Best Zeppelin Biography?

StarkRavingCalm

Once I finish the book I am on now ('Raw Shark Texts' by Steven Hall), I want to read a Zeppelin biography. I read 'Hammer Of The Gods' several years ago and loved it. But all the reviews I read about now say it's much too "gossipy". So I ask: what is the best Zeppelin biography out there?

The user reviews vary widly on all the books out there. I like reading about what influenced each song and album and what was going on in their lives at the time (fish fetishes aside).

Once I finish the book I am on now ('Raw Shark Texts' by Steven Hall), I want to read a Zeppelin biography. I read 'Hammer Of The Gods' several years ago and loved it. But all the reviews I read about now say it's much too "gossipy". So I ask: what is the best Zeppelin biography out there?

The user reviews vary widly on all the books out there. I like reading about what influenced each song and album and what was going on in their lives at the time (fish fetishes aside).

Have you read The Definitive Biography by Ritchie Yorke?

It's very good.

I agree Rithchie Yorke's biography was very good, I don't know if it's still in print, but it's worth looking for it.

It can be had online and probably some larger brick and mortor used bookstores. It's not a rare find.

I found it on Amazon Marketplace.

That Keith Shadwick book you linked to is on my wishlist.

How would you rate it in comparison to the Ritchie Yorke book?

I'm looking for Bonham On Bonham- by Mick Bonham...Hard to find (at least for me)
No, your not alone I've looked for this at EVERY book store in the area. One store said that the book was out of print and that I would need to order it online.

I'm looking for Bonham On Bonham- by Mick Bonham...Hard to find (at least for me)

I got a copy new and at reasonable price on Amazon, then lost it....now it's hard to find. Very upset.

Ive just found copies of the book on Amazon.co.uk...I think the cheapest was £9 + P&P. Is that any help?

I found two copies on Amazon usa, cheaper one was 17,99$ and the other one 85,26$!!??!!

I bought mine couple of years ago for 10 $ or something like that. It is very touching book, and worth to buy, absolutely.

I also love all Dave Lewis books and Ritchie York book is excellent. I have almost all Zep books that are available on Amazon, even Cole's book, don't buy that one. I deeply regret that I did.

Archived