Page Autobiography...Will it happen?

Cat

From 4 or 5 years ago -

Source:

This Is London http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/articl...54101?source=PA

Page, 60, said he was planning an autobiography chronicling the group's years of rock'n'roll excess. "There are a lot of stories to be told about what went on and insights to give into things that people don't really know about," he said. "So there's a good book to be written and I'm thinking about writing it."

Has anyone heard any more about this?

If you compile all of his interviews you almost get a full autobiography, especially the recent ones where he is even more candid and reflective.

I would like him to come clean about his drug use, though. Of all the classic rock stars, he has been the most private when it comes to talking about that.

If you compile all of his interviews you almost get a full autobiography, especially the recent ones where he is even more candid and reflective.

I would like him to come clean about his drug use, though. Of all the classic rock stars, he has been the most private when it comes to talking about that.

How do you mean come clean about it? Can you be more specific about what you

believe should be said. It's not as if it was denied.

He's never been terribly candid about how it affected him. He's said things to the effect of "it didn't affect my playing" or "I pulled it together when I needed to". But it clearly affected his playing from '77 on, and diminished his contributions on ITTOD. It'd be interesting to get his take on that, rather than glossing over it as no big deal.

He's never been terribly candid about how it affected him. He's said things to the effect of "it didn't affect my playing" or "I pulled it together when I needed to". But it clearly affected his playing from '77 on, and diminished his contributions on ITTOD. It'd be interesting to get his take on that, rather than glossing over it as no big deal.

I hear what your saying. I could post something here but I don't want it taken out of

context or overexamined. Suffice to say if the one who suffered most from the abuse

honestly believes they still delivered when it mattered there's nothing else to be said.

When he says he "pulled it together when he needed to", he's being as candid as his

ego, vanity, heart and mind will allow.

I hope he does write a book someday :) and SAJ you need to lighten up a bit and not be so aggressive with your replies, I mean let people say what they feel without you demanding evidence etc...take a chill pill and enjoy or things Zep...you will be much happier !!

SAJ you need to lighten up a bit and not be so aggressive with your replies, I mean let people say what they feel without you demanding evidence etc...take a chill pill and enjoy or things Zep...you will be much happier !!

I appreciate you may be here primarily for social purposes. I'm not. I couldn't care less

how much someone paid/didn't pay for their drink at the 02 in a room with 700 "VIPs".

There are a lot of topics I couldn't care less about and there's more than enough pots calling kettles black. I'm finding the ignore and block PM functions to be invaluable and that's as lightened up as I'm going to get. I do enjoy your posts, always have.

If Page writes an autobiography, those looking for personal insights into certain contentious issues might well find themselves disappointed.

Potentially it's a 'careful what you wish for' scenario, not only because of the (possible) omissions and their repercussions, but because the facts behind some of the inclusions might not be what some readers want to hear either - readers heavily invested in the mystique, for example.

I mentioned to one of my friends here recently that Jimmy was perhaps the last person I could see blubbing on Oprah about his "drug hell." I sort of admire his choice to remain stum in an era where every last zeleb seems to be milking their addictions in return for extra column inches.

If Page writes an autobiography, those looking for personal insights into certain contentious issues might well find themselves disappointed.

Spot on. Doubt he's losing sleep over the effect they may have had on a guitar solo

in Los Angeles 30 years ago. He's too busy enjoying Los Angeles now, in the moment. It's a touchy subject he shouldn't have to talk about if he doesn't want to.

He thinks about a lot of things but the demands of raising a family remain a priority.

Some have argued he doesn't need the aggravation involved. I can relate to that.

Huh? Do you feel pressed to write an autobiography?

Huh? Do you feel pressed to write an autobiography?

I can relate to the aggravation involved with taking on projects of this nature. Every

two-bit cheap shot artist with a modem and a connection will pick his book apart.

The anti-Page camp is actually quite large, as you can imagine. Or not.

I can relate to the aggravation involved with taking on projects of this nature. Every

two-bit cheap shot artist with a modem and a connection will pick his book apart.

The anti-Page camp is actually quite large, as you can imagine. Or not.

substance abuse is a highly subjective issue. let's all be happy that page survived. many did not.

as far as a book is concerned, a comparable book may be the "ghost written" "many years from now" about paul mccartney. paulie took the easy way out, let one of his old buddies write the tome using the "voice over" style to let mccartney pipe in on tons of junk. it was not attractive (in my opinion). the beatles anthology book is, however, a decent read and package. i would personally prefer this option rather than page writing the zep story himself.

steve, "i didn't start the thread, this is page 2"......priceless.

I appreciate you may be here primarily for social purposes. I'm not. I couldn't care less

how much someone paid/didn't pay for their drink at the 02 in a room with 700 "VIPs".

There are a lot of topics I couldn't care less about and there's more than enough pots calling kettles black. I'm finding the ignore and block PM functions to be invaluable and that's as lightened up as I'm going to get. I do enjoy your posts, always have.

Steve I thoroughly enjoy all of your posts. You are so full of knowledge when it comes to Zep!

And I totally agree that we should all be thankful that Pagey made it through the heavy drug use & did not become another statistic.

I wonder if it wasn't more booze than dope that affected his playing. Of course he just plain old didn't play as much in latter years which affects your ability to pull it off live......

I don't think so. Page was already well whiskey soaked in the early 70s. I have friends who smelled it on him up close (an understatement, but I'll leave it at that). Nah, it was the dope that took its toll. Though it should be mentioned that no one I know ever saw him with a needle. Let's just say his septum deviated regularly. :beer:

Archived