Images conjured up by Zepp songs

The Bomber

Their music creates so many pictures... The Rain Song may be my favorite one for that. I see all sorts of rain falling when Jimmy plays. Soft little drops shining in the sun, than a heavier rain that's still somehow life bringing, then a real storm with wind, Bonzo brings the thunder and even the lightening, then the storm starts to move away, the rain gets softer again, you can see little circles expanding in puddles and hear the drips falling from the tress, the sun breaks through, but the thunder still sounds in the distance.

It's so beautiful, sometimes it makes me cry.

thats great!

misty mountin hop and battle of evermore remind me of being 10 and hearing Zep for the first time, my old man saw them in 75 and had 2 and 4 on vinyl, he put them on cassette for me,wicked!! they also remind me of the film THE FOG coz i saw that for the first time at the same age!

most songs i just see them doing it live coz ive seen the dvds so many times!! if its a song i aint seen them do live,i just imagine them doin it! tangerine and trampled underfoot remind me of a special person in my life! sweet! going to california and how many more times is all about lying in a field baked outta my mind

On one of the interviews with john paul jones, they ask him what it was like playing with john bonham and he made some comment about them playing an earth moving groove and bonham playing something that not many people would think of playing, let alone trying it and making it work....

yeah, i see art and girls shaped like willow trees.

I've got some more:

I’m Gonna Crawl - A married couple in their late 30s are sitting in a large, spacious restaurant, the only people there. The air is cold, the walls grey and the lighting positively clinical. It’s their anniversary but the relationship has long since become purely sexual; every moment they spend together out of the bedroom is such a chore that the only way they can handle the evening is to drink lots and lots of wine. Time crawls, they sit there into the night, the food doesn’t come and they end up just sitting there forever. Could be made into a little European arthouse film. I don’t know how I got all that from the combination of that music and those lyrics, but that’s what I see.

Kashmir - the whole song pretty much conjures up cracked reddish-brown desert ground, but as soon as I hear “all I see turns to brown”, I’m standing in the middle of the desert on the cracked reddish-brown dirt, the moon is huge and close to the horizon directly in front of me, and the wind picks up from either side of me and the dust swirls around in front of my eyes. I’m wearing a long purple silk gown with huge sleeves, and at “my shangri-la…” the dust subsides, I lift up the sleeves and dance around in an ethereal, balletish sort of way until I just disappear somewhere as the song fades out…

For me Led Zeps sound is like a shaman journey any time listening to it and I just can confirm your statement in the beginning of this thread, Bomber.

Images are flooding me and sometimes they mix up with reality. I had a strange experience one day. I was on my return home and suddenly I followed an inner voice and headed to the place of a guy. We both mean a lot to each other but the circumstances of our lifes didn't allow us to be together at this time.

Strange things happened to us this night and left us in bewilderness somehow. After finally going home in the break of day I decided to listen to The Wanton Song. It wasn't one of my Zep favs this time.

But its words do indeed describe my nocturnal journey.

We still mean a lot to each other. And there is still a certain bewilderness ....

Confession: I am afraid when I get a car wash. I liked the old carwashes with the swirly cloth pom poms dancing all over your car. Now they have these sinister robotic arms jerking around, looking like they're gonna kill you! Today I listened to Tea for One in the car wash, and it helped. I pictured the exact same thing you did, and didn't feel so bad!

I know, I am flakey as hell.

Why don't you simply stay outside the carwash and wait until the washing is done? (Sorry, I don't want to tease you - but I never stay inside the car during the process). :huh:

Why don't you simply stay outside the carwash and wait until the washing is done? (Sorry, I don't want to tease you - but I never stay inside the car during the process). :huh:

I think thats in reference to a carwash where the car is on a conveyor type thing and you just stay in the car... i remember those roller brush car washes as a kid, they were cool.

And thinking of that, and on the topic...was thinking of the -travellin riverside blues video, with the shots coming from underwater to surface and shots going underwater. Plus the shots of the flowing water in the stream...pretty cool nature illustration of the music.

Ofcourse all kinds of landscape and nature shots are all through the no quarter/unledded, dvd as well.

Here's what's worse: I guess I COULD go to one of those full service ones, but I'm even lazier than I'm chicken, so I just go to the one that's nearest to my home. :lol:

But anyway! Today I was listening to "Custard Pie," and had nasty thoughts! Hooray! I love Zepp, they're good for that. :D

On one of the interviews with john paul jones, they ask him what it was like playing with john bonham and he made some comment about them playing an earth moving groove and bonham playing something that not many people would think of playing, let alone trying it and making it work....

yeah, i see art and girls shaped like willow trees.

