The Capitol Theater and John Scher

JethroTull

I've been trying to find a listing of all the shows held at The Capitol Theatre in Passaic, New Jersey. John Scher was and still is a famous promoter in NJ. The Capitol Theatre is no longer. It's heday was in the early 70's into I believe the 80's. There was always an annual Zappa show on Halloween. I only went to 6 or 7 shows. You never knew what condition your car would be in (or if it would even be where you parked it) when returning to it after the show.

This is the best I could do. Moyssi is some guy who designed the concert programs and performed other duties for John Scher.

http://www.moyssi.com/intro.htm

JT,

Capital Theater was a GREAT venue! Been to many, many shows. I'll gather my thoughts and try to recount a story or two. I looked for it a few years back. It's GONE! Not a trace. Shoulda been a historical landmark!

I know it's local news... ain't it all, when you think about it?

JT,

Capital Theater was a GREAT venue! Been to many, many shows. I'll gather my thoughts and try to recount a story or two. I looked for it a few years back. It's GONE! Not a trace. Shoulda been a historical landmark!

I know it's local news... ain't it all, when you think about it?

Hawthorne, NJ. I lived in Wayne (and Fair Lawn). Spent many nights at The Golden Steer getting steerized.

I think the whole brother Wease fiasco but the kabash on this topic. Seriously EVERYBODY played the Capitol Theater. Styx, Journey, Foreigner, Ted Nugent, Bay City Rollers, Kiss. All the greats.

No doubt there were some good acts there....but this list is a virtual who's who of

CRAPOLA BANDS !!! :thumbdown:

What the hell...? How could you EVEN lump them in with Zappa ? :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived