Led Zeppelin III

Ledded4918

So does anyone know who said "stop" and why they said it? from what i hear they say it's jimmy but im not sure and was wondering if anybody knew. also it disappoints me when i hear people say that LZ III is their worst album. personally it's my favorite and has my favorite song on there (since ive been loving you)

I get pissed off when people blindly lash out at Zep by targeting their most "uncool" album,without III the band wouldn't have been artists,it showed the world the mighty faces of Zep!!!My fav is IV,i heard Jimmy,it sounds like him,him or JPJ,I'd say Jimmy,he says "stop"while Plant is singing,so it's not RP,JB was known for interupting a bit (the cough in IMTOD) but no,if you listen it's not his voice,i'd say a London accent,it sounds like the Communication Breakdown or Living Loving Maid backing vocals which Page did,i'll say Page ;)

I get pissed off when people blindly lash out at Zep by targeting their most "uncool" album..............

So do I. And in fact, when people carry on about this being their softer, acoustic album, they don't know what they're talking about.

I read a music review once that I totally agree with. That it's a bit of a myth about Zep III being this soft, folksy album. Just compare it with the fourth album.

Both albums have hard rocking songs. 'Immigrant Song' is analogous to 'Black Dog'.

'Going to California' and 'That's the Way' are very similar songs. Both are mellow, whimsical folksy songs.

Zep III has 'Tangerine' and the fourth album has 'The Battle of Evermore'. Neither is hard rocking, and both are soft acoustic. The only difference is that one is county and one is mystical folk.

The fourth album has a middle of the road song, neither hard rocking nor soft/ballady, in the way of 'Misty Mountian Hop'. Zep III has a song with a somewhat similar rhythm timing in the way of 'Out on the Tiles'. It also has the additional middle of the road, 'Celebration day'.

Both albums have blues numbers, with the great 'Since I've Been Loving You' and the deeply black mans' blues, 'Hats off to (Roy) Harper' on Zep III and 'When the Levee Breaks' on the fourth album.

That only leaves a couple of songs on both albums that are not analogous to one another. Zep III has the country bluegrass ramblings of 'Bron-Y-Aur Stomp, the moody 'Friends' and the ominous 'Gallows Pole'. Whilst the fourth album has the rock n roll 60's song of 'Rock and Roll' and the alternating heavy/light song of 'Four Sticks'. Of course the fourth album has the greatest song in rock history, 'Stairway to Heaven', but that can only happen once, on one of their albums.

So really, Zep III is no different to any other Zeppelin album. It has all the same ingredientes of hard rock, ballads, folk, country, blues and other categories of music. It is really a myth that it is a break from Zeppelin's formula. Closer examination reveals that it is not.

So does anyone know who said "stop" and why they said it? from what i hear they say it's jimmy but im not sure and was wondering if anybody knew. also it disappoints me when i hear people say that LZ III is their worst album. personally it's my favorite and has my favorite song on there (since ive been loving you)

I firmly believe it's Jimmy. It also disappoints me hearing that too. Actually I'm so proud LZ had this album it only proves that they're really versatile and can do things differently but stunning :D

Archived