Other Led Zeppelin Kids

Mud Shark

I'm 13 now and I listen to about 10-20 songs of theirs a day and I'm looking forward to getting more of their albums (i've got 1 2 3 4 and houses of the holy). The first time i heard them was stairway to heaven on the radio, and i was about 8 or 9 or something i didnt know it was led zep but i liked it and tried to mouth the words even though i didn't know them :rolleyes: then i bought 2 and 3 coz i decided that they had to be alright, otherwise they wouldnt be so popular when all the classic rock was around. I didn't like them at first but i tried them again after a while and loved it so i bought 1 4 and houses of the holy and now im an addict. its impossible to decide which songs the best maybe bring it on home, or heartbreaker, or good times bad times or anything else...

i hope so bad that theyll perform again, let alone come to where i live in Perth in australia. it annoys me so much knowing that i'll probably never see them live but fingers crossed.

and they still are really popular, i've got loads of mates that listen to them some are really into it.

Yeah, well, not as young as you are. I'm eighteen and am now getting WAY into Zeppelin. My stepdad's a huge fan so we have a lot to talk about together now which is always good.

Kinda completely sucks that we missed the big moments, hey?

I am 15 aswell, but i ahvn't been a zep fan for that long, i first heard them when i got the mothership CD, my mum told me to listen to STH first before any other song.

Ever since then Zep have been my life,they even influenced me in taste in music from around that time and the stuff that Page got his influence from and stuff like that.

I'm 14 and I love Led Zeppelin! I've got 5 posters and a countless number of pictures that I've printed out all over my room. I just graduated from eighth grade, and in our school each person in the eighth grade class gets to paint their own little foot by foot square in the hall, needless to say, I did the cover of the fourth album.

Peace,

Kristen

I have two boys. One's sixteen and into Indie Rock (I think that's what it's called). The other is thirteen and loves Led Zeppelin.

I find myself telling one to turn the music down and the other to turn the music up.

:lol: I love that.

Gaaaaah...I can't bear this petty competition and underlying jealousy of eachother!!

And don't say it isn't there, because it totally is.

I've been through this "I'm the biggest fan of _____" bullshit when I was in my teens. I know how it feels.

It's pretty sad, don't you think?

WE ALL LOVE LED ZEPPELIN.

Who gives a shit if someone seemingly "loves them more"?

Nobody can possibly know that unless we pull eachothers brains out and somehow create a machine that can measure Led Zeppelin love.

And that's totally not gonna happen, obviously. :rolleyes:

Just give it a rest, folks!

:wacko:

#

Leave the kids alone, you sound like you should be on the parent forum. They have the right to express themselves as much as us old Zepp Heads. At least there safe on here and not out mugging old ladies. LOL

Anyway all my Zepp stuff will be distributed to any of my future Grandchildren who know all the songs, what order they are on the albums, and can play the most songs without any mistakes.

So they have a lot to learn, don't they?

Long live the Kids on here, they are our future and will carry the flag when we are long gone.

AMEN.

this is the generation that will bring back true rock, and ppl need to listen to us, even if they think we're crazy!

Amen to that man! I'm still young (20yrs) and Led Zep is definately my favorite band! They have been since I was 14. I just wish bands today played with the same heart and same enthusiasm as Zep did in the 70s. Hell I would love to see a band now that doesn't wear makeup and whine or scream bloody murder into a microphone.

I still wished I lived in the Zep era of the 70s...there was so much GOOD music then. Look at what my generation has....Panic at the Disco and My Chemical Romance :angry: Yeah listen to one of those bands and then listen to Zep and by then end of it, your thinking, "ok what the hell happened to music!"

-GetTheLedOut

First off I would like to say that I'm 15 years old, and Led Zeppelin is by far my favorite band. No band can touch them. They've honestly changed my life. From my looks to completely remolding my musical taste in general. I seriously can't get enough Zeppelin. I love them.

Everyday I just wish I could travel back in time to be able to see them Live. I would sell my soul to see Zeppelin live. Hell, I'd even give my left nut. I just hope that someday I will be able to see them live. Probably won't be possible outside of a world tour(My family doesn't have the money to send me to London and buy tickets). :P

How many other kids out there feel the same?

You value your left nut higher than your soul? :blink: :blink: :blink:

im 14, and i love zepp. i like all the other bands too, the who, the stones. the doors, you name it...

look at my avatar. its keith moon! i love him! :D i have a keith moon shirt!

but i only know one other hard core zepp fan who is 14. he's on my baseball team..

First off I would like to say that I'm 15 years old, and Led Zeppelin is by far my favorite band. No band can touch them. They've honestly changed my life. From my looks to completely remolding my musical taste in general. I seriously can't get enough Zeppelin. I love them.

Everyday I just wish I could travel back in time to be able to see them Live. I would sell my soul to see Zeppelin live. Hell, I'd even give my left nut. I just hope that someday I will be able to see them live. Probably won't be possible outside of a world tour(My family doesn't have the money to send me to London and buy tickets). :P

How many other kids out there feel the same?

well ill go ahead and say i feel EXACTLY the same way.well except selling my soul, seeing that im a christian and all lol, but i'd definately give my left nut to go back and see zep.especially tsrts live and royal albert hall live.probably would have wanted to set in on the bbc sessions too.but there's too much crap music today.you have emo /screamo sh!t,rap gayness, and that horrible music that they call country. i mean i like country from like the 70's a little bit back in waylon jennings and johnny cash's day, but this stuff is pure sh!t.The only things i see going on good in music is the old bands are starting to come back somewhat,and for me there is weezer and wolfmother.i do believe if wolfmother could one day become a household name,then i think it could bring rock back to where it needs to be.i definately think tsrts should be put back into theatres just to expose it to those who would normally not go rent it at blockbuster,well at least i think soo.im a 15 yearold, almost 16 now.ive been listening since the summer of going in to 6th grade and now im goin into my sophmore year.im the kid you see walking down the hall with a smile on his face and a led zep shirt on.i have become a bit obsessed in the last year or so, the prescense album really did it for me, the most underated and powerful pieces in my opinion.well i am glad that i can represent the led zep torch and hope to pass it on one day too.soes it not make you feel cool when u see people that are whole lot older than you and complementing you of ure shirt cause it has lz I on it? i mean it shows the people that once listened arent gonna stop listening.led zep also made me pick up a guitar and i now run a epiphone sg through a beautiful and rare 63 fender basman amp.thanks for giving me something to write about.

I myself am 14 years old, and I'm a HUGE fan of Zep, Queen, and a ton of other classic rockers. I feel pretty much the same way as you do.

Pagey inspired me to get an effects pedal for my electric violin. ;)

My little cousin, who's a year old, LOVES Zep. Especially the louder songs, like "Rock and Roll", "Achilles Last Stand", etc. His favorite would have to be "Whole Lotta Love", though. The first time I played it for him, he was litterally rocking to the beat on the table. :P

I am 14 and I love led zeppelin, i got into them at age 13 and my music sense has dramatically changed since then. Now i am more into older stuff like CCR, The Rolling Stones, Four Tops, Otis Redding, Buddy Guy, and many more older bands. Much of my guitar leads are based off of some of Jimmy Pages licks except I am not nearly as fast as him and I am more modeled after George Harrison. I hope Led Zep continues to rock through the ages and hell maybe if I get into a band and get lucky maybe I can remodel the "Modern" Age of music and make it like it was. I doubt this will happen but you never know maybe I'll get lucky. :thumbsup::hippy:

• 1 month later...

Yea of course. I am 14. I grew up on Zeppelin...Thanks to my dad. My dad has a few of their records...(Im not sure which ones, I should really ask him). But I know we have Led Zeppelin, their first album sitting right in my living room, next to my record player. Honestly, Im obsessed and addicted to Led Zeppelin. Im obsessed with their music, stories about them, and just them....I have pretty much all their songs on my juke :). I know all of their songs, as soon as a Led Zeppelin song starts playing, I can name it right away. I had 458 pictures of them on my phone..but recently I had to delete most of them...It took up all my memory :( So now I have about 224 pictures..Theyre nice to look at every once in a while. Haha Jimmy is my background, and right now Tangerine is my ringtone. I just love every aspect of Led Zeppelin, just everything about them :)...And yes of course, Im listening to them right now, Ten Years Gone,...

I love how Im replying to a pretty old thread..is it dead?

The Golden God is my love :D

This is "Great Stuff" all I can say for young Zep fans is carry on the legacy! If you are musicians and young, the torch is yours. Make a band, make good music, write good lyrics! Explore other 70's and 80's and 90's bands, you will come back to Zep. They are the BOMB! Also in case nobody else has ever told you, check out the Beatles, and Elvis!

Archived