Blatant Lies

FuzzyMerkin

Bob Dylan - "I made shoes for everyone even you..."

No, Bob, you didn't. I can't speak for other people, but I never got any shoes from you. And I happen to like shoes...a lot! :'(

The Beatles - "The walrus was Paul"

Was he now? He looked like a puppy but...a walrus? Need new specs, do we?

Ufo - "I'm your back door man"

Hah - you wish!

Jefferson Starship - "We built this city on rock'n'roll"

No you didn't. It's simply. not. possible.

Jimi Hendrix - "Hurrah i awake from yesterday - alive..."

Errrrm..... :(

The Beatles (once more - just can't trust them, can you?) - "All you need is love"

Well that's all very fine if you're a friggin rich pop star. All I need, however, is a steady income to spend on such trivial things as food and rent and clothes.......and shoes....Go and ask Bob why that is... :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's more... :)

oh...goody a rent and bitch thread...just my cup 'o' tea.

Bryan Adams

"The only thing that looks good on me...is you"

Actually Bryan, no….nothing looks that good on you and the thought of you naked is even worse.

Britney Spears

"I'm still an exceptional earner

And you want a piece of me"

No, please no more pieces, no more nothing…and basically just so NO!

Nickelback

"If everyone cared and nobody cried

If everyone loved and nobody lied

If everyone shared and swallowed their pride

Then we'd see the day when nobody died"

Yeah…somehow if there was world peace….I think the grim reaper would still have a day job.

oh...goody a rent and bitch thread...just my cup 'o' tea.

It's because this board neeeeeds one of those. :D

Britney Spears

"I'm still an exceptional earner

And you want a piece of me"

No, please no more pieces, no more nothing…and basically just so NO!

Aaarghhh....the images...the visuals...the HORROR!!! :blink:

Buy The Magical Mystery Tour. You'll see what they are talking about.

It's a joke, Jethro. I doubt that any of the people quoted meant their lyrics to be taken literally. :

James Blunt - "I will always be in a club with you in 1973"

No, you won't. For starters I wouldn't be seen dead in club with you - not even in a hypothetical time warp kind of club.

Btw - I'm pretty sure that Roger Daltry wasn't able to see for miles...except maybe with a telescope... :unsure:

Bob Dylan - "I made shoes for everyone even you..."

No, Bob, you didn't. I can't speak for other people, but I never got any shoes from you. And I happen to like shoes...a lot! :'(

Ufo - "I'm your back door man"

Hah - you wish!

Jefferson Starship - "We built this city on rock'n'roll"

No you didn't. It's simply. not. possible.

Jimi Hendrix - "Hurrah i awake from yesterday - alive..."

Errrrm..... :(

The Beatles (once more - just can't trust them, can you?) - "All you need is love"

Well that's all very fine if you're a friggin rich pop star. All I need, however, is a steady income to spend on such trivial things as food and rent and clothes.......and shoes....Go and ask Bob why that is... :rolleyes:

I'm sure there's more... :)

Very cool topic!!! I bet we're gonna have good, sound fun with this one!!! :) :) :). Yeah, uncle Bob didn't make many things for me either, but he DID sing to my soul!! :)

How about the whole damn and MORONIC lyrics of a song that in my honest opinion is the WORST song in rock history: Wind Of Change............why?? I'm not talking about the pulling down of one oF humanity's horrors...the Berlin Wall.....a revolting sight to say the least, BUT the way the Scorpions tried to BRAINWASH the kids of that period....like saying: "here it is the wall has come down,,,,there will be peace and harmony for everyone,,,,,blah, blah, blah, blah.......................I can clearly see the shape of things the world has come to after that historical event.....NOW LET'S COME OFF IT.....who were the silly SCorpions trying to fool??? NOT ME!!! :) :) BEWARE OF AMBIGUOUS MESSAGES IN POLITICAL SONGS!!!

CHANGE? WHAT CHANGE????!

I follow the Moskva / down to Gorky Park

listening to the wind of change

An August-summernight, / soldiers passing by

listening to the wind of change.

