Jimmy to star in "Hollywood blockbuster"?

Lilith

Excerpt from Ross Halfin's online blog, dated today (13th Feb):

"Woke up at 6am, couldn't sleep. Spoke to Jimmy Page at 7am, who was back from doing press in the East - and starring in a Hollywood blockbuster, his second thespian role after Song Remains The Same, where he had glowing eyes and climbed up a mountain in search of enlightenment. Or something like that..."

Anyone know anything about this? Or is Mr Halfin just having some fun as usual, his tongue firmly in his cheek?! My bet is on the latter.

His website is worth a look in any case, there are some amazing photos of Jimmy and the band on there.

He's pulling your leg, unless he's vaguely alluding to the fact the 02 Arena was sufficiently illuminated to allow for the filming of the reunion concert. I have heard privately his plans for this year may include that, the back catalog and more certainly a return to the guitar.

It would be strange that Page had just acted in a "Hollywood film" for 2 reasons - if he had been in the East, incl. Japan, I don't imagine it would be a Hollywood film (could be something else though).

Also to consider that in L.A, production on everything is almost completely shut down due to the newly ended writer's strike.....

He's pulling your leg, unless he's vaguely alluding to the fact the 02 Arena was sufficiently illuminated to allow for the filming of the reunion concert. I have heard privately his plans for this year may include that, the back catalog and more certainly a return to the guitar.

What about his album? Will he still be working on it? That's what I'm really waiting for.

What about his album? Will he still be working on it? That's what I'm really waiting for.

A return to the guitar sounds vague now but I believe all will be revealed sooner rather

than later. Certainly, it could encompass studio work in addition to live performances.

Let's hope he doesn't waste the summer waiting for a singer who may never show up anyway.

As I posted elsewhere Jimmy has a small cameo role in the new Tom Cruise film "Valkyrie."

I also heard Tom and Jimmy are remaking A Few Good Men as A Few Good Bandmates:

Jimmy Page: We live in a world that has venues, and those venues have to be filled by musicians with anthems. Whose gonna do it? I am, and so are you, Robert. I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Bonzo, and you curse Led Zeppelin. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Bonzo's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that stage, you need me on that stage. We use words like sex, drugs, rock and roll. We use those words as the backbone of a life spent pursuing something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under a blanket with Alison Krauss, and then questions the manner in which I book a tour. I would rather you just said thank you, and got in the limo. Otherwise, I suggest you bring it up an octave, and choose your tune. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

That is one of the best posts I've ever had the pleasure to spew my beer over!!!!

Wow, Jack Nicholson in a dragon suit! "I sleep four hundred yards from a gaggle of groupies who want nothing more than to share my bed! So don't think you can wave a backstage pass at me and make me nervous!" :hysterical:

On a serious note, Hey Jimmy, Mothership is out, TSRTS revision is done, the O2 showed the world, and Robert's run off with Allison.

Time to get back in the kitchen and get that solo stuff off the back burner and start cookin! :thumbsup:

Excerpt from Ross Halfin's online blog, dated today (13th Feb):

"Woke up at 6am, couldn't sleep. Spoke to Jimmy Page at 7am, who was back from doing press in the East - and starring in a Hollywood blockbuster, his second thespian role after Song Remains The Same, where he had glowing eyes and climbed up a mountain in search of enlightenment. Or something like that..."

Anyone know anything about this? Or is Mr Halfin just having some fun as usual, his tongue firmly in his cheek?! My bet is on the latter.

His website is worth a look in any case, there are some amazing photos of Jimmy and the band on there.

Perhaps it's the upcoming 'Guitar Man'?

Jimmy Page: We live in a world that has venues, and those venues have to be filled by musicians with anthems. Whose gonna do it? I am, and so are you, Robert. I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Bonzo, and you curse Led Zeppelin. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Bonzo's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that stage, you need me on that stage. We use words like sex, drugs, rock and roll. We use those words as the backbone of a life spent pursuing something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under a blanket with Alison Krauss, and then questions the manner in which I book a tour. I would rather you just said thank you, and got in the limo. Otherwise, I suggest you bring it up an octave, and choose your tune. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

mwahahahahahaha that would make a great on-stage intro...or would it??

On a serious note, Hey Jimmy, Mothership is out, TSRTS revision is done, the O2 showed the world, and Robert's run off with Allison.

Time to get back in the kitchen and get that solo stuff off the back burner and start cookin! :thumbsup:

Oh God...YES!! YES!! PLEASE!! GOD ALMIGHTY PLEASE!!!! :cheer:

A return to the guitar sounds vague now but I believe all will be revealed sooner rather

than later. Certainly, it could encompass studio work in addition to live performances.

Let's hope he doesn't waste the summer waiting for a singer who may never show up anyway.

Yeah, let's hope and pray that David Coverdale doesn't show! :D

:lol: You’ve outdone yourself with this one, Steve! I laugh easily but it’s not often that I read something online that makes me laugh out loud. In my head, I am hearing the sound of Jimmy’s voice (his accent) but with the inflections and cadence of Jack Nicholson. :lol: Thanks for that. :beer:

That is one of the best posts I've ever had the pleasure to spew my beer over!!!!

Wow, Jack Nicholson in a dragon suit! "I sleep four hundred yards from a gaggle of groupies who want nothing more than to share my bed! So don't think you can wave a backstage pass at me and make me nervous!" :hysterical:

:lol: There it is again: Jimmy’s voice/accent but with Nicholson’s pattern of speech. Good one, Ev! It’s not a realistic Zep flick without the inclusion of the groupies. :lol::beer:

:lol: You've outdone yourself with this one, Steve! I laugh easily but it's not often that I read something online that makes me laugh out loud. In my head, I am hearing the sound of Jimmy's voice (his accent) but with the inflections and cadence of Jack Nicholson. :lol: Thanks for that. :beer:

:lol: There it is again: Jimmy's voice/accent but with Nicholson's pattern of speech. Good one, Ev! It's not a realistic Zep flick without the inclusion of the groupies. :lol::beer:

:beer:

Couldn't agree more... this stuff is priceless, you two!

Brillliant, loved it, Jimmy should write music to this!

• 2 years later...

Speaking of Jack Nicholson and Jimmy Page in the same topic, I read that Jack Nicholson actually went backstage during one of Jimmy Page and Robert Plant's shows in Los Angeles (I believe) in 1995. Although I do not know for sure, I would assume that Jack met with Jimmy and Robert either before or after this gig. If this is true, than Jack Nicholson MUST be a fan of both Led Zeppelin and Jimmy Page and Robert Plant.

Another backstage visitor to this same concert was Richard Gere. Again, I would speculate that Richard Gere must be a fan of the Music. Otherwise, why attend and make or get your way backstage to a concert that you really have no interest in? If what I read about this is true, I think that it is pretty cool to know that two "Great" Hollywood actors share an interest in the Music of the "Mighty Led Zeppelin".

Archived