Finally, presenting...the day I met Robert Plant

Mrs. Plant

Okay, so I worked at a place that shall remained unnamed. A television show. Plant, Krauss and Burnett came in, all incredibly nice. This happened several months ago now and I hadn't shared it for many reasons, but I have gotten a lot of questions about it. Enjoy! I surely do :)

Kinda long, sorry dudes.

I was lucky enough to see them all twice in one week, first a one of their cd release parties. I didn't get any encounters with them though, I just stared at Robert. He circled the room, talked to many people, seemed incredibly nice. I wanted to save my encounter with him for later that week though when I knew I would meet him with less people around.

So later that week, they came in for an interview, I never had been so nervous about a guest. I have been very lucky to meet many many amazing people, but never had I been so nervous about meeting a famous person, I had butterflies. I waited outside for them to arrive, finally their car pulled up and they all piled out. Robert came around and came up and introduced himself to me, “Hi, I am Robert” Like I didn’t know!! He shook my hand, I introduced myself, and dropped my work title, just to give him and idea of who I was with the show, and mainly so he would remember a little later upstairs and not think I am just some stalker.

Later on upstairs, While they were waiting, Robert wanted a coffee, so I asked him how he liked it, he asked for a latte, so I went and got that. I figured if nothing else, I could at least say that I got Robert Plant a latte one day. I took it back to him and he said, “Thank you dear, you are very kind” I was at this point grinning ridiculously.

He went into get makeup shortly after and changed his shirt, he took his bag he was carrying with him, and left it in there. When he came out, I asked him to sign some things, he said “Of course”

My coworker had two vinyl’s, “Houses of the Holy” and “Led Zeppelin II” to be signed, and I had “Houses of the Holy” and “Led Zeppelin IV”. First he signed my coworkers, and asked who it was for, we told him Brian, who was standing a short distance away. I wanted Brian to have a moment with Plant, so I told Plant, “That is Brian over there” and then I told Brian to come closer, and out loud he said, “I can’t, I am star struck!”

Robert thought it was funny and he laughed at him, Brian then finally came a little closer to him. Then, I don’t even know what was being said, it was so surreal, because then Robert Plant started singing to us!!! I was just so baffled and on cloud nine that I couldn’t even comprehend what was going on then, or even figure out what he was singing because I was so in a trance. Turns out he was singing, “Gone, Gone, Gone” off his new album with Alison Krauss. Then he signed mine, the first one, Zeppelin iv he signed “To Ashley” and then asked who the second was for, I said “Well that is mine, I don’t care if you sign it to me”, and he responded jokingly, “Ohhhh, this is the one that is going to end up on the internet!” I laughed and insisted that I would NEVER do such a thing. He then went back into the Greenroom to wait until time to do the show.

After the show, the make up artist said that he would have to come back into the makeup room to get his bag, and at that time she was going to get a picture of me and Robert. I wasn’t so sure it was going to work because some people on the staff look at pictures with the guests as “inappropriate”. They are lame…the guests really don’t care.

So when he was done with the show, he went back into the makeup room and Gina waved me in, so I came in, and Robert Plant started undressing!!! Just his shirt, changing back into his other clothes, but still, I walked in on Robert Plant changing. And I must say, and only the girls would care about this….but he still looks good. <3

So after he got his shirt on, the make up artist started talking for me, cause she knew I couldn’t get out any words, and she just told him how much of a fan I was and how much his music meant to me, etc. She didn’t lie once…I’m obsessed. So she asked him for a picture, and he grabbed me, put his arm around d me, leaned in, and smiled! I was so happy, but then it just got even better….he said, “Thank you sweetie,” and then leaned in and kissed me on one cheek, and then went over to the other!!!! I kissed him back the second time…I was so damn giddy after that I grinned the rest of the day. I know he has kissed many many many women in his time, and I am happy to be one of them!! Haha. So then I walked them back out to their cars and they left.

Still grinning...months later.

Here's the larger pic

ashley_1.jpg

Okay, so I worked at a place that shall remained unnamed. A television show. Plant, Krauss and Burnett came in, all incredibly nice. This happened several months ago now and I hadn't shared it for many reasons, but I have gotten a lot of questions about it. Enjoy! I surely do :)

Later on upstairs, While they were waiting, Robert wanted a coffee, so I asked him how he liked it, he asked for a latte, so I went and got that. I figured if nothing else, I could at least say that I got Robert Plant a latte one day. I took it back to him and he said, “Thank you dear, you are very kind” I was at this point grinning ridiculously.

Here's the larger pic

ashley_1.jpg

Thats a great story, you should have had a copy of Early Days Latte Days for him to sign :D

That's a great story, and pic! Isn't it great when your heroes turn out to be as nice as you'd hoped they'd be? :)

yes it is...the nicest people are the ones that have introduced themselves, not just assuming that you know who they are. He definitely was the most gracious. Man I wish more days could be like that one was. Later on that night, when I was out with coworkers, I rode a mechanical bull for the first time, haha. Sure was an interesting day.

Wow !! You're just so lucky Ashley !! :)

The intimacy of your meeting, the very few around so you could get such attention is great ! And to see him undressing !! What a treat ... and the photo, the personal singing, the kisses on the cheek, betcha never wash your face anymore ! and running to get him latte....fun ! Wow !!!

I'd have been star struck to da max ! :lol:

And your pic is just fantantic...you told so much more here...thanks so much from me and I'm sure for everyone else too for sharing your experience !

Wonderful ! :)

Wow !! You're just so lucky Ashley !! :)

The intimacy of your meeting, the very few around so you could get such attention is great ! And to see him undressing !! What a treat ... and the photo, the personal singing, the kisses on the cheek, betcha never wash your face anymore ! and running to get him latte....fun ! Wow !!!

I'd have been star struck to da max ! :lol:

And your pic is just fantantic...you told so much more here...thanks so much from me and I'm sure for everyone else too for sharing your experience !

Wonderful ! :)

lucky is right, would have never had that experience somewhere else. best day at my job that's for damn sure.

I told you the shortened version, have rarely told this one, too long!

lucky is right, would have never had that experience somewhere else. best day at my job that's for damn sure.

I told you the shortened version, have rarely told this one, too long!

Part I remembered best was you telling me you walked on him dressing ! :lol:

I'm still awed by this....:)

Part I remembered best was you telling me you walked on him dressing ! :lol:

I'm still awed by this....:)

yea, the make up artist knew I sure as hell was drooling and wouldn't be able to get any words out, so she just started talking for me...hahaha. I have NO clue what i said at that point if anything....I don't remember any convo until I told them I would walk them out....he probably just thought I was a grinning idiot.. oh well!

yea, the make up artist knew I sure as hell was drooling and wouldn't be able to get any words out, so she just started talking for me...hahaha. I have NO clue what i said at that point if anything....I don't remember any convo until I told them I would walk them out....he probably just thought I was a grinning idiot.. oh well!

You KNOW he had to love it ! :D

He's not shy !!! That's when you shoulda made a move though.....

"Oh Robert !! There's a mosquito on your back !!!!" SWAT !!! :lol: