Joe Strummer vs John Lydon

greenman

The two biggest faces of punk in the UK but who produced the better work over their entire career?

The Clash beat the Sex Pistol's pretty easily for me(although I preffer the Pistol's debut) but when you include Public Image Ltd I'd say it makes things a good deal closer.

You ask a good question. I remember a quote from Joey Ramone...."The Sex Pistols were a good band, but The Clash was a great band". Recently I've seen some punk related documentaries on the tube. Once Vicious joined the Pistols it turned into a full blown circus and the band was doomed. I don't know enough about the Clash. I do own the one studio release by the Pistols plus that generic LP (can't think of the name) released by PIL. Rotten always comes across as a dick during interviews.

Without a doubt, Joe Strummer. I love The Clash. I do like The Sex Pistols but they just don't compare to The Clash. Besides Joey Ramone, Joe is the voice of punk for me. Basically, the only two punk bands I love are The Ramones and The Clash. Another reason I like The Clash more than The Pistols is because The Clash has a much larger catalouge.

Archived