The Man Thread

Dzldoc

Actually, putting it back into water with an open wound in the mouth might not be exactly a merciful solution

South Dakota is a pretty big Hunting/Fishing state, and they always preach about catch and release up here. If you're not gonna eat it for whatever reason, whether it's too small, or the wrong kind, or whatnot, you should throw it back. There aren't really any big, predatorial fish in these parts.

I once caught a Northern Pike with a gummy worm. At least, I think that's what my friend said it was. I didn't really want to catch anything, and I didn't really want to touch a worm, so I thought, well, if I put a candy on the hook I won't catch anything. But I did. But I felt bad, so I put it back in the water.

I've never caught anything in my life. If I did, I would have put it back, but I would like to catch something someday.

Anyway, I'm not a guy, but I'm not the most feminine of girls, so if I show up and start talking about something, don't be too suprised. :rolleyes:

South Dakota is a pretty big Hunting/Fishing state, and they always preach about catch and release up here. If you're not gonna eat it for whatever reason, whether it's too small, or the wrong kind, or whatnot, you should throw it back. There aren't really any big, predatorial fish in these parts.

yeah but what I refer to is the fact that it has an open wound in the mouth which is kinda likely to catch some sorta infection that could be lethal to the fish anyway, and more painful than a quick end by blunt force.

yeah but what I refer to is the fact that it has an open wound in the mouth which is kinda likely to catch some sorta infection that could be lethal to the fish anyway, and more painful than a quick end by blunt force.

Get the hell out :hysterical:

I've never caught anything in my life. If I did, I would have put it back, but I would like to catch something someday.

Anyway, I'm not a guy, but I'm not the most feminine of girls, so if I show up and start talking about something, don't be too suprised. :rolleyes:

The Ladies are always welcome :wave:

ps: like the avitar :thumbsup:

I've been a member of these locals currently an Auto/Truck-Tech

image002.jpg

16APatch8in1x1.jpg

logo.gif

546935E.jpg

Atleast you stayed union. What kind of pipefitting did you do. When i first got in, i did Refrigeration ( mostly Copper with some screw). Our union was pushing the welding, so they withdrew me from the contactrator after two years to get more welding exp. I went to a Heating/Cooling company supposely to get more welds in. They were slow on the Pipefitter side, so i helped the SprinkerFitters for the next 6 months, then they found out I had a dergree in electronics so they made me a service tech. (we are Pipefitters and Service Techs) I got dumped the day before i got my card and got hired to weld at one of the Refineries. I did one weld and passed the X-ray, next day they found out i was good with computer's and stuck me in the office. I busted my ass to get 7 welding certs and now i sit in a office all day doing paperwork.

As you wish. Back by popular demand

women.jpg

gals16.jpg

gals14.jpg

gals6.jpg

gals9.jpg

Lord have mercy. Ill get in trouble for this Im sure, but who is that blonde doll with the leopard stuffed animal and sitting-just above the pooch?? she is a knockout. I know, its probably your girlfriend>? What carnival was this? Ill be at the next one! Hot hot hot!

Atleast you stayed union. What kind of pipefitting did you do. When i first got in, i did Refrigeration ( mostly Copper with some screw). Our union was pushing the welding, so they withdrew me from the contactrator after two years to get more welding exp. I went to a Heating/Cooling company supposely to get more welds in. They were slow on the Pipefitter side, so i helped the SprinkerFitters for the next 6 months, then they found out I had a dergree in electronics so they made me a service tech. (we are Pipefitters and Service Techs) I got dumped the day before i got my card and got hired to weld at one of the Refineries. I did one weld and passed the X-ray, next day they found out i was good with computer's and stuck me in the office. I busted my ass to get 7 welding certs and now i sit in a office all day doing paperwork.

I worked Refineries ( turn arounds ) offshore and some ship yards on jack-ups.

I'll see if I can find some old pics and post them.

It's probably best you got away from the welding, it'll burn your eyes out over time.

Lord have mercy. Ill get in trouble for this Im sure, but who is that blonde doll with the leopard stuffed animal and sitting-just above the pooch?? she is a knockout. I know, its probably your girlfriend>? What carnival was this? Ill be at the next one! Hot hot hot!

:angry: That's my sister Man! :lol: Just kiddin' She was just a nice lady that was sitting next to us. This was last years Jazz Fest. I'll be going to see Plant/Krauss this year. I know you don't care for this line up but I'm possitive you could find some alternative entertainment here "hint hint" you can find this years music line up here

http://www.nojazzfest.com/index.php?http%3...f_pr_012408.php

Here's a little Lagniappe ( something extra )

Panty.jpg

haha ok..actually here in west texas we call em crawdads but I didn't think anyone would understand what I was talking about

We call them crawdads too. We get them here, but they're much less common and they're also quite a bit smaller. I've never eaten one or seen anyone eat one though.

I'm not exactly a girly girl either when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I like campin', fishin', and reparin' the house. LOL

I've broken more drill bits and have painted more walls than "the man of the house..."

I also do all the hard yard work around here--mowing and digging...not to mention plantin' and the rototillin'.... LOL

Did I mention that I like to play in the dirt and get dirty?

We call them crawdads too. We get them here, but they're much less common and they're also quite a bit smaller. I've never eaten one or seen anyone eat one though.

I'm not exactly a girly girl either when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I like campin', fishin', and reparin' the house. LOL

I've broken more drill bits and have painted more walls than "the man of the house..."

I also do all the hard yard work around here--mowing and digging...not to mention plantin' and the rototillin'.... LOL

Did I mention that I like to play in the dirt and get dirty?

Got a boat and a truck? your boy friend is in trouble if he keeps procrastinating :lol:

Who you guys were slept in the tent when temperature is outside -38°C (-36,4 Fahrenheit, 235.15 Kelvin)?

I was in the military refresher back in 1987 (I think it was that year) it was February and it was coldest night in a century that area.

I can say it ´s freezin´, you really couldn´t slept in that tent at all, even though we had all the gear what army can offer and a fire heater middle of the tent. At least our feet stayed warm against the heater, but the head no, hooded fur cap froze against the tent fabric.

And after a very "well" slept night we had a breakfast. It´s frozen almost immediately to the army lunch box. Iced porridge licked from a spoon, and an "ice hot" tea. But we all survive, even though some of the trucks, tanks and jeeps didn ´t. They´re froze.

Got a boat and a truck? your boy friend is in trouble if he keeps procrastinating :lol:

We have TWO redneck trucks! :lol: I told the boyfriend to stop buying junker automobiles because we DON'T live in the hills of Arkansas! ROFL

No boat though. I'm working on that. I've thought about buying one once I'm out of school.

I've never camped when it's been much below freezing. I'd bitch and moan about being too cold. I'm always cold.

Who you guys were slept in the tent when temperature is outside -38°C (-36,4 Fahrenheit, 235.15 Kelvin)?

I was in the military refresher back in 1987 (I think it was that year) it was February and it was coldest night in a century that area.

I can say it ´s freezin´, you really couldn´t slept in that tent at all, even though we had all the gear what army can offer and a fire heater middle of the tent. At least our feet stayed warm against the heater, but the head no, hooded fur cap froze against the tent fabric.

And after a very "well" slept night we had a breakfast. It´s frozen almost immediately to the army lunch box. Iced porridge licked from a spoon, and an "ice hot" tea. But we all survive, even though some of the trucks, tanks and jeeps didn ´t. They´re froze.

Last time we had any snow was 12/25/2004 White Christmas New Orleans style :lol:

12-25-04_1415.jpg

We all know what happened in 05 Hope it never snows again :o

I worked Refineries ( turn arounds ) offshore and some ship yards on jack-ups.

I'll see if I can find some old pics and post them.

It's probably best you got away from the welding, it'll burn your eyes out over time.

Turnarounds are Money. Yeah the problem i original had with welding was becaue of my eye sight. I had glasses all my life and i always got bad glare while welding. I switched to contacts and had a really bad Welders flash. I was out for 2 weeks and i could't see for two days. I like welding, but i kinda of do it by repetition. If i ever had to make a bad postion weld, i ll be fucked. I always liked the fitter side of the job.

Wow,,,,,love the sight above!!! :) :)

Sorry for your loss :( My dad is still here but I keep a suit pressed :unsure:

Thank you. I know what you mean. After years working at the refineries in Aden, my dad was employed as a skilled pipe-fitter at AI&S Steelworks, Australia. When I was 9, he had a near fatal accident at work....a fork-lift backed into him while manouvreing.....he did 7 - 9 months in hospitals all around Australia and 54 operations later (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO joke.....54!!!!!), he got back in the saddle again (thanx to the highly specialized doctors in Sydney). BUT, 9 months in hospital is no joke....later on he got sick with pneumonia and that eventually took him to his death-bed.

Archived