Total Lunar Eclipse the evening of Feb. 20th, 2008

The Rover

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/observing/home/15357796.html

Total Lunar Eclipse for the Night of Wednesday, February 20, 2008.

Full Moon Wed. Night.

Eclipse begins on Full Moon at 745pm CST.

Rover, thanks for sharing this. My husband loved the website you provided. Hope the eclipse was clear up where you are.

So I just watched the eclipse. I listened to No Quarter while watching. That was creepy. I could see my breath in the freezing air. When he goes "The dogs of doom howl and moan" my neighbor's dog started howling. It scared the crap out of me but it was totally worth it. One of my coolest Zep experiences.

We had No Quarter on too!!! :D

I love lunar eclipses. First we're watching the full moon reflect on the water and then, slowly, the entire sky is black from the full eclipse.

Clouds cleared here just in time !!

It's cold, crispy and clear !

And I just saw a satellite go by ! I'm looking thru my binoculars and there it went !! I wonder if it's the one they want to blow up ! :lol:

Moon is rusty colored....NICE !!! :thumbsup:

One of my favorite pass times while down in the Outer Banks every year is laying on the beach at nite and watching the skies for satellites and shooting stars. Not surprisingly, far from the bright city lights and towns, you can see a satellite pass overhead about once every minute or so.

Well, we had cloud cover for most of it. <_<

However the clouds did clear up ever so briefly when it was about 3/4 done. I did see the one a few years ago, so I don't feel too bad.

I watched the last one from High in the Colorado Rockies above 9,000 feet in the winter of '03 - '04. It was super clear and at that elevation the details are unbelievable.

And Joelmon, I remember when I lived in New Mexico, we loved to sit on the patio and watch the stars. We'd see shooting stars and meteor showers, etc. It was really cool to see things with tsuch clarity and detail. Sadly, it ain't the same here... but then I don't have to deal with tumbleweeds, so I guess it's all good. :)

My roommate and I checked it out a few hours ago, but it was quite frankly one of the most boring things I've ever witnessed. And I'm a communications major. I don't know if you've ever witnessed a comm lecture, but it's the best alternative to Ambien EVER.

I don't know. I guess I don't excite easy. :P

I always get weirded out during lunar eclipses and, I know what you mean, No Quarter just added to that feeling.

Well, I only got to see it slightly as the eclipse was "obscured by clouds". :D

I think that "No Quarter" live is the very best song to play when it's snowy, and foggy outside!

I though that Dazed And Confused Live would be a good choice to watch the eclipse by.

Through the 4 1/2" reflector telescope, I actually enjoy the eclipse more before and after totality.

But, I'll have to wait to try again in 2010.

I've seen the moon over Cooper Mountain in Colorado with binocluars, and the snow being blow from the top of the mountain. Errie.

My roommate and I checked it out a few hours ago, but it was quite frankly one of the most boring things I've ever witnessed. And I'm a communications major. I don't know if you've ever witnessed a comm lecture, but it's the best alternative to Ambien EVER.

I don't know. I guess I don't excite easy. :P

Hmmmm...that could be a problem. Not that it couldn't be overcome ! B)

Archived