The world is closing in, / did you ever think

that we could be so close, like it brothers?

The future’s in the air / I can feel it everywhere

blowing with the wind of change.

Take me to the magic of the moment on a glory night,where the children of tomorrow dream away

in the wind of change.

Walking down the street. / Distant memories

ate burried in the past forever.

I follow the Moskva / down to Gorky Park

listening to the wind of change

Take me to the magic of the moment on a glory night,where the children of tomorrow share their dreams

with you and me. / Take ma to the magic...

The wind of change

blows straight into the face of time,

like a stormwind that will ring the

freedom bell / for peace of mind.

Let your Balalaika sing

what my guitar wants to say

Take me to the magic...

Robert Plant HMMT : "Now I got ten children of my own!"

Or....?

:lol:

We might never know.... :D

"You say you'll give me a highway with no one on it, treasure just to look upon it, all the riches in the night"

Let's get this right, Bono - I said no such thing. Ever. Unless you got it in writing you better not try to base any claims on what I allegedly "said"...it'll only make you look like even more of a big-mouthed fool. B)

:lol: Aww, poor Paul, always having to put up with John's teasing...shame on you, John, shame! :P

Good thread. :D

In the time of Chimpanzees I was a monkey - Beck, "Loser"

From an anthropological standpoint, that doesn't make any sense. Chimpanzees never actually had a "time" where they were the rulers of the world or whatever. The australopiths and eventually the homo genus were much more successful.

Strawberry Fields Forever - the Beatles, "Strawberry Fields Forever"

Strawberries do rot, John.

They tried to make me go to rehab, I won't go, go, go - Amy Winehouse, "Rehab"

She tried not to, but they forced her into it eventually.

Fat bottom girls, they make the rocking world go round - Queen, "Fat Bottom Girls"

I know Brian wrote it, but Freddie was the one to say it. I'm sure you DID love those fat-bottomed girls, Freddie.

Don't cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me? - Pussycat Dolls, "Don't Cha"

You're not hot. So if I had a girlfriend, no, I wouldn't want her to look like you. Also, since your defination of the word "hot" probably equals "slut," double no.

You and I have memories, longer than the road that stretches out ahead - the Beatles, "Two of Us"

Paul wrote this one for Linda, apparently. However, they had only known each other for like a year or two at the point that song was written. Yep, those memories are definatly "longer than the road that stretches out ahead;" if they were only expecting their relationship to last half a year or something.

Jolene, I'm begging of you, please don't take my man - the White Stripes, "Jolene" (Dolly Parton cover)

You're dating a guy, Jack? What will Karen say when she hears? . . . His name isn't Brendan, is it?

I've got two heads, and two heads are better than one - Joni Mitchell, "Twisted"

You do? I hadn't noticed.

In and around the lake, mountains come out of the sky and they stand there - Yes, "Roundabout"

... What?

Btw - I'm pretty sure that Roger Daltry wasn't able to see for miles...except maybe with a telescope... :unsure:

:hysterical:

I seriously doubt Elton John was up in space thinking about his wife and kids (Rocket Man) :o

She packed my bags last night pre-flight

Zero hour nine a.m.

And i'm gonna be high as a kite by then

I miss the earth so much i miss my wife

It's lonely out in space

On such a timeless flight

I think Joe Walsh could've actually been telling the truth (Life's Been Good) :blink:

I have a mansion

Forget the price

Ain't never been there

They tell me it's nice

I live in hotels

Tear out the walls

I have accountants

Pay for it all

But I don't think Adam Levine actually shot anyone (Wake Up Call/Maroon 5) :unsure: :

Six foot tall

Came without a warning so I had to shoot him dead

He won't come around here anymore

Come around here? I don't think so.

Robert A. Plant. "Let me take you to the movies".- I'm still waiting

Steely Dan- "The call Alabama the crimson tide, call me Deacon Blues". It's not my fault you have a gay name Donald Fagen

Soulja Boy- "Haterz Wanna Be Me. Soulja Boy, I'm The Man"- No, i like to be White and educated and no, you are not a man you're a boy and not a Soulja either.

Archived