ROBERT PLANT - PLANT: 'LED ZEPPELIN ISN'T MY PRIORITY'

Cat

This is just more cheap journalism. As has been pointed out above, it's a rehash of an old interview and no where in it 9as far as I can see) does he say that LZ aren't his priority at the moment. That seems to have been plucked out of the ether to headline the story and give it more sensationalism that it deserves.

Having said that, we know that they aren't, because of the Raising Sand tour. There's nothing new in the article and it adds nothing to the will they / won't they speculation.

Agree with this. He will wake up when this tour is over and realize who he is. Jimmy will get him motivated.

You could not have said it any better. Robert Plant (and JPJ, JP, JB) made Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin made Robert Plant. He may have made a name for himself on his own but it's inevitable. People (FANS) will always associate him with Led Zep and vice versa. FANS cannot think of Robert and not think of LZ. No matter how good his other collaborations are (I'm personally not crazy about Raising Sand either, it's just OK). And why not? Led Zep gave us the most wonderful robust era of rock and roll. No one like LZ will come our way again in this lifetime. Robert YOU ARE THE GOLDEN GOD OF ROCK. You might think you are way too old or mature for that now but no one has taken your place nor Led Zep's place as the greatest rock band that ever lived. I don't think anyone will. We'll just have to wait and see if you'd take another interest in revisiting your roots once more.

I've read an article where he said "He doesn't want just to be an echo of his past life". I can appreciate that for him to consider a continuation of Led Zep there has to be new materials available for them to explore their artistic maturity. This we've just got to give the band credit for. We just dont want to see them be a caricature of their 70's personas, repeatedly singing the same tunes - which by the way are REALLY GREAT TUNES I wont mind hearing over and over again - it will most likely bore them no end having done so 12 years and then some after but not me certainly - but also to show new numbers that might express where they are at now in their musical careers.

Give him a chance to finish off his tour with Alison without the pressure of a LED ZEPPELIN WORLD TOUR (which Jimmy has done), which would completely overshadow his current project and mean that every bit of press he does will be about LED ZEPPELIN WORLD TOUR and not Plant & Krauss.

Then in September, or whenever that is finished, lets see what comes about?

I agree. But still- he doesn't sound like he will be doing that. I don't know- I think it sounds like he wants no zeppelin. :(

I'll get hung for saying this, but I think I'd rather see a new Strange Sensation album than a Zep tour... Zep music does get a bit old after a while and even I need something new, plus I wouldn't have a chance in hell of seeing Zep if they toured anyway... Raising Sand was cool, it's not what I usually listen to and I think that's partly why I liked it, it's something new. I think Plant is weary of playing a Zep tour because he'll be even more constricted playing with Zep than he ever was. if you thought the fans might get mad if they didn't play Stairway in the 70's, I can only imagine what they'd do if they didn't get their dose of the "Greatest Hits" on the first tour in 28 years. god forbid they don't play Rock And Roll or Black Dog or (gasp!) Stairway on the tour, they'd go bonkers. if Plant hates Stairway because he had to play it at every show after it was written, then what's he going to think of the Zep catalog after he's had to play Mothership every night for an entire tour?

Truthfully I would be very happy with them doing what ever their gonna do. Don't matter to me, seen Song Remains the Same a few hundred times, the live performans are burned into brain till the day I die. Will always be the way I see them.......Kind of like to see them do some of their bluesier cuts (Muddy Waters)...... Hots on for nowhere.... Hey Hey What Can I Do...Candy Store Rock....Royal Orleans ect. as far as Stairway goes.......PLAYED. heard that 1 at least ##.....shit PLAYED.

I believe it was originally Robert's idea, not Alison's. I don't understand why everyone's blaming her, if not for her, Robert would be working with someone else. if this Robert/Alison tour was happening in '07, nobody would be whining, so why are you whining now? they play one concert and everyone assumes a tour... what's that? no tour immediately after the O2?! it must be Alison's fault!! let's go on a blue grass witch hunt everyone!!!!

Why are people blaming allison for all of this did we forget the new drummer for LZ Jason is in a band called foreigner and they have tour dates for this spring are working on european festivals in the summer then come back to the US till o september 20th so like JP said well see around september what is going on. So it isnt jus RP/AK Jason has to fulfill his duties to his band as well.

:angry::angry: This Allison chick is starting to get on my nerves. Go awayyyy. :angry::angry:

YAWN :wacko:

I believe it was originally Robert's idea, not Alison's. I don't understand why everyone's blaming her, if not for her, Robert would be working with someone else. if this Robert/Alison tour was happening in '07, nobody would be whining, so why are you whining now? they play one concert and everyone assumes a tour... what's that? no tour immediately after the O2?! it must be Alison's fault!! let's go on a blue grass witch hunt everyone!!!!

Excellent point.

As much as he would like to cater to the Zeppelin audience, he is too smart to sacrifice his opportunity with Alison Krauss.

That's right!

Why are people blaming allison for all of this did we forget the new drummer for LZ Jason is in a band called foreigner and they have tour dates for this spring are working on european festivals in the summer then come back to the US till o september 20th so like JP said well see around september what is going on. So it isnt jus RP/AK Jason has to fulfill his duties to his band as well.

Exactly! :thumbsup:B):D

Archived