Favourite movie scene?

Jarlaxle 56

Surprised Pulp Fiction hasn't shown yet - so many scenes.

The obvious -

"English muthafucka, do you speak it???"

More subtle personal favorite -

Jules and Vincent covered in Marvin's blood and brains, drinking Jimmy's gourmet coffee, Jimmy shouting "don't 'Jimmy' me Jules - there's nothing you're going to say that's gonna make me forget I love my wife, IS THERE???"

At that moment, Vincent makes a quarter-turn to take a sip of coffee and try to look nonchalant in the midst of this heated exchange.

right around 1:23

That ALWAYS makes me fall out laughing.

"Are you talking to me on a cell phone??? I don't know you - who is this? PRANK CALL, PRANK CALL!!!"

Sideways -

After a detailed explanation about a certain wine.

"Are you chewing gum???"

Anchorman -

My God, what is that smell? Oh.

That's the smell of desire my lady.

God no, it smells like, like a used diaper... filled with... Indian food. Oh, excuse me.

You know, desire smells like that to some people

What is that? Smells like a turd covered in burnt hair.

Smells like Bigfoot's dick.

I'm gonna stop...

ShiningLoyd.jpg

Eeeek!! There are so many chilling moments in The Shining. I don't know if you've ever seen the Oliver Reed film "Burnt Offerings" but there's a really creepy chauffeur in it that sorta reminds me of the Shining's bartender...

09%20-%20return%20of%20the%20chauffeur-690.jpg

ShiningLoyd.jpg

How are things going, Mr. Torrance ? ? ?

"Things could be better, Lloyd.

Things could be a whole lot better."

This guy was also in 'The Sand Pebbles'

Joe Turkel....He was Bronson the MP.

B)

And he was Dr. Eldon Tyrell -- the Replicant "God", in Blade Runner.

Yep, he's been around. Tons of TV shows too.

I'm watching 'Schindler's List' (again) and I like the part where he's trying out typists and all the pretty ones can't type worth a damn as he flirts with them all, and then the one who really can type like crazy is a bruiser type with a cig hanging out of her mouth. :D

As mentioned in this recent reader forum

On a Merton Anniversary, the challenge ...

"On December 10, 2007 - the 39th anniversary of Thomas Merton's death - Led Zeppelin reunited their band for a concert in aid of the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund ...

maybe because they had an "epiphany" like the one below!"

http://en.sevenload.com/videos/3apuFnH/Jam...-Blues-Brothers

That scene, from the TRIPLE ROCK church, bears some similarities to this scene in Rome, Italy

Roma Center Climb "Crashtime" video

where this route was posted during the Venus Transit of 2004 B)

530472967_205a3492e0_m.jpg

Stephen: [stephen starts laughing and walks over to the cooking pot] Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm *prettier* than this man.

[he eats a spoonful of the stew in the pot, then turns his eyes heavenward]

Stephen: [with his mouth full] All right, Father, I'll ask him.

[he looks at William]

Stephen: If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?

Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?

Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.

[he looks up again]

Stephen: Yes, Father!

[he looks back at Hamish]

Stephen: The Almighty says, "Don't change the subject, just answer the fuckin' question."

:lol:

Wow, so many - 2 quite contrasting ones that spring to mind though are the Sicilian scene between Dennis Hopper and Christopher Walken from True Romance (could have picked any scene from that movie) and the opening scene in the Lion King! Sets up the rest of the film brilliantly. Ooh, and the bit in Jurassic Park where the T-Rex has just eaten the Velociraptors and that banner saying "When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth" drifts past. Wow.

Wow, there are so many, I'll spend the day thinking of them all.

Have to agree with:

The scene in "Schindler's List" when the little boy is hiding in the latrine and is looking up toward the sun and his face is bathed in light. (oh, god...)

Blazing Saddles: "Mongo only pawn, in game of life." :D

(And add: Madeline Kahn as Lili Von Shtupp singing "La la la la la la la" out of tune while really bored - but with one eye on the men - during "I'm Tired")

Young Barry's abduction in Close Encounters of the Third Kind (yeah, wow!)

And some others:

In "Local Hero" when a group of men are all hanging around on the quay with a baby in a stroller, and Mac (Peter Reigert) asks whose baby it is, and they're all quiet, just looking at each other, because they don't know.

