5 Dead in College Shooting...

Retrobaby

And England isn't exactly a stranger when it comes to ordering countries around. Hell, theyre why your "superior" government exists. Everything you have is because of England, and England has a hell of a lot more skeletons than America

Hang on, what's all this 'England' lark? It was never the 'English' Empire. It was the 'British' Empire. The Scots, Irish and Welsh were also in the vanguard, particularly the Scots.

Hell, the Scots were so warlike and aggressive that the Romans had to build Hadrien's Wall to keep the buggers out of rampaging and pillaging northern England. :D

I mean, look what they did to Wembley in 1977! :blink:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eQI9g5p8jn0

:D :D

Hang on, what's all this 'England' lark? It was never the 'English' Empire. It was the 'British' Empire. The Scots, Irish and Welsh were also in the vanguard, particularly the Scots.

Hell, the Scots were so warlike and aggressive that the Romans had to build Hadrien's Wall to keep the buggers out of rampaging and pillaging northern England. :D

I mean, look what they did to Wembley in 1977! :blink:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eQI9g5p8jn0

:D :D

Would the "British" exist if England didn't make it so?

Gainsbarre's original post. This is why the thread went awry. Went from posts of sympathy to finger pointing and blaming Americans for the tradgedy

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde:

To have one school shooting would be a terrible tragedy. To have a second one would seem like carelessness...

But it's interesting to see you'd rather be well-versed in denial and condolences, than soul-searching and prevention...

I don't know of many people who appreciate being lectured to, especially in the hours after such an unfortuante event has occurred.

It was not well received I can assure you.

I can see you don't like being lectured to Del, but that' smostly because you're always too busy doing the lecturing to other people...

It's not well received I can assure you of that too...

But you know Del, arguing with you is like saying to a blind man "Now, look here...". It's pointless

After yet another school shooting happens, when you put on your John Ashcroft tape, wrap yourself up in the Stars and Stripes and cry to the bald eagle, anybody with half a brain says "why do these school shootings keep happening? What's going on? We have to stop this". Then, what normal people do is they take action to stop something bad from re-occuring

Del, here's something very serious for you to ponder...

Since 1996, there have been 55 school shootings around the world. 43 of them, yes that's 43 of them, have happened in the United States of America... That means 78% of all school shootings in the last 12 years have happened in the USA...

Why, Del? Answer me that. Why does your country have such a problem?

And don't give me that crap about America's population size... India, China, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Indonesia, they all have populations ranging from 150 million to over one billion...And all those countries, except Japan, have more poverty than the USA...and yet the USA still has 78% of all school shootings....

So Del, to say that the USA has 78% of all school-shootings, is that just more "America-bashing" to be ignored?

The children in the US still play Cowboys and Indians....

zoom.gif

..but the dynamics have changed a bit !

Hi Joelmon, I got your message, but when I tried to answer, it said your messaging was 'disabled',

so I could not send an answer........ maybe you were'nt aware of that?

If you want to get P.M.'s you need to adjust the settings in 'my controls'.

Would the "British" exist if England didn't make it so?

No, the 'British' wouldn't exist without Wales, Scotland and Ireland....England or no England.

It would just be 'England' with none of the above.

Would 'England' have existed so without all the foreign invaders coming in over the centuries???

Don't make it sound like it's 'England' being the "bad guy". The others were more than happy to take their share of the spoils when it suited them..including the 'Oirish'.

Del, here's something very serious for you to ponder...

Since 1996, there have been 55 school shootings around the world. 43 of them, yes that's 43 of them, have happened in the United States of America... That means 78% of all school shootings in the last 12 years have happened in the USA...

Why, Del? Answer me that. Why does your country have such a problem?

And don't give me that crap about America's population size... India, China, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Indonesia, they all have populations ranging from 150 million to over one billion...And all those countries, except Japan, have more poverty than the USA...and yet the USA still has 78% of all school shootings....

So Del, to say that the USA has 78% of all school-shootings, is that just more "America-bashing" to be ignored?

"India, China, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Indonesia"

Except for Japan, I can't think of any one of those countries I would want to visit much less live in.

Come on, China for crap sakes! They have forced labor and more human rights violations than any country in the world. Indonesia is a virtual muslim fanatics playground with the beheading of christian school girls and all. And India is basically a cesspool of human disease and poverty. I wouldn't put Brazil in the category of China, India and Indonesia.... but only just barely. Their human rights record isn't that great either (recall government hit squads killing homeless children in the streets). Russia is an organized crime wet dream, with just as many guns as the wild American west. And Japan is probably a very nice place to visit. Although, I guess that too is a matter of taste.

Sorry Charlie, but you need to do better than that before you convince me that it's that bad over here in Amercia. Hell we are thinking about building walls just to keep people out at this point.

"India, China, Brazil, Japan, Russia, Indonesia"

Except for Japan, I can't think of any one of those countries I would want to visit much less live in.

Come on, China for crap sakes! They have forced labor and more human rights violations than any country in the world. Indonesia is a virtual muslim fanatics playground with the beheading of christian school girls and all. And India is basically a cesspool of human disease and poverty. I wouldn't put Brazil in the category of China, India and Indonesia.... but only just barely. Their human rights record isn't that great either (recall government hit squads killing homeless children in the streets). Russia is an organized crime wet dream, with just as many guns as the wild American west. And Japan is probably a very nice place to visit. Although, I guess that too is a matter of taste.

Sorry Charlie, but you need to do better than that before you convince me that it's that bad over here in Amercia. Hell we are thinking about building walls just to keep people out at this point.

Yeah Del, but however bad those countries are, they don't have school shootings to the extent the USA does...78% of all school shootings...you don't think that's a problem?

Yeah Del, but however bad those countries are, they don't have school shootings to the extent the USA does...78% of all school shootings...you don't think that's a problem?

No. If I thought it was a problem I would move to India where the only things I needed to worry about was catching the plague or drowning in human shit while walking down the street.

btw, you are no 'member of the dissenters'

No. If I thought it was a problem I would move to India where the only things I needed to worry about was catching the plague or drowning in human shit while walking down the street.

Wow, Del, you don't think 44 School shootings in the last 12 years is a problem? Would you say that to the parents of the dead children that it's not a problem?

Wow, Del, you don't think 44 School shootings in the last 12 years is a problem? Would you say that to the parents of the dead children that it's not a problem?

Crime is always a problem, but of course we already have laws to deal with that.

But since you insist on playing the statistics game well then good... let's play. So you don't like guns, obviously. But how do you feel about swimming pools or maybe five-gallon buckets of water?

Each year in the United States approximately 1,150 children ages 14 and under drown; more than half are preschoolers (ages 0-4).

Approximately 50 percent of preschooler drownings occur in residential swimming pools.

In addition, each year, approximately 40 children drown in five-gallon buckets.

If I take your 12 year span to arrive at 44 school shootings and compare the same 12 years to small children drowning in five gallon buckets, that means that approximatly 480 children died as a result of five gallon buckets of water alone in the same time period, and somewhere around 3000 in residential swimming pools.

If you ask me we should be banning swimming pools and five-gallon buckets of water! Because as far as I'm concerned those are real threats to young people. Not to mention the fact that five-gallon buckets and swimming pools are not protected by constitutional guarantee so it might even make sense to try and regulate them out of existence without even going to a constitution amendment. Getting rid of guns would of course meet all sorts of obstacles in that regard.

And I didn't even address the staggering numbers of children killed in automobile accidents.

Go sell crazy someplace else Gainesbore.

Crime is always a problem, but of course we already have laws to deal with that.

But since you insist on playing the statistics game well then good... let's play.

Man, you're sad, you really are sad....

78% of all school shootings happening in just the USA alone, and you fob it off as "playing the statistics game"

You won't even acknowledge that there's a problem, you don't want to know about it, which is just pathetic, I mean I was prepared to accept you were an opinionated person, but i didn't realise that your head is burried that far in the sand, and that you would call me Gainsbore for bringing up the fact that kids who go to school in america have to worry about being killed in class more than any other kid in the world.

And you just don't care...

Well, I'll say one thing for your apathy, at least in the future people will know who to blame for inaction. People like you.

You're sad, and I actually feel very sorry for you. I hope one day you wake up to yourself and what's around you.

Man, you're sad, you really are sad....

78% of all school shootings happening in just the USA alone, and you fob it off as "playing the statistics game"

You won't even acknowledge that there's a problem, you don't want to know about it, which is just pathetic, I mean I was prepared to accept you were an opinionated person, but i didn't realise that your head is burried that far in the sand, and that you would call me Gainsbore for bringing up the fact that kids who go to school in america have to worry about being killed in class more than any other kid in the world.

And you just don't care...

Well, I'll say one thing for your apathy, at least in the future people will know who to blame for inaction. People like you.

You're sad, and I actually feel very sorry for you. I hope one day you wake up to yourself and what's around you.

Well, I guess you and your wife won't be sending your kids to school in the U.S. then will you?

So England has been the victim all this time? The Scots and the Irish are the ringleaders

Interesting theory

Don't be a bell end. I never said that. Simply saying that the Scots, Welsh and Irish were more than happy to jump on board and enjoy the BRITISH Empire ride. YOU called it 'England' this and 'England' that. You are completely wrong. Just accept it.

Have you any idea how many Scots, Irish and Welsh made up the British army over the centuries? No, probably not. Your version of history probably begins and ends in Hollywood where the bad guys only ever speak in clipped English accents and poor Paddy, Jock and Taffy are always the downtrodden and the picked on. :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favour. Stop watching the telly and pick up a book sometime.

How do you think the city of Glasgow, SCOTLAND, got so big, bustling and prosperous???? What was it's ship building industry entwined with? That's right, the BRITISH Empire.

I'm certainly neither a gun advocate nor gun control advocate, but to say 78 percent of all school shootings happen in the U.S. and that there were 44 in 12 years is not taking into account that the U.S. has more students than any other nation on earth in schools (elementary to college). Seriously, there are more than 70 million Americans each year enrolled between kindergarten and college. I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to find another nation with that many people in its education system, so it's already skewed that more would happen in the U.S.

http://www.allcountries.org/uscensus/239_s...rojections.html

I'm certainly neither a gun advocate nor gun control advocate, but to say 78 percent of all school shootings happen in the U.S. and that there were 44 in 12 years is not taking into account that the U.S. has more students than any other nation on earth in schools (elementary to college). Seriously, there are more than 70 million Americans each year enrolled between kindergarten and college. I'm sure you'll be hard pressed to find another nation with that many people in its education system, so it's already skewed that more would happen in the U.S.

The flip side to that is that the U.S.A does not have 78% of the world's total of students.

The population argument is a ridiculous argument, and one that has absolutely no relevance.

USA population 300 million - no. of school shooting since 1996: 44

Japan population 127 million no. of school shootings since 1996: 0

If it was just about population and relation to population, then Japan would have to have had 18 school shootings since 1996...

So you're wong there, sorry.

Oh and another thing you're wrong about, I'm afraid...

The USA does not have more people enrolled in educational institutions than any other country. The USA has 71 million young people enrolled in educational institutions. India has over 158 million young people enrolled in educational institutions....

How many school shootings did India have?

You have to stop making excuses. I know it's tough for some of you to accept that there may be problems in the USA, but there clearly are

The population argument is a ridiculous argument, and one that has absolutely no relevance.

USA population 300 million - no. of school shooting since 1996: 44

Japan population 127 million no. of school shootings since 1996: 0

If it was just about population and relation to population, then Japan would have to have had 18 school shootings since 1996...

So you're wong there, sorry.

Oh and another thing you're wrong about, I'm afraid...

The USA does not have more people enrolled in educational institutions than any other country. The USA has 71 million young people enrolled in educational institutions. India has over 158 million young people enrolled in educational institutions....

How many school shootings did India have?

You have to stop making excuses. I know it's tough for some of you to accept that there may be problems in the USA, but there clearly are

But how many people in India die of the bubonic plague every year would be my question.

Whatever problems we have they are slight compared to India.

And of course Japan is still trying to live down that whole Rape of Nanking thing so let's not even go there.

But how many people in India die of the bubonic plague every year would be my question.

Whatever problems we have they are slight compared to India.

And of course Japan is still trying to live down that whole Rape of Nanking thing so let's not even go there.

Yes there's a lot of disease and poverty in India, and a lot of socio-economic problems they are having to deal with.

One thing they aren't having to deal with though is School shootings. That seems to be almost a wholly American problem.

But frankly, doesn't it make you wonder why the USA has such a high incidence of school shootings compared to any other Country?

To be honest, I really don't know the answer why, but I would like to know, in particular, why school shootings seem to be such a problem in the USA.

Don't be a bell end. I never said that. Simply saying that the Scots, Welsh and Irish were more than happy to jump on board and enjoy the BRITISH Empire ride. YOU called it 'England' this and 'England' that. You are completely wrong. Just accept it.

Have you any idea how many Scots, Irish and Welsh made up the British army over the centuries? No, probably not. Your version of history probably begins and ends in Hollywood where the bad guys only ever speak in clipped English accents and poor Paddy, Jock and Taffy are always the downtrodden and the picked on. :rolleyes:

Do yourself a favour. Stop watching the telly and pick up a book sometime.

How do you think the city of Glasgow, SCOTLAND, got so big, bustling and prosperous???? What was it's ship building industry entwined with? That's right, the BRITISH Empire.

Someone's a little upset. Calm down there bud. My thing is, the Scots and the Welsh and even the Irish, were not originally happy, I'm sure, when they saw English knights riding into their homeland, yes?

Shit, calm down. I was being sarcastic, thought you'd be use to it by now

Someone's a little upset. Calm down there bud. My thing is, the Scots and the Welsh and even the Irish, were not originally happy, I'm sure, when they saw English knights riding into their homeland, yes?

Of course they weren't happy. My family is half Irish and the resentment towards the English smolders to this very day...

Archived