Longest show?

Wolfman

Isn't one of the Seattle 75 shows superlong too

The 2nd Seattle show is pretty long. I don't think it's the longest though.

The last Earls Court show with the encores of Heartbreaker and Communication Breakdown probably push it ahead as the longest show. Also the second Los Angeles show on the 1977 tour could be a contender. With the extra long version of No Quarter and Over the Hills and Far Away thrown in after Moby Dick.

• 3 weeks later...
Knebsworth Festival 78 was by far the longest concert I had ever seen them play close to 5 hours if my meory serves me right

Didn't know they played Knebsworth in 1978 but there you go. Another of the secret gigs to go along with the string of dates in 1976.

I do know that the next year at Knebworth 79, the shows weren't anywhere near 5 hours. Maybe with support acts it was 5+ hours

not including the infamous Boston Tea Party one....anyone know the date...thanks!!!

well i know my dad went to the shortest show in florida when the show was cancelled over something terribly sad i dont liek to talk about it

The Knebworth shows were about 2.5 maybe 3 hrs.

A friend of mine was there and he said 4.5 hours but in between encores was a bit of a wait. So from the lights going down to the lights going up, he said 4.5, nothing but Zep

A friend of mine was there and he said 4.5 hours but in between encores was a bit of a wait. So from the lights going down to the lights going up, he said 4.5, nothing but Zep

Those were all recorded in their entirety and professionally filmed. I think the first one(8-4) was 3 hours.

The longest Zeppelin show was probably in 77. Maybe one of the LA shows. I think the 26th is the longest bootleg out there at like 3:45 minutes or so.

I have the 8-11 Knebworth show on VHS and bought that tape years ago, and it runs well over 4 hours from start to stop. Mind you, the camera panning the audience at the end goes on forever, so maybe the film was spliced to add more audience to make it longer I don't know.

But it is on LP and that has a running time of 5h20m. The end of the concert has less than a 1/4 of an inch tape. On my copy anyways, if it were 3 hours, I'd have a little less than an inch of tape left.

But I wasn't there, I only have a video with lots of audience content at the end of it.

I have the 8-11 Knebworth show on VHS and bought that tape years ago, and it runs well over 4 hours from start to stop. Mind you, the camera panning the audience at the end goes on forever, so maybe the film was spliced to add more audience to make it longer I don't know.

But it is on LP and that has a running time of 5h20m. The end of the concert has less than a 1/4 of an inch tape. On my copy anyways, if it were 3 hours, I'd have a little less than an inch of tape left.

But I wasn't there, I only have a video with lots of audience content at the end of it.

I have Knebworth 8-11 on DVD and I have a bootleg it runs 2:39 minutes from start to finish. 8-4 May have been 3:00 although I'm not sure about that.

I think the longest recorded shows are either in LA of 77 or Earls Court 75. Most of those are 3.5 hours or longer.

Didn't know they played Knebsworth in 1978 but there you go. Another of the secret gigs to go along with the string of dates in 1976.

I do know that the next year at Knebworth 79, the shows weren't anywhere near 5 hours. Maybe with support acts it was 5+ hours

You are soo right its 79 soo long ago:(

I got this from another board

Earls Court 5-25 is the longest recorded show at 3:45 minutes

Jones claims that Boston Tea Party went for 4 hours and 15 or 4 and a half hours depending on the interview. That would probably be the longest.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the last night of Earls Court - the show actually started a few minutes early before 8pm and they finally left the stage at 11.45

I went to the Knebworth shows and they were definitely shorter. There was no acoustic set and no Moby Dick. Just over 3 hours. Still long by todays standards.

Archived