Grammy awards

nati

Well the musicians that have influenced Beyonce happen to be Black. It has nothing to do with being politically correct IMO.

I'll have to watch it again to make sure I didn't take it out of context. A review of

previous Grammy Award shows may also shed some light.

Well the musicians that have influenced Beyonce happen to be Black. It has nothing to do with being politically correct IMO.

Songbird - I thought Amy's performance was good. It was really touching to see her reaction to winning. She's had a rough time of things and in addition to the fact I think she's a great talent, I'm happy to see something positive go her way.

I agree 100%- I really enjoyed her performance. And yeah it was really touching to see her reaction... like I said, it made me cry. Yeah I'm a wuss... :lol: She is very talented and I truly hope things get better for her!

I agree 100%- I really enjoyed her performance. And yeah it was really touching to see her reaction... like I said, it made me cry. Yeah I'm a wuss... :lol: She is very talented and I truly hope things get better for her!

Not a wuss - heck I cry at commercials sometimes :wacko::lol: I hope she overcomes her difficulties too. I'm looking forward to hearing much more from her.

Not a wuss - heck I cry at commercials sometimes :wacko::lol: I hope she overcomes her difficulties too. I'm looking forward to hearing much more from her.

Me too. My mom bought Back to Black and I loved it... its not often I love new artists! :lol: I really like her sound. She's really unique.

Things will get better for Amy Winehouse when she takes some responsiblity for her life. Neither she nor Britney will get any pity from me.

Well I'm not "pitying" her, I just wish her well. And Britney too. And anyone who has problems.

I saw someone elsewhere (a bitter singer who didn't win) saying that Winehouse shouldn't have gotten such attention from the Grammys as she is a bad role model. I think there always needs to be a separation between artist and art. You aren't voting for the 'best music personality' it's for 'best album' or 'best vocal performance'.

Guess what. Artists often have struggles with one thing or another - relationships, drugs, alcohol etc etc. An artist's problems are a result of their personality, as is their art. This is not to say that all artists must be tortured. But people, who are not creative, need to get off their high horses, expecting creative people to live the same boring lives that they do.

My impressions from the Grammy's:

There ain't a bedroom big enough to hold Beyonce's action. God Good what a bod.

Tina Turner's still got it. She looked truly fantastic and her voice was impeccable.

Thrilling to see Sir George Martin still with us. That was the highlight of the night for me.

Ringo is Ringo and you gotta love Ringo. Still flashing peace and love to us 40 years on.

Sorry but I just don't get the Foo Fighters and I never will. Noise played in the parking lot.

Great to see JPJ! Wonder what else he'll get up to in L.A.

Amy Winehouse is hands down the world's most overated vocalist.

I agree with everything you say here except Beyonce, I'd rather have Tine Turner in my bedroom and after she gives me a heart attack trying to keep up with her she could sing me to sleep for good and I'd die a very happy man !!!!!

Peace, RjK ()_))______}~~~

I saw someone elsewhere (a bitter singer who didn't win) saying that Winehouse shouldn't have gotten such attention from the Grammys as she is a bad role model. I think there always needs to be a separation between artist and art. You aren't voting for the 'best music personality' it's for 'best album' or 'best vocal performance'.

Guess what. Artists often have struggles with one thing or another - relationships, drugs, alcohol etc etc. An artist's problems are a result of their personality, as is their art. This is not to say that all artists must be tortured. But people, who are not creative, need to get off their high horses, expecting creative people to live the same boring lives that they do.

Well put, I personally like Amy Winehouse a lot and I hope she gets her shit together so she can have a long career. I think she has just scratched the surface of what she is capable of but if she keeps going the way she has been she won't live too long.

RjK

I only just saw the Amy Winehouse part .I've never heard her perform before but know

of her rep. So I was very interested to see what she sounded like.I thought she was great.

Loads of charisma. I love her deep voice. And her little moves. She put on a very sassy

performance. :thumbsup:

I caved and wasted some of my precious time watching that awful awards show. I saw JPJones. He was off to the side, and the camera just glanced at him. IMO The Foo Fighters were just noisy, that's all.

My favorite part was when Ringo Starr handed Vince Gill his Grammy. Then Vince Gill commented that he just got his award handed to him by a Beatle. He then turned to the audience and quipped at Kanye West something like "You've never had that happen to you yet, have you Kanye?"

That was the best part of the show. Kanye always has an agenda. I hate hip-hop and rap as it is, and the likes of him just cements my opinion of the whole genre. Narrow-minded you may say? Oh well, that's my opinion.

Me too. My mom bought Back to Black and I loved it... its not often I love new artists! :lol: I really like her sound. She's really unique.

I think Amy is very talented and I hope she gets herself together. I don't have Back to Black yet, but plan on getting it soon. I have to play catch up on my CD buying, LOL.

Hi:

I wrote some stuff in the NEWBIE thread so I won't repeat it here...

I did see John Paul conduct the orchestra...

Yes he was a bit neglected...he didn't stand with the others when I saw a pic of them on the red carpet..I wonder whose decision that was...he should have been there...the Foo Fighters wives/partners were there...

I have Back to Black...it's o.k.....I hope the best for Amy W. ...

Juliet

PS TINA TURNER RAWKED......

Archived