I like that, girls shaped like willow trees... :)

RE: car washes... if you want to have fun (and go a little more deaf) go through one of those with your dog(s) in the car. They think the car is being attacked by murderous robots, too. :o (I only made that mistake once.)

Dancing Days:

I'm in my favorite corner booth of The Rainbow Bar & Grill on The Sunset Strip in Los Angeles. It's almost midnight and I'm just relaxing with an old friend and his girl. This

stunningly beautiful young lady taps me on the shoulder and asks if I would mind if

she joins us. It seems she finds our discussion stimulating. Sure, sit beside me I reply.

How do you do, how do you do. A bit of polite small talk is exchanged as another round

is brought to the table. Her name is Kelly. Come to find out she just arrived in Hollywood. She's got an audition tomorrow and she's nervous. I suggest a walk on the beach and

she accepts. We bid my friends farewell.

Our drive from The Sunset Strip to Ocean Boulevard finds her hand in mine. Dancing Days is on the radio. KLOS 95.5 FM. Soon the ocean breeze delights in catching her hair in the moonlight. Some things you never forget. The sand in between your toes. The ocean's roar. Need I say more.

Several months later I saw her again in the lobby of a cinema. She was on a poster to promote a new film release. Weird Science. Kelly LeBrock.

:D:D:D ..... and if you don't wash your face after the yummi spinach I'm going and leave the windows open during the carwash..... :D:D:P

:o:lol: Oh man, I KNEW I shouldn't have posted that! BTW, I'm almost 38! :blush:

I recently had the best imagination ever ^^

Achilles Last Stand-

in my imagination theres a man and a woman. they are married .. its 16th century and at some sunny day the man has to walk with the other to a war and they're all riding on horses. and i see a big battlefield at night and this man gets hurt and everyone dies except him and at the next morning he wants to ride back to his wife and he tries and tried and you hear the gallopp of the horse in this song and it becomes evening and he stops at a hill with one tree on it and he lays down at the gras and the horse lays next to him, he is about to die. then i see his wife taking her horse to search him cause he is not coming back and she is searching and searching and her husband is pulling his sword into the gras and he still lays there and is about to die... and at the end of the song he died, and his wife found him. and she knees down next to him and cries and then she slowly stands up and walks to the end of the hill...and then finally she jumps....

Seriously! :lol:

Poor Bomber, your car is going to start looking bad.

455656677_24ee568495.jpg

I never said that i was afraid of the carwash!I just hear Carouselambra when those death machines come down,if i play Hats Off,now that would be weird!I've tried but in a carwash Hats Of won't play in my head,when i try Carouselambra somehow overrides it so i'll try the other way around,but when i do that all i can see is Jimmy on the floor having a seizure with his slide and Robert wailing randomly.

Poor Bomber, you established such an awesome thread with everybody trying hard to post wonderful imaginations to Led Zeppelin songs and now we are spoiling it because none of us seems to be able to quit the carwasher monster!

Hopefully we all being involved won't imagine rotating and lovesickly howling carwashers listening to I Can't Quit You, Babe in the future ....

OK, adding two more pics I eventually say farewell, beloved monster and promise to post a really wonderful journey through my thoughts listening to Led Zeps next time I'm showing up here!

carwasher2.jpg

...... more than Hats Off ..... :D

carwasher.jpg

.... Poor Tom, doesn't know what's going on...... :o

Poor Bomber, you established such an awesome thread with everybody trying hard to post wonderful imaginations to Led Zeppelin songs and now we are spoiling it because none of us seems to be able to quit the carwasher monster!

Hopefully we all being involved won't imagine rotating and lovesickly howling carwashers listening to I Can't Quit You, Babe in the future ....

OK, adding two more pics I eventually say farewell, beloved monster and promise to post a really wonderful journey through my thoughts listening to Led Zeps next time I'm showing up here!

carwasher2.jpg

...... more than Hats Off ..... :D

carwasher.jpg

.... Poor Tom, doesn't know what's going on...... :o

:lol: Nice,in the words of Robert Plant,"We've maimed the beast for life,but we didn't kill it" (Robert on Knebworth '79) hopefully those pics help Suz and others overcome carwash phobia.

B)

:lol: Nice,in the words of Robert Plant,"We've maimed the beast for life,but we didn't kill it" (Robert on Knebworth '79) hopefully those pics help Suz and others overcome carwash phobia.

B)

:lol: Does the trick for me!

OK, here's something, speaking of seeing a song in your head:

2320641149_a070847123.jpg

This is on the site: http://meanspeedmusic.wordpress.com/catego...cal-psychology/

Compare this amazing journey to the crap that is Phil Collins, above it on the site... :D

Archived