Emmylou Harris Named to Country Music Hall of Fame

Jahfin

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — The newest members of the Country Hall of Fame are Emmylou Harris, Tom T. Hall, the Statler Brothers and the late Ernest "Pop" Stoneman.

Their upcoming induction was announced Tuesday in Nashville.

Tammy Genovese of the Country Music Association says Harris is a revered song interpreter, while Hall is a renowned storyteller with his music.

She says the Statler Brothers are America's poets and Pop Stoneman was a patriarch of country music. They will be formally inducted later this year.

Geez...I'd have figured Emmylou would already be in The Hall !!

One of the most memorable vocal moments EVER for me was back in the late 80s when I saw/heard her perform the Beatles...'Here, There and Everywhere'...at an outdoor free show here in Nashville. Made me cry..the beauty of her voice and her interpretation of the song.

And ONE of the best albums' to come out of the 90s to me...was her 'Wrecking Ball' cd..produced by Daniel Lanios.

Listening to it right now ! :)

41X89E6KQKL._AA240_.jpg

Geez...I'd have figured Emmylou would already be in The Hall !!

And ONE of the best albums' to come out of the 90s to me...was her 'Wrecking Ball' cd..produced by Daniel Lanios.

Listening to it right now ! :)

41X89E6KQKL._AA240_.jpg

I totally agree with everything you've said Joelmon. I thought she'd be in it already (just matter-of-fact really). I love Wrecking Ball and recently bought Red Dirt Girl. And the stuff she did with Gram Parsons. :yay: And to top it all, she's so fucking gorgeous.

eh1.jpg:wub:

eh2.jpg:wub:

Archived