Alter Bridge

Peep Solero

I found them back in 2004 with their first album "One Day Remains" , A guy in my local record shop suggested I'd give 'em a go.

I have to say I'm quite found of them, the new one from last year "Black

Bird" is turning out to be very good as well.

1117237~Alter-Bridge-Posters.jpg

Anybody agree? Disagree?

Judging from their photo, they look like the Nickelback. Thanx for the heads up! :)

Great band. Their debut is still my favorite, just an absolutely flawless album. It took me a while to like some of the songs from Blackbird and there are still a couple I don't like, but it's a good album.

And dragster, they're nothing like Nickelback. Or Creed, which the band minus the singer were all in before Alter Bridge. But I'd say that's a very very good thing.

Great band. Their debut is still my favorite, just an absolutely flawless album. It took me a while to like some of the songs from Blackbird and there are still a couple I don't like, but it's a good album.

And dragster, they're nothing like Nickelback. Or Creed, which the band minus the singer were all in before Alter Bridge. But I'd say that's a very very good thing.

Oooooops, must've slipped away into UNsoberland then :) :)

Myles is THE best singer in rock music today. I was a Creed hater from the get go. AB is a whole 'nother thing. Mark Tremonti is a consummate professional. Their shows are killer. I've seen them twice, met them once. Very down to earth guys. Myles is adding a blues influence and loosening Tremonti up compositionally to wonderful effect. The rhythm sections is also tight as hell. These guys deserve to be seen in an arena 'cause the music is JUST THAT BIG, but sadly the music biz being what it has become, will keep them in the clubs. I highly recommend them live. They're gonna do some more dates in the US in the spring I believe.

• 4 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Alter Bridge III out soon.

Track 14

I think this song has incredible legs. It will be a song that you will GET over and over again. There is a LOT going on sonically all over. It's in the vein of MF4's Overflow (one of the most powerful tracks in their catalog)

First off the chimey interplay between the two guitars is sets a wonderful texture on which to lay Myles "Journey-ish" open vocals. Nice atmosphere. Very vulnerable. The questioning man.

Marks Vocals sound powerful and sure. Gonna have to read the lyrics, but the roles are clear.

The build at the last chorus has that foundation shaking drop D that is such a staple of early KingsX and the like. It massages my spine magnificently! The progression almost sounds like "She's So Heavy" Beatles.

The last minute is pure Mayfield 4 on steroids. Myles doing is uber-Buckley scat-riffage competing with that high end fluttering guitar over the undulating bass rythm. He's like NOBODY in the business right now! I've got chills.

The mix is a bit low on the vocals but after repeated listens on the big Klipsches the parts are easier to hear distinctively. Separation could be better. Hoping that the purchased format will shine.

Journey/Creed/Beatles/MF4 at their best. I'm SOOOO looking forward to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WV8rQIJ1c0E

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well Moffo.... What did ya think?

Very good! Particularly liked the acoustic part. Myles is a good front man with a unique voice. I don't think he would be a replacement for RP as was rumoured but overall a good show!! The only downside was some fat bird spilling a full pint of beer over my girlfriend coat,jeans and Timberlands without apologising!! Anyone know how to get the stains out??? lol

Hawthorne, that's not too faraway from Bergenfield is it? I lived in NJ for a while, loved it there which may surprise the Americans on here as I know most Americans slate it...

Edited by moffo

Yep Hawthorne is only a few miles from Bergenfield. What brought you to the States? How long did you live here? You liked Jersey???!!?? Cool.

Sorry to hear about the beer disaster. Concert liability.

Goin' to see AB before the year end. A lot of tip toed, standing shoulder to shoulder, craning my old neck to see the band. It sounded like a very powerful show from the vid's I've seen on youtube.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...