JIMMY PAGE: New Video Interview

Japan's Live Soup TV has posted an interview with LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page conducted during his recent trip to Tokyo. Watch it at this location.

A short Japanese TV report featuring footage from LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page's January 28, 2008 press conference in Tokyo can be viewed below.

As previously reported, Page said at the press conference that LED ZEPPELIN was "musically ready" to go on a world tour, although the earliest that was likely to happen was September. According to Yahoo! News, Page said that the band's intense rehearsals for its reunion show at London's O2 Arena last month were "what you would normally put into a world tour anyway." But Page added that frontman Robert Plant "has a parallel project running, and he's really busy with that project, certainly until September. So I can't give you any news on anything at the moment."

Plant has mapped out a series of live shows around the world with singer Alison Krauss, with whom he recorded the recently released "Raising Sand".

Page was in Japan to promote the ZEPPELIN retrospective collection "Mothership", which arrived in the U.S. late last year.

Page, Plant and bassist John Paul Jones performed together for the first time in nearly two decades at the December 10 show in London, joined by late ZEPPELIN drummer John Bonham's son Jason behind the kit.

Since the acclaimed show, speculation has been rampant that ZEPPELIN will launch a full tour, with massive offers reportedly already on the table from some of the world's largest concert promoters.

Meanwhile, Plant was interviewed by MSG TV on January 25 during the halftime break of the Knicks and Sixers game at New York City's Madison Square Garden. When asked about the possibility of a full ZEPPELIN reunion tour, he responded, "You never know what is around the corner."

Thanks for the link. Nice interview. I guess he doesn't want to include any outtakes or others on the individual studio cd releases. Maybe Jimmy we'll put that out some day on its' own release. Not much that isn't out there already, except for mainly some instrumentals, but alternakes of the songs we know would be nice like The Beatles "Anthology".

Thanks for the link. Nice interview. I guess he doesn't want to include any outtakes or others on the individual studio cd releases. Maybe Jimmy we'll put that out some day on its' own release. Not much that isn't out there already, except for mainly some instrumentals, but alternakes of the songs we know would be nice like The Beatles "Anthology".

I correct myself: Not we'll but will and not alternakes but alternate takes.

Does anyone know this form of Japanese to translate the questions?

Even without translation, it was easy to tell what the last question was by the look on Jimmy's face.

Even before he started talking, you knew it was something like "and when will we be seeing Led Zeppelin again?"

Does anyone know this form of Japanese to translate the questions?

Even without translation, it was easy to tell what the last question was by the look on Jimmy's face.

Even before he started talking, you knew it was something like "and when will we be seeing Led Zeppelin again?"

On the last question you can hear the translator off camera, and the question was do you think we'll get a chance to see a Led Zeppelin Reunion in Japan

thanks that was great, jimmy looks great. i cant believe how lovely his skin is....hardly any wrinkles and so soft looking, just beautiful.

Yeah, your not planning on making a man suite are you?

..."it puts the guitar pick in its hand"

Archived