Foo Fighters performance at Grammy's

JethroTull

But what if the movie that Speilberg recomended sucked, or was just the same 2 or 3 things over an over, like the Foo Fighters music is? At that point he would carry less weight.

If JPJ says the Foo Fighters are great then that would just make me question his taste in music.

As I said earlier, if you can listen to Ballad Of The Beaconsfield Miners, The Pretender, Statues, and Stranger Things Have Happened, all off their newest album, and say they're repetitive, then that is just odd.

But what if the movie that Speilberg recomended sucked, or was just the same 2 or 3 things over an over, like the Foo Fighters music is? At that point he would carry less weight.

If JPJ says the Foo Fighters are great then that would just make me question his taste in music.

I couldn't agree more.

How dare you have fun, don't you feel the urge to argue over musical tastes that aren't going to change because of a discussion on a message board?

Hey, now I have fun doing that. It's kinda fun getting worked up and getting other people worked up. Within reason, of course.

How dare you have fun, don't you feel the urge to argue over musical tastes that aren't going to change because of a discussion on a message board?

I actually get a kick out of the voyeuristic part of the arguments.I usually fight the urge to participate.Unless I'm drinking . :beer:

I actually get a kick out of the voyeuristic part of the arguments.I usually fight the urge to participate.Unless I'm drinking . :beer:

I get feedback daily from my students that my music taste is in the toilet so I know that I can take no side whatever in terms of an argument over what is good or bad.

As I said earlier, if you can listen to Ballad Of The Beaconsfield Miners, The Pretender, Statues, and Stranger Things Have Happened, all off their newest album, and say they're repetitive, then that is just odd.

I haven't compared those songs to the In Your Honor album, but I feel pretty confindent that, if I did, there would be at least one song very similar to each of them.

I haven't compared those songs to the In Your Honor album, but I feel pretty confindent that, if I did, there would be at least one song very similar to each of them.

Okay, go ahead and try it. You'll be surprised. And if you're going to compare album to album, then why don't we just hate on every single band. It's called a style of music. I could find songs that sound that are similar to each other on every Zeppelin album if I looked hard enough.

Okay, go ahead and try it. You'll be surprised. And if you're going to compare album to album, then why don't we just hate on every single band. It's called a style of music. I could find songs that sound that are similar to each other on every Zeppelin album if I looked hard enough.

You are gettin pretty desparate. The fact that, when I first listened to their new album, I thought I had heard the songs already speaks volumes to me. If you can't hear that just about every song they do has a very similar formula or is similar in it overall sound, then maybe you are deaf.

The thing about them is they didnt used to be that way. Comparing their early singles to now

Big Me, Everlong, Monkeywrench, Learn To Fly are all pretty different.

Best of You, No Way Back, The Pretender, and Long Road To Ruin are all very reminiscent of each other.

You are gettin pretty desparate. The fact that, when I first listened to their new album, I thought I had heard the songs already speaks volumes to me. If you can't hear that just about every song they do has a very similar formula or is similar in it overall sound, then maybe you are deaf.

The thing about them is they didnt used to be that way. Comparing their early singles to now

Big Me, Everlong, Monkeywrench, Learn To Fly are all pretty different.

Best of You, No Way Back, The Pretender, and Long Road To Ruin are all very reminiscent of each other.

So what about the other songs I mentioned eh? Now you're just picking and choosing.

Archived