Robert Plant

Levee

Dansette Damage - NME / The Only Sound 7inch

Dansette Damage - NME / The Only Sound (Shoestring) 1978. This one surfaced a year ago on the always great Worthless Trash blog but as is the practice over there, they only posted the A side NME, which is a loving ode to the music rag of the same name. According to Worthless Trash, Robert Plant produced this under a pseudonym? If so, he was smart not to quit his day job. The mic on this is pretty hot. Not that this is bad necessarily, but I have a hard time believing the composer of Bron-Yr-Aur meant to distort the vocals. Its kinda like finding out that Geddy Lee produced a Viletones record or something. The B-Side on this is actually better. Not that this 45 is anything groundbreaking. Just a solid punk 45 from the Birmingham area. I do wonder what all these dudes actually did in this band. I mean there’s seven of em!

Dansette Damage - NME / The Only Sound (Shoestring) 1978. This one surfaced a year ago on the always great Worthless Trash blog but as is the practice over there, they only posted the A side NME, which is a loving ode to the music rag of the same name. According to Worthless Trash, Robert Plant produced this under a pseudonym? If so, he was smart not to quit his day job. The mic on this is pretty hot. Not that this is bad necessarily, but I have a hard time believing the composer of Bron-Yr-Aur meant to distort the vocals. Its kinda like finding out that Geddy Lee produced a Viletones record or something. The B-Side on this is actually better. Not that this 45 is anything groundbreaking. Just a solid punk 45 from the Birmingham area. I do wonder what all these dudes actually did in this band. I mean there’s seven of em!

Now thats what i am talking about info that i did not know .But is it fact? I honestly never read or heard this but i appreciate the info.Anyone else know anything about this? :D:D

Good find. I think I just found a new site to throw into my daily reading rotation.

• 8 years later...

Archived