Robert Plant Allison Krauss on TV Tonight

bahama

CMT is re-running the Robert 'n Allison "Crossroads" show tonight at 7pm EST. Happy Valentine's Day everyone :)

Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers just finished their segment and now a CMT original with Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, but I'm not listening to Gone Gone Gone anymore; so now I have the sound off. I just don't need any more aggravation today; I'll just watch the body language. And I'm not gonna listen to that song about that poor guy who wouldn't hoe corn; he should just be glad he didn't have to deal with what I did today.

You are correct! Black Dog is Rock n Roll. Glad to see somebody else with the guts to see it for what it was.

Agreed! It was a silly attempt...Black Dog is signature Jimmy Page riff and bash...it didn't work in the Plant/Krauss format. Nor for that matter in the Plant/Strange Sensation format either.

Stop playing different versions of BD unless Jimmy is along for the ride.

Makes you wonder (sorry, npi) what the members of Strange Sensation are thinking of Robert right now...

like - "Is he still signing our paychecks?"

They've all got other bands and projects they're involved with, they always did. They're all very supportive of each others' activities, including Robert's.

Makes you wonder (sorry, npi) what the members of Strange Sensation are thinking of Robert right now...

like - "Is he still signing our paychecks?"

The members of SS are lovin this project that Robert is doing with AK. All are kept busy with other interesting projects.

I avoided this thread until I finally got to see the special. It's great to see that this thread has about 10% to do with the special than a potential Zeppelin tour :rolleyes:

Anyway, I thought it was great ( the special, not the potential Zeppelin tour). I really enjoyed "Please Read The Letter" & "Rich Woman", their voices were great together. The Zep songs were good too, especially "Black Dog". I'm glad Plants' pushing himself as a singer again. Nice work.

Now back to the bogus Zeppelin tour of 08...

I think he's talking about a second album with Alison. He had said T Bone and Alison were trying to get him to start working on a second album in January. He seemed alittle overwhelmed with the first album, tour going to start and the 02 coming up at the time of the inteview. So I think he was referring to he may be ready to move forward on another project with Alison and T Bone.

Just my take on it. I really don't think he would say anything about a Zep tour while making Crossroads with Alison. He's seems very dedicated to the project and tour with Alison.

Archived