Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo

kidmoon

What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?

• Since I've Been Loving You
    • Black Dog
    • How Many More Times
    • The Lemon Song
    • Immigrant Song (HTWWW version)
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Fool In The Rain
    • In The Evening
    • No Quarter
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other

For me:

Babe im gonna leave you - from the Amnesty Show 1998

Tea For One - from Tokyo show 1996.08.02

SIBLY - O2 Reunion show

Misty Mountain Hop - O2 Show

Heartbreaker - Page&Plant Bizarre Show 1998

How Many More Times - Page&Plant Bizarre Show 1998

Rock n Roll - Knebworth 1979.04.08

Thank You - Unledded MTV 1994

and so many more...i have so many favourite solos. :D

Sometimes driving through London is such a pain in the arse; but I tell you what gets me through the seven mile an hour pace of the traffic. It is the solo from "No Quarter" from "The Song Remains The Same" album played at full volume. When I say full volume I mean total disconnection from the real world volume; you all know what I am talking about, don't you?

However, I also love the guitar on

In My Time Of Dying,

Achilles Last Stand

Since I Been Loving You.

SIBLY has to be one of the greatest solo's ever by anyone but in all honesty, has there ever been a better solo recorded than the Stairway solo ! For some reason, the song get's lambasted by friend and foe alike but the solo has more feel and energy than any other that I can think of. Pure magic !

SIBLY has to be one of the greatest solo's ever by anyone but in all honesty, has there ever been a better solo recorded than the Stairway solo ! For some reason, the song get's lambasted by friend and foe alike but the solo has more feel and energy than any other that I can think of. Pure magic !

IMO, yes. That solo wasn't even the best Page was capable of.

We'll have to agree to disagree; I can't stand that song.

Why comment on a song you hate?

One of the most touching moments I've ever seen live in a concert setting was Jimmy Page playing Stairway to Heaven as an instrumental on the Outrider tour.

Why comment on a song you hate?

You didn't read the conversation I was having with ally, did you? He said he didn't think that there is a better solo than STH, and I said that I felt in my opinion there was, and that said solo wasn't even the best Page was capable of producing.

You make it sound like I just volunteered that I hated the song. Read all the posts before you just decide to quote one out of context of its conversation.

You didn't read the conversation I was having with ally, did you? He said he didn't think that there is a better solo than STH, and I said that I felt in my opinion there was, and that said solo wasn't even the best Page was capable of producing.

You make it sound like I just volunteered that I hated the song. Read all the posts before you just decide to quote one out of context of its conversation.

I've read all the posts and responded accordingly. I don't post every synapse that flashes across my mental screen as some here do.

• 1 month later...

I like the partin the Tea For One solo where he plays a pattern of 3 notes, and each time, it gets lower and further away by means of echo. Nothing flashy, just sad, simple echo.

I also like the solo in South Bound Saurez. It has a erally tight, squeezed sound. Its very dry, there is nothing there that shouldn't be.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Agree totally. One in a million. Stairway rules. Then there are so many. SIBLY is one. But Heartbreaker is up there and so is Dazed and Confused. I also love Icantquityoubabe, the blues guitar in there. And even the short leads like the one in Whole Lotta Love are so classic they have to make the list. I believe Whole Lotta Love really put Led Zeppelin on the map. And then Stairway made them one of the top five bands of all time. Number one by far on my list. .

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived