Design Your Own Led Zeppelin Room

SteveAJones

My Zeppelin Room would have the best audio system money could buy plus all 4 walls covered with video monitors that could change the ambiance in a second- you could have 1 wall each dedicated to a Zepper, showing various images of them in shows, backstage & home life. And then the monitors would change- you could then pretend that you were at MSG in July 73 by having the front wall playing the TSRTS movie while the other 3 walls showed the audience next to & in back of you (of course a special panel in the ceiling would open & a mirror ball would come out) & the same thing with the Earls Court & Knebworth portions of DVD.

If only money was no object :sigh:

(gotta play Mega Millions on Tuesday- $220 million jackpot!)

That's the best one I've heard.

My Zeppelin Room would have the best audio system money could buy plus all 4 walls covered with video monitors that could change the ambiance in a second- you could have 1 wall each dedicated to a Zepper, showing various images of them in shows, backstage & home life. And then the monitors would change- you could then pretend that you were at MSG in July 73 by having the front wall playing the TSRTS movie while the other 3 walls showed the audience next to & in back of you (of course a special panel in the ceiling would open & a mirror ball would come out) & the same thing with the Earls Court & Knebworth portions of DVD.

If only money was no object :sigh:

(gotta play Mega Millions on Tuesday- $220 million jackpot!)

Sounds awesome. The only thing with all these video projections and great audio, there's always the possibly of it turning into the dredded Karaoke night, especially with the Zeppelin bar on the same grounds.

well if I can't have my outdoor, under the sky, live led zeppelin concert I think I'll just go on over to obsessed with zep and evsters place(nice collection ya got there). But I will be the girl shakin her ass to led zep so there better be plenty of dancin room. I just don't think I could sit or just stand there. Unless I'm layin down on the floor with a speaker on each side of my head. Thats pretty cool. and I like the morrocan theme too.

I'm a nature's child and celtic to the bones - we never would even think about locking up anyone in a room, shrine or whatever..... There are only clouds vanishing Over the hills and far away, the sea is red and the sky is grey and a figur is moving beyond the misty mountains over there - somehow wondering how tomorrow could ever follow today....

All the mountains and the canyons started to tremble and shake when I'm riding a white mare in the footsteps of dawn and I'm not really far away so far away - and maybe for someone I was or I'm still the woman who's never, never, never been born...... Sometimes I'm found down by the seaside unmounting for kissing tiny flowers in the raising sand, sometimes lost without senses, without command and sometimes I come silent in the night, take somebody's seed from a shaking frame with the ancient fire and a brand new flame - and the wheel rolls on....

Feel the healing rivers run!

On first conception, I'd go with a castle styled room.

Dimensions 50' x 38' x 42'.

As you entered, you'll notice the stuffed golden retriever sitting by the door, happy with his tongue hanging out. That's just Stryder, say hi, give em a quick pet and come on in.

Big cathedral style opening with church windows with a huge chandaleire.

I'd also go with a bar and main stage area, hey I need a place to practice and drink too right? And damnit Ev, I too would favor the Ludwig Green Sparkle kit over any other. I'd also have Jonesy's mellotron ala 73 set up with Fender Jazz Bass on hand. The stage area would run about 30ft across the front wall, leaving ample space on either side. The side bar would be open at the foot of the stage and run all the way to the opposing wall. Above the bar would be all sorts of Zeppelin memorabilia ranging from concert flyers, t-shirts, tickets, passes, mugs, badges, stickers. Above the wood furnished barwall would be multiple artifacts. A signed Gibson Les Paul Double Neck would be mounted above the center of the bar with pictures of Page in his SS Trooper uniform playing it around it. I'd also have a Nurses Do It Better shirt hanging from one of the light fixtures. The bar would be fully stocked at all times with 4 kegs of Heineken. The remaing walls would be scattered with various newspaper clippings, concert reviews, backstage photos, live photos and promotional photos of the boys over the years.

Second floor balcony seating with wood furnished railing and two four seater wooden benches with cushions. Behind, carpet flooring with a 100'' flat screen above the 50" x 24" fireplace. Hanging on either side of the flat screen would be 58 and 59 Gibson Les Paul's, both signed by Page. On either side of them would be gold records of Zeppelin I and II. The furniture would be old English, very celtic based consisting of two large sofas, 3 recliners, 2 sitting chairs, 4 coffee tables for lamps and drinks and the middle coffee table.

Really?! Have you made any plans for this weekend yet... :hysterical:

Stevie, the emphasis is on "sometimes", "somebody's" and - most important - "I"..... which means it's never ever any male's decision.....

Most guys are not made to deal with the female powers of the ancient times! Even I change the white mare into a black one with more horsepowers from time to time I was at least lucky having found what I was looking for ............ !

Tinkerbell

The garage is about 17x22, got a comfortable old couch near the back and a mini fridge full of refreshments. Sounds from a pair of ESS Heil Rock Monitors, 85 watts of classic Marantz power, cd/dvd player and an LCD projector. the garage door serves as a screen. (And there's one small photo from when I saw them.)

first things first, get and ebay and get buying, then the room would be red carpets and black walls, im a guitarist so i would have all Jimmys guitars plus a theramin and all the right amps,some funky jpj bass into the mix, maybe the one he used at Knebworth! obviously a replica Boham kit with all the extras...but which one, well i would go for the "Albert hall kit" everyones got the orange perspex :D the walls would be minimal with all my records on the wall and space for all my other vinyl, id probably have all other memorabilia on the walls too but the bulk would be Zeppelin!! A huge soundsystem 4 14" speakers in each corner (imagine whole lotta love....sweet!!) with a subwoofer plus a badass record player have a bar in there too and throw all night parties, whos comin?

Archived