Tina Fey To Host SNL's Return Show

The Pagemeister

The once show head writer and co-anchor of "Weekend Update," Tina Fey, is scheduled to host the first new post-strike episode of "Saturday Night Live," Access Hollywood has confirmed. Tina was the creative force behind "SNL" comedy gems such as, the "Mom Jeans" commercial, "The Girl with No Gaydar," and the always hilarious parodies of "Live with Regis and Kelly" and "The View."

Tina, who now stars in and writes the award-winning NBC show "30 Rock," will be back in studio 8H with her former "SNL" co-stars on February 23. There is no confirmation on what sketches Tina will do, but as a former anchor on "Weekend Update," Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers could expect Tina (and her dynamic delivery) for an impromptu appearance at the "Update" desk.

"SNL" was forced to miss nine new shows during the writer's strike, but NBC plans to make up for the loss between now and May, producing new shows for each of the next four straight weeks, which the late-night show rarely does.

"It’s a political year, so we want to jam it with 'SNL.' We hope to have as many as six or eight more this season," Ben Silverman, the co-chairman of NBC Entertainment, told the, NY Times.

Ellen Page, the Oscar-Nominated star of "Juno," is scheduled to host the following week on March 1.

No musical guests have been announced yet.

HMMMMM.....

No musical guests yet,eh?

Let's see now.....perhaps we should make some suggestions...

Got any ideas?

Hmmmm...What about some lad called Robert and a lass called Allison singing a couple of tunes from Raisin' Sand?

Juliet :)

Well if ya don't like my idea then I'll be a little more bold and suggest LED ZEPPELIN...

JULIET :o

The once show head writer and co-anchor of "Weekend Update," Tina Fey, is scheduled to host the first new post-strike episode of "Saturday Night Live."No musical guests have been announced yet.

Well...that's a nice Fucking Tie-In ! ! ! Someone hosting SNL on Feb. 23rd, who happens to also have a show on NBC about a fictional SNL show...

I'm sure they can find some crappy band or self-ingrossed singer to play some shit live for America.

It will be interesting to see what sharp political humor they will portray at this point in the race. Have they ever Fucked Hillary yet, like they've fucked Bush over and over ? ? ?

It was at least in the works for Roger Waters to perform the entire DSOTM album during the writers strike, but it was cancelled before it was completely planned.

He pulled out because he wanted to switch to the entire Wish You Were Here album because he felt it was more musical and a better balance then DSOTM.

Hello again:

I guess people didn't see my post where I suggested that LED ZEPPELIN be a musical guest..so I'll suggest it again..

LED ZEPPELIN...SNL musical guest at some point...please and thank-you...for the benefit of us commoners who bought their records during the 70's but couldn't get to the 02 gig...

Juliet :)

Carrie Underwood is the musical guest...

SORRY...I THINK IT SHOULD BE A ROCK BAND ON SNL....NOT A COUNTRY OR CROSS OVER ARTIST..

She was recently on The Grand Ol' Opry and The Grammies...

Juliet

Why shouldn't a country artist, one who has won multiple Grammy awards, appear on a late-night variety show? Are you saying that country artists aren't good enough to be on SNL? Why do you even care enough to say you don't think she should appear? She has just as much a right to be there as anyone else.

And Led Zeppelin will never be on SNL.

Wow. Tina Fey. Completely unfunny and untalented. How did she get on this show anyway? She must suck a mean dick.

Amen dude, i agree. I can't stand Tina Fey. I am looking forward to when Ellen page hosts. She is a good actress.

Why shouldn't a country artist, one who has won multiple Grammy awards, appear on a late-night variety show? Are you saying that country artists aren't good enough to be on SNL? Why do you even care enough to say you don't think she should appear? She has just as much a right to be there as anyone else.

And Led Zeppelin will never be on SNL.

Hi Electrophile:

No..I am not saying that country artists are not good enough for SNL...

If SNL has country artists..I will have to accept that decision..

I hope SNL will have veteran rock bands. If Zeppelin will never appear...perhaps Van Halen will perform

Juliet

Carrie Underwood is the musical guest...

SORRY...I THINK IT SHOULD BE A ROCK BAND ON SNL....NOT A COUNTRY OR CROSS OVER ARTIST..

She was recently on The Grand Ol' Opry and The Grammies...

Juliet

She was really good. I've never been into country music, but I thought she did great.

She must suck a mean dick.

Nice. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi:

It's a repeat tonight of the first show of this season featuring Tina as host...Carrie Underwood is the musical guest

I have changed my mind about country artists performing on SNL..some of you wrote that she did a good performance on this show so I'll try to watch the repeat tonight. I really do like country music alot...

Juliet

PS I hope they will have veteran country artists on at some point...people like Dwight Yoakam..Dwight Yoakam and......did I say Dwight Yoakam???.... :)

Question and Answer From Yahoo:

Why is Saturday Night Live playing reruns even though the Writer's Strike is over?

SNL has been playing reruns for a few weeks now AFTER the Writer's Strike. WTF? Is the season over or what?

-------------------------------------------------

After the strike, NBC cut the 2007/08 schedule to 13 episodes. Given the finite number remaining episodes, NBC must space out the live shows so that the last three are broadcast during the May Sweeps.

Also, I imagine the hiatus schedule was set in stone before the season began. Some cast members may have made other contractual obligations during these times and would not be available to SNL even if NBC had wanted to produce more episodes.

The remaining live shows will be broadcast on the following dates:

April 5

April 12

May 3

May 10

May 17

-----------------------------------------------

So expect the Re-Runs to continue on April 19 and April 26.

Mad TV may fare better with less re-runs.

Archived