Sydney, 1972

todd

"Jeff St.John & The Copperwhine" were allegedly the supporting act for Zeppelin on that night.

The concert started at 2.00pm in the afternoon.

There no support act.

Jeff St. John was there in the crowd about 20 metres from me.

Anyone who says he and Copperwine played was not there!

your right it was an afternoon show, and I knew that....the night comment was just a normal reaction...ok.(I do love the B&W footage)

I do think that I read about St.John being the supporting act on this site?.....as I said "alleged"

I read you review about this show on the live forum......lucky you!

i heard recently it might of been a band called BORDERLINE, i think they were bigger in the states then here. have you heard of them?

The concert started at 2.00pm in the afternoon.

There no support act.

Jeff St. John was there in the crowd about 20 metres from me.

Anyone who says he and Copperwine played was not there!

i heard recently it might of been a band called BORDERLINE, i think they were bigger in the states then here. have you heard of them?

Can't say I have.

Led Zeppelin were the only band that played on the day.

As if they needed an opener!

Well Reggie, local knowledge is the best knowledge!!!! and considering you were there as well as others like photographer Ted Harvey, who also claims that there was no supporting act. so I will take that as a fact....thank you :)

I have come to the conclusion that the only band that opened up for Zeppelin on their Australian/New Zealand tour was: non other then The Allman Brothers "Live At The Filmore East" double album....

the question does spark some interest though (it does for me anyhow). I know that Zeppelin didn't need a opening band. and most of the time thats how it went. but in certian situations they did employ other's. and it just seemed like Australia 72 would have been that exception....

I do appreciate your input on this wonderful document. I put the Australian 72 tour as the 3rd biggest moment for the band, and in the history of rock-n-roll.

Well Reggie, local knowledge is the best knowledge!!!! and considering you were there as well as others like photographer Ted Harvey, who also claims that there was no supporting act. so I will take that as a fact....thank you :)

I hope to check out the exhibition in the next few days.

I'll keep you posted.

I was going to ask you about that..... are you talking about the photo display with Ted Harvey? One Night Stand? I had read a few years back about Ted releasing them about 100 photo's in all.

you have to forgive me, I have stayed away from alot of Zeppelin sites, and anything involving Zeppelin eccept for their music for a couple years. so I might seem a little off balanced. :o

I do like this site though. but I feel like I heve been here before....what gives?

I was going to ask you about that..... are you talking about the photo display with Ted Harvey? One Night Stand? I had read a few years back about Ted releasing them about 100 photo's in all.

you have to forgive me, I have stayed away from alot of Zeppelin sites, and anything involving Zeppelin eccept for their music for a couple years. so I might seem a little off balanced. :o

I do like this site though. but I feel like I heve been here before....what gives?

The photo exhibition first started a couple of years ago at the Lismore town hall as "One Night Stand".

Lismore is a small country town on the north coast of NSW.

Now Ted has taken his exibition titled "The World Tour" on the road.

Whether it goes to other Oz states and internationally or not I don't know.

thanks for the help with the question

heres the story that was on the abc about that exhibition

im probably checking it out this weekend.

The photo exhibition first started a couple of years ago at the Lismore town hall as "One Night Stand".

Lismore is a small country town on the north coast of NSW.

Now Ted has taken his exibition titled "The World Tour" on the road.

Whether it goes to other Oz states and internationally or not I don't know.

Archived