2/11/08....Plant..."Is there an event that would make it logical.......Fine"

DanelectroGod

:wub: I'm with ya Robert! Very nicely said!

The 02 shined, that's enough. :D

Now....get yer butt over here....hmmm...think he is still here...dunno. But Robert should get a place close to Alison and Nashville. You know, a "home" base like the old days.

But I reallllly miss Strange Sensation. Clive & Justin...:wub:

:wub: I'm with ya Robert! Very nicely said!

The 02 shined, that's enough. :D

Now....get yer butt over here....hmmm...think he is still here...dunno. But Robert should get a place close to Alison and Nashville. You know, a "home" base like the old days.

But I reallllly miss Strange Sensation. Clive & Justin...:wub:

I do, too!! And the lovely Liam (Skin)!

Great interview, and yep, well said! A comely fellow he is indeed.

I think the only one who can present Robert with a convincing argument about this is Robert.

You nailed that one on the head.

As far as that interview goes:

I think Robert truely enjoys what he is doing with Krauss.

Robert has to do what makes him happy. I'm all for it.

What doesn't make sense is why, in the middle of his project with Krauss, did he do the big 02 gig with Zep?

Surely, he knew what the fallout of that would be, or at least SOME kind of idea?!?!

He's hidding behind little Allison now. lol

He said he doesn't want to follow the Stones. It's not the first time he has said that.

Shit, he is still performing, why NOT with Page and Co.?

Robert's such a weenie sometimes, I wanna bop him along side the head.

You nailed that one on the head.

As far as that interview goes:

I think Robert truely enjoys what he is doing with Krauss.

Robert has to do what makes him happy. I'm all for it.

What doesn't make sense is why, in the middle of his project with Krauss, did he do the big 02 gig with Zep?

Surely, he knew what the fallout of that would be, or at least SOME kind of idea?!?!

He's hidding behind little Allison now. lol

He said he doesn't want to follow the Stones. It's not the first time he has said that.

Shit, he is still performing, why NOT with Page and Co.?

Robert's such a weenie sometimes, I wanna bop him along side the head.

I agree that Robert should do what makes Robert happy and clearly, he's really enjoying his work with Alison. I'm glad - it's a great and ambitious project and I'm looking forward to seeing it live.

As far as doing the 02 show in the midst of all of this, I think it demonstrates how selfless Robert is and how much Ahmet meant to him as a friend and mentor. He did something he had pretty well dismissed wanting to do in the past right in the middle of the success and promotion of Raising Sand and having come off the accolades of another critically acclaimed album with Strange Sensation.

His comment about not wanting to follow the Stones I think answers why he doesn't want to tour as Zep.

I think it illustrates sadly that he doesn't plan on touring with Zeppelin, but may do the odd show. This is what I thought they would do(though I have heard from very high up sources that they plan on touring in 08).

I do wish he would stop knocking the Stones. I saw them for the first time last year and it was a terrific experience-one of the top concerts I have ever seen.

I realize that Robert is very self conscious of his age and losing his appearance and voice but I don't think it looks good on him to be transferring that to other people and slagging them.

You could make a case for either philosophy really; continuing on to new things is fine and keeping your loyalty and inspiration with the guys that made you great in the first place is admirable as well.

Robert will get his comeuppance if he keeps slagging the Stones one of these days....

I wouldn't mind seeing the remaining Zep members touring with Chris Robinson an vocals for the fun of it if Robert sees himself too far above all this nonsense.

I think it illustrates sadly that he doesn't plan on touring with Zeppelin, but may do the odd show. This is what I thought they would do(though I have heard from very high up sources that they plan on touring in 08).

I do wish he would stop knocking the Stones. I saw them for the first time last year and it was a terrific experience-one of the top concerts I have ever seen.

I realize that Robert is very self conscious of his age and losing his appearance and voice but I don't think it looks good on him to be transferring that to other people and slagging them.

You could make a case for either philosophy really; continuing on to new things is fine and keeping your loyalty and inspiration with the guys that made you great in the first place is admirable as well.

Robert will get his comeuppance if he keeps slagging the Stones one of these days....

I wouldn't mind seeing the remaining Zep members touring with Chris Robinson an vocals for the fun of it if Robert sees himself too far above all this nonsense.

I think what bothers him is the idea of playing the same-old same-old from the 70s. The Stones tour a lot-have they put out any new material though? This is an honest question, not a bash-I don't follow them so I don't know.

He may be conscious of his age and looking older, but there's no indication he's losing his voice or that he's bothered by it happening. I think it sounds better than it did back in the day, richer and smoother.

This is an excellent idea-just talking about it the other night with a Crows fan. It also crossed my mind that the guy from Tesla (I can't remember his name) might be able to pull it off, but most likely not. But Chris would be a fantastic choice.

The Stones don't have anything new for a few years but they played as many new tunes as Zeppelin ever did in the day. When I saw them they had a farily recent album with a couple good tunes that they played.....and with a catalogue like Zeppelin has, including some of their solo stuff which might work in nicely, you'd think they could enjoy themselves....

Sadly I think there's a loss to his vocal qualities with age, but of course I still enjoy his singing.

I think Robinson is perfect because he can hit the notes and he has a nice bluesy style to his singing while most other singers who can get up there have that hair band metal type sound which Robert never had; they all came after him.

When they were first talking about the O2 gig Robert said a quote like "There wouldn't be enough doctors if we did another Zeppelin gig" or something to that effect.

And he knew there was going to be a gig at that point according to what we've now learned. And his stuff about comparing Zeppelin to the Stones doesn't really fly because Paul McCartney, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Alice Cooper, among others are all similar ages to Led Zeppelin and they all still kick ass live.

He's just trying to stay focused on the near future and that's this deal with Alison.

Personally I don't think he is knocking the Stones. Perhaps he has a great admiration (or at least some respect) of them, and he knows his limits, therefore, he doesn't think he would enjoy getting older that way because he knows what a strain it puts on them. You know? Sounded better in my head... :wacko:

Archived