feel better. People out there in the world aren't always very kind, so it's important to always be kind to yourself.

I think all of us single folks should hang out on here and do some drinking & commiserating on the 14th, while the rest of the board are out being romantic and stuff. Is it a date? :lol:

Since I started a little early with the giving of the proverbial roses for Valentine's Day, now I have to buy something extra special for my girl. I plan on buying her two dozen red roses and a "The Song Remains The Same" CD. She has almost all the other mighty Led Zeppelin CD's. I think I will also throw in a nice dinner out at one of our favorite seafood restuarants. Good thing my parents give me a nice allowance to go with my summer job!

So what are you guys planning for your special person?

You sound like a very soulful guy for someone who calls himself "No Soul Man"!

Buy yourself a card and give yourself a handjob then you can have sex with the person you really love :whistling:

It's time you lost your virginity anyway spats and so it might as well be to yourself. :P

:lol::lol:

Such a depressing holiday. 21 years with nobody to spend it with. :(

Ditto.

Actually 22, with a little exception that turned..duh..very wrong.

Haha, almost calls for a special thread for this :D :D

Yeah, kinda can't stand Valentines day too, but that's only half of the reason.

The other half is about what they turned this originally very nice day into: Another OMFG GO AND BUY STUFF SO WE CAN MAKE PROFIT day like Christmas. :throwup: (Forums should have had smiley for this)

We normally just focus on the kids on Valentine's Day, since our anniv. is just a few days before. But today my husband called my boss to arrange to take me out to lunch on Thurs (I normally don't do a lunch break) :) And we're still going out Sat. night to belatedly celebrate our anniv.; we planned to go this past weekend but I wasn't feeling well, so we postponed. :)

Archived