Images conjured up by Zepp songs

The Bomber

Have to admit, while dancing to Black Country Woman - again- in a candle lit room, I just think about everyone I know getting together and dancing with me, with huge smiles on our faces. It is such a cool song.

^ Definitely a good telling,Tinkerbell.

This is in my head when i hear STH,at the start,i see a man and a woman,in 16th century England,they are lovers,then it skips a few years ahead,the woman has grown old,the man is long dead,the woman is walking in the streets at night,alone,she's thinking about him,i see the songbird who sings in the tree by the brook,rings of smoke through the trees,all the things Robert describes,i'm watching the lady from atop a mountain (I'm the hermit) I tell her her Stairway lies on the whispering wind,she is dying and thinking of the man during the solo,going to heaven with him,hence the Stairway,it feels like she's reaching for him,then the hermit (me) is singing that last heavy part,looking at the lady,it's like i'm the hermit,seeing things from up there,away from everyone else,in the end she's dead,and i sing "She's buying a Stairway to Heaven".

Stairway To Heaven

If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now,

It's just a spring clean for the May queen.

Yes, there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run

There's still time to change the road you're on.

And it makes me wonder.

Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know,

The piper's calling you to