Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Achillesfirststand

Favorite song to play

This is for all the music players out here. What is your favorite song to jam on? Either alone or with your band. What is your instrument? Any particular reason for the favoriteness?? My particular favorite is: Alone--Ten years Gone, With Band---WLL. Reason? TYG sounds great alone, WLL sounds great with a band. Also, they cover any drunken mistakes I may make!! Not that I make any mistakes..... :wub:

how many more times. it's a cool riff, the song has different sections and textures and room

to improvise along with it . (guitar)

when im driving i just love listenin to whole lotta love all the way up and sing robert plants moans and do the air guitar to jimmy page.....actually hit a deer while doing it once...one for the memories

Lemon song on my bass. Every time i try out a new bass i play that song. but first I play the tunning song. it goes like this.

G----------------------------0-0-0-0-0-

D-------------------0-0-0-0------------

A----------0-0-0-0---------------------

E-0-0-0-0------------------------------

This is for all the music players out here. What is your favorite song to jam on? Either alone or with your band. What is your instrument? Any particular reason for the favoriteness?? My particular favorite is: Alone--Ten years Gone, With Band---WLL. Reason? TYG sounds great alone, WLL sounds great with a band. Also, they cover any drunken mistakes I may make!! Not that I make any mistakes..... :wub:

hey i think you forgot to put on what instrument you were playing with :rolleyes:

with band we always play intro of moby dick for sound checks coz it's cool you know... B) (btw i play bass) :)

This which instrument business is tricky. Some songs are far better on the air guitar and some songs are far better on the actual guitar. Of course if I play the air guitar I have to try to wail like Robert, so this works well on The Immigrant Song and You Shook Me. (On You Shook Me, I don't think anyone can really help singing along with the guitar at the end, too. Even Robert couldn't help himself! Oh, that Jimmy Page...)

I love playing Tangerine on the actual guitar, just because. Custard Pie is fun, too.

I haven't really gotten very good at the actual song, but I like experimenting around Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp on acoustic. I also like to play For Your Life, but I don't have the proper guitar to play it (Epiphone Les Paul Classic without the whammy).

I like to jam to "That's the Way", "The Ocean", "Stairway to Heaven", "Babe I'm gonna leave you" and Rock and Roll. I'm working on "The Rain Song". Haven't gotten that one yet.

Y'know that ol' Jazz song Mack The Knife?Me and my friend Rosa jam that out under the name Mack The Fork all the time,we introduce it like this,"Alright,we're gonna play a song here,but we're not gonna tell you the actual name cause if we did we'd have to pay people money,so here it is,Mack The Fork!" and she does keyboard i play guitar,we both switch vocals around and it's just a crazy jam.I also love blasting out Communication Breakdown.

20-plus years ago I did okay on Misty Mountain Hop and When the Levee Breaks, on my drumset. Don't have one anymore, though.

Well take into account I'm less than a year into my playing so I don't really play anything all the way through all that well just yet..

But my flavor of the week is Over the Hills and Far Away (Solo) and I've been trying some The Ocean with some friends.. I'm playing Guitar... Reason? I'm infatuated with hammers and pulls at the moment.. and Yes I'm in the Obligatory "STAIRWAY" Stage LOL

Both are kewl for where I am musically at the moment.

Edited by Buddhak0n

On Keyboards/Piano I enjoy playing No Quarter, Trampled Underfoot, Misty Mountain Hop, Stairway to Heaven, Moby Dick, Carouselambra, and especially KASHMIR.

well I'm a bassist and the first two things I seem to play when I pick up the bass are The Crunge and The Ocean.

Alone: How Many More Times

With A Band: Stairway To Heaven

I use a red Stratocaster soon I'm getting a sunburst Epiphone Les Paul

Edited by pinky

Bron Y Aur, Good times Bad Times, Communication Breakdown and Black Dog !! o h and I like the solo I do in rock'n Roll !!

What about Stairway? Stairway!

Ah yes,the almighty Stairway,well i play it on my own,but not in a band,covering it is a crime,there's never been a good one.

favorite song to play- The ocean

favorite solo to play- rock and roll

favorite song to improvise on- Stairway to heaven

instrument....

guitar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by zepguitarjimy

Playing solo I enjoy playing Over the Hills and Far Away. With a band I like to jam to Bring it on Home. The sheer energy when played live is great. It works best with a Rhythm and lead guitarist.