In "Thelma and Louise" when the Rastafarian cyclist out in the middle of nowhere in the desert comes upon the cop locked in the trunk of his car. The cop begs the guy to help him, so the Rasta man blows marijauna smoke into the trunk through the bullet holes the cop made earlier, then rides on.

Oh yes, Jack Sparrow's first entrance is an instant classic. Another favorite moment for me is when he explains what a ship is to Elizabeth Swan just before passing out on the beach (not to mention, "but why is the rum gone?") ... also when Will Turner complains that Jack cheated during their first duel and he replies, "Pirate..." as if to an idiot. And finally the line "Now, bring me that horizon..."

Most recently, I love the scene with George Clooney catching Tilda Swinton at the end of "Michael Clayton" - "Do I look like I'm negotiating?" The whole scene is intense and wonderful, fantastic acting.

McQueen shooting up the cop cars in "the Getaway"

McQueen floating off at the end of "Papillion"

Eastwood driving through the liquor store and shooting the punks.

DeNiro shooting that guy in Heat at the Motel.

Pacino in Dog Day Afternoon outside the bank

Vivian Leigh in Gone with The Wind shooting the Union soldier

many scenes from the Godfather and Godfather part II

Winslett in Titanic at the end

and many more

Stephen: [stephen starts laughing and walks over to the cooking pot] Him? That can't be William Wallace. I'm *prettier* than this man.

[he eats a spoonful of the stew in the pot, then turns his eyes heavenward]

Stephen: [with his mouth full] All right, Father, I'll ask him.

[he looks at William]

Stephen: If I risk my neck for you, will I get a chance to kill Englishmen?

Hamish: Is your father a ghost, or do you converse with the Almighty?

Stephen: In order to find his equal, an Irishman is *forced* to talk to God.

[he looks up again]

Stephen: Yes, Father!

[he looks back at Hamish]

Stephen: The Almighty says, "Don't change the subject, just answer the fuckin' question."

:lol:

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif

God, I love that movie! AWESOME scene.

st_21.jpg

• 1 month later...

THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY:

The showdown at the cemetery as the close-ups of the trio's eyes keep getting closer and closer while Ennio Morricone's masterful score adds to the tension and suspense.

MV5BMTYyNzU1Mzk1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTExNzU3._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

MV5BMTIzNzI4ODU0OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTM1MzE2MQ@@._V1._SY400_SX600_.jpg

The scene in "Kids" where casper fucks the girl with H.I.V. while she is semi pass out. Im not in love with that scene, but it was the only scence that left me in a confused state for at least a week. Evey time I watch that movie, it gives me the chills.

The scene in "Full Metal Jacket" where 'gomer pyle' gets caught in the head with his M16 by his Drill Instructor. "Pyle, if you dont give me that rifle you are going to be in a world of shit"

Pyle's reply, "I am in a world of shit..." and then does the DI and then himself...

In goodfellas, when tommy gets into a fight with benny and henry calms him down. then five minutes later tommy calmly approaches benny and breaks a bottle on his head. tommy and jimmy conway(de niro) then proceed to kicking the shit out of benny in the bar, then tommy says to henry " sorry i got blood on your floor". then tommy and jimmy make jokes about benny's corpse and henry looks so frickin' unsettled!

that scene was vintage scorcese

The shower/gas chamber scene in Schindler's List is just chilling.

That entire movie is just chilling.

The part where you see the little girl with the red jacket in the pile of bodies in the wheelbarrel, and you know at that point she didn't make it, so sad.

Such a good movie.

That entire movie is just chilling.

The part where you see the little girl with the red jacket in the pile of bodies in the wheelbarrel, and you know at that point she didn't make it, so sad.

Such a good movie.

I read that was the most expensive movie to make based on film stock. B/W film cost twice as much as color stock and the film he had to used for the red jacket cost 3 times as much.

In 'A Bronx Tale' where the bikers go into the Chez Bippy, Sonny locks them in and says "Now you's can't leave"...... Fantastic!!

Oh and in Goodfellas where Billy Batts tells Joe Pesci to go get his shine box...

Archived