Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo

kidmoon

What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?  

373 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Page Guitar Solo?

• Since I've Been Loving You
    • Black Dog
    • How Many More Times
    • The Lemon Song
    • Immigrant Song (HTWWW version)
    • Stairway To Heaven
    • Fool In The Rain
    • In The Evening
    • No Quarter
    • Heartbreaker
    • Whole Lotta Love
    • Other

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If I had to pick just one it'd have to be no quarter from TSRTS, although the one in stairway from the movie is great too. Most of his solos are brilliant(when he was on his game,but I've also heard some bootlegs that I really wish I hadn't listened to)

I've always known that most guitarists at that time had their "not so good" performances , often as a cause of alcohol/drugs etc, but I always thought Page was above them. Maybe I've been a little credulous :P

I've always known that most guitarists at that time had their "not so good" performances , often as a cause of alcohol/drugs etc, but I always thought Page was above them. Maybe I've been a little credulous :P

Michael Des Barres, although based on the entirety of his quote I believe was exaggerating to an entirely stoned degree himself (castles?), referred to Page as "the most stoned guy in the room".

Michael Des Barres, although based on the entirety of his quote I believe was exaggerating to an entirely stoned degree himself (castles?), referred to Page as "the most stoned guy in the room

Hahah, that I do not have any trouble imagining ;)

Achilles Last Stand

No Quarter (Almost any live version, I can get around his sloppy playing in '77)

Stairway (Again, live because the studio version has just been thrashed to death although it is superlative.)

Heartbreaker

Since I've Been Loving You

Tea For One

I'm Gonna Crawl

In The Evening

Over The Hills and Far Away (live)

I Can't Quit You Babe

Trampled Underfoot (live)

Black Dog

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...