The Man Thread

Dzldoc

Turnarounds are Money. Yeah the problem i original had with welding was becaue of my eye sight. I had glasses all my life and i always got bad glare while welding. I switched to contacts and had a really bad Welders flash. I was out for 2 weeks and i could't see for two days. I like welding, but i kinda of do it by repetition. If i ever had to make a bad postion weld, i ll be fucked. I always liked the fitter side of the job.

Had the flash once or twice. They told us not to wear contacts at all, they can fuse to the iris and possibly peel off when removing the lenses :o

Thank you. I know what you mean. After years working at the refineries in Aden, my dad was employed as a skilled pipe-fitter at AI&S Steelworks, Australia. When I was 9, he had a near fatal accident at work....a fork-lift backed into him while manouvreing.....he did 7 - 9 months in hospitals all around Australia and 54 operations later (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO joke.....54!!!!!), he got back in the saddle again (thanx to the highly specialized doctors in Sydney). BUT, 9 months in hospital is no joke....later on he got sick with pneumonia and that eventually took him to his death-bed.

Yes nothing like a good surgeon. I had a colon tumor and it was caught at stage one back in may of 05 out for 8 weeks. So far so good.

51AUh8mrS3L._AA240_.jpg

:)

I agree, quiche,soy, toffu or any of that green leafy stuff you can hardly pronounce.

That's not food, that's what food eats! :lol: I did have to cut back on the fatty stuff a little bit though you know, the stuff that taste good! :(

How in the hell did I miss THIS thread?? :blink:

I live to fish and camp out. I fished for gar and bass in Florida, pike and muskies in Minnesota..and of course, since I've lived most of my life near the Sierras and Cascades I love to fish for trout. That's the best of all. :D

THIS is my camping and fishing rig:

stevewright67wag.jpg

40 years old and still going strong. B)

How in the hell did I miss THIS thread?? :blink:

I live to fish and camp out. I fished for gar and bass in Florida, pike and muskies in Minnesota..and of course, since I've lived most of my life near the Sierras and Cascades I love to fish for trout. That's the best of all. :D

stevewright67wag.jpg

Grand wagoneer?

Complimentary Candy v

vdoo2.jpg

stevewright67wag.jpg

Nice, Very nice. I know thats a nice rig, but i just can't help what that would look like with 4in lift, 35in tires. with those basic steel rims they have on the nascars with beed locks in Chrome or plain white. I know it's like taking a 58 Les Paul, repainting it, with active electronics. but i made the mistake of selling my 99 jeep Cherokee that was set up the same way.

Grand wagoneer?

Not exactly. The Grand Wagoneer came out in 1984 when Jeep started producing the smaller Cherokee/Wagoneer lineup. This is the original Wagoneer model, 1967 to be exact. My dad bought it new, and sold it to me 4 years ago. It's in beautiful condition, and gets really good mileage considering.

327 V-8, three speed manual and no bullshit. Lean and mean. B)

Nice, Very nice. I know thats a nice rig, but i just can't help what that would look like with 4in lift, 35in tires. with those basic steel rims they have on the nascars with beed locks in Chrome or plain white. I know it's like taking a 58 Les Paul, repainting it, with active electronics. but i made the mistake of selling my 99 jeep Cherokee that was set up the same way.

I'm sure it would look good lifted with big rubber, but I'm keeping it stock all the way. Why screw with perfection? ;)

Besides, I have a 1992 Cherokee I can fuck around with. Good little rig, but nothing unique.

Not exactly. The Grand Wagoneer came out in 1984 when Jeep started producing the smaller Cherokee/Wagoneer lineup. This is the original Wagoneer model, 1967 to be exact. My dad bought it new, and sold it to me 4 years ago. It's in beautiful condition, and gets really good mileage considering.

327 V-8, three speed manual and no bullshit. Lean and mean. B)

They don't make'm like that any more

A complimentary candy and a Beer for you Bro v :D

vdoo6.jpg

coldbeer.jpg

Not professionally. But I do all my own house painting and repairs. Saves me a lot of money AND grief!

My dad wants to start his own painting business. He paints right now as a hobby, and I've helped him with it a few times. It's messy work, but oddly enjoyable. :lol:

My dad wants to start his own painting business. He paints right now as a hobby, and I've helped him with it a few times. It's messy work, but oddly enjoyable. :lol:

My grandfather on my dad's side of the family was a professional painter and carpenter. I was lucky enough to have those skills handed down through the family.

Painting the outside of the house sucks, and I HATE tall ladders. But I suck it up and do it anyway. Interior painting isn't bad at all. Turn on the tunes, have a few cold beers handy and have a nice BBQ afterwards. If you make it fun, the time goes by real quick.

My grandfather on my dad's side of the family was a professional painter and carpenter. I was lucky enough to have those skills handed down through the family.

Painting the outside of the house sucks, and I HATE tall ladders. But I suck it up and do it anyway. Interior painting isn't bad at all. Turn on the tunes, have a few cold beers handy and have a nice BBQ afterwards. If you make it fun, the time goes by real quick.

I don't like to do exteriors either. I usually don't, but Dad pays pretty well so sometimes I do. I never get on the tall ladders, though. That's his thing. On the exteriors, I mostly just tape off windows and paint trim. Inside I do that, but I'll paint what I can reach without standing on a ladder as well, or do detail work.

I don't like to do exteriors either. I usually don't, but Dad pays pretty well so sometimes I do. I never get on the tall ladders, though. That's his thing. On the exteriors, I mostly just tape off windows and paint trim. Inside I do that, but I'll paint what I can reach without standing on a ladder as well, or do detail work.

Sounds like all the stuff I used to do as a kid, until I got taller than my father. Then I was screwed. :lol:

Sounds like all the stuff I used to do as a kid, until I got taller than my father. Then I was screwed. :lol:

:lol:

Well, those are some of the advantages of being a 20 year old female who won't get any taller, then: I can get away with it. I will never be taller than him, so even if I didn't play the "I'm a girl" card, he still wouldn't have any excuse to make me do all the hard work. :lol:

Not that doing the stuff I do isn't hard. It might not be as hard as painting a vaulted ceiling, but it takes FOREVER can can really cramp up your neck and shoulders.

:lol:

Well, those are some of the advantages of being a 20 year old female who won't get any taller, then: I can get away with it. I will never be taller than him, so even if I didn't play the "I'm a girl" card, he still wouldn't have any excuse to make me do all the hard work. :lol:

Not that doing the stuff I do isn't hard. It might not be as hard as painting a vaulted ceiling, but it takes FOREVER can can really cramp up your neck and shoulders.

Hey, it's all work and all important. Doesn't matter who's up on the ladder or on the nice, SAFE floor. It all helps. :)

Since I was about 8 I always had to help my dad do the painting. You might say I'm pretty good at it by now. :lol:

Have you guys noticed that it's a drag cooking in the kitchen, but fun to cook a juicy steak over an open flame outdoors? My favorite is Sirloin or Filet Mignon with a bacon strip attatched with a toothpick. You use some A-1 with some seasoned salt as a marinade, toss it on the grill and just let that goodness cook and sizzle. Maybe throw some mushrooms sauted in butter on top of it before you wolf it down. Just for the hell of it you can light up a stogie while you cook 'em. Rinse that red meat down with a couple of bottled beers on ice. Eat the salad for dessert. Get someone else to make the salad. It's gonna be 30 degrees farenheit here tommorow. Time to bust out the grill!!

Archived