DALTREY GAVE LED ZEPPELIN TICKET TO CHARITY

For starters, if it was true that Pete hated Zeppelin it would not make him an ass, in fact assuming that everyone who doesn't like Zeppelin is an ass (as you and snapper have done) is the only asshole behavior I see in this situation.

More to the point, Pete doesn't hate Zeppelin. In fact, here is Pete defending them and their reunion:

That was hysterical, thanks for the link. But, I still stand by what I've said.

Even in this clip he says he's not a fan of the band and then goes on to ridicule a persons reaction to seeing Jimmy Page walk onto a stage.

Also, where did I imply "that everyone who doesn't like Zeppelin is an ass"?

Nowhere, thats where.

Why do you insist on attempting to twist my words? Thats what I call "asshole behavior".

For starters, if it was true that Pete hated Zeppelin it would not make him an ass, in fact assuming that everyone who doesn't like Zeppelin is an ass (as you and snapper have done) is the only asshole behavior I see in this situation.

More to the point, Pete doesn't hate Zeppelin. In fact, here is Pete defending them and their reunion:

I never "assumed everyone who doesn't like Zeppelin is an ass". I said Pete was an ass. Stop putting words in my mouth...

Secondly, I've personally read several quotes by Pete that reflect his dislike of the boys. What really chaps my ass is that it seems(to me, anyway-just my take) like he, Clapton and Richards(and others, for whatever reasons) insinuate that Zeppelin were charlatans that gained their success through smoke and mirrors, and that their music is of a much higher integrity than Zeppelin's. Then we get into the whole other issue of the blues tradition, it's evolution, borrowing, etc(which EVERYONE DOES, yet Zeppelin gets the most flak for it), but that's another argument.

That's bullshit and I resent it...

I never "assumed everyone who doesn't like Zeppelin is an ass". I said Pete was an ass. Stop putting words in my mouth...

Secondly, I've personally read several quotes by Pete that reflect his dislike of the boys. What really chaps my ass is that it seems(to me, anyway-just my take) like he, Clapton and Richards(and others, for whatever reasons) insinuate that Zeppelin were charlatans that gained their success through smoke and mirrors, and that their music is of a much higher integrity than Zeppelin's. Then we get into the whole other issue of the blues tradition, it's evolution, borrowing, etc(which EVERYONE DOES, yet Zeppelin gets the most flak for it), but that's another argument.

That's bullshit and I resent it...

I've yet to come across such a quote from Pete. Everything I've read or seen (like the video I provided) shows that he has no problems with Led Zeppelin.

I've yet to come across such a quote from Pete. Everything I've read or seen (like the video I provided) shows that he has no problems with Led Zeppelin.

For the record, I REALLY like Daltrey-great guy. I also harbor great admiration for Moon and Entwistle-they were one hell of a team.

For the record, I REALLY like Daltrey-great guy. I also harbor great admiration for Moon and Entwistle-they were one hell of a team.

Oh yeah dude, they are so great! I love the Who. Daltrey can belt out a tune almost as good as Robert. Mooney was such an awesome drummer. Sure damn shame hes gone now.

Archived