new yardbirds

Aleister

There are no known recordings from when the band was calling itself The (New) Yardbirds (August 1968-October 1968). The earliest known recording is from the 12/30/68 concert in Spokane, Washington.

Most concert bootlegs through mid-1969 feature a version of the song. The closest thing you'll find to an "official" version is right here:

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/led-...t/764-4017.html

Are there any tracks laying around of the new yardbirds last tour?

I'm trying to find a recording of train kept a rollin with plant singing. Before I search myself to an early death does a copy even exist?

Pretty much every show from the 1980 tour open with Train kept a rollin.

My personal favorite is tour over europe 80 zurich it is a boot and we cant talk about them here.

Zeppelin played Train Kept A' Rollin regularly in their set from the band's inception in '68 as The New Yardbirds until the summer of '69 tour. One of the best versions is the Dallas International Pop Festival from 8/31/69. I believe that was the last time they played it until opening every show of the Tour Over Europe in 1980 with it.

There are no known recordings from when the band was calling itself The (New) Yardbirds (August 1968-October 1968). The earliest known recording is from the 12/30/68 concert in Spokane, Washington.

Most concert bootlegs through mid-1969 feature a version of the song. The closest thing you'll find to an "official" version is right here:

The Gonzaga recording is definitely worth listening to. A blistering 'The train kept a rollin'. Also worth listen out for at the end of 'I can't quit you' when after polite hand clapping Robert says 'Thank you very much. Good evening from Led Zeppelin.' Who was to know then the impact they would have on the World.

Gonzaga is really good quality for being almost 40 years old. I doubt there's any recordings from 1968 unless it's in Jimmy's vault.

As far as Train they may have done some versions in medley's. I seem to remember at least one in one of their medleys but I'm not even sure if it was a full version. I would have to look through all my boots to find an exact date if they did play it. And I'm too lazy.

But yeah Zepp played Train in 68 and till about mid 69 and dropped it when they started playing Zepp 2 material I guess. They also played As Long as I Have You in the early days. That's probably my favorite Zepp song that was never released on an album.

Itr may have been mislabelled (certainly happened before), but I had a cassette boot I got back in the 80's which said it was "The New Yardbirds Live at the Marquee in London, '68". Not sure if it was, but it was definitely Zeppelin in a small club with an overly polite audience and the muddiest sound I've ever heard. No "Train Kept A-Rollin'" included, though.....has anyone else run across this show?

Itr may have been mislabelled (certainly happened before), but I had a cassette boot I got back in the 80's which said it was "The New Yardbirds Live at the Marquee in London, '68". Not sure if it was, but it was definitely Zeppelin in a small club with an overly polite audience and the muddiest sound I've ever heard. No "Train Kept A-Rollin'" included, though.....has anyone else run across this show?

That's just one of the San Fran gigs(4-27) packaged differently

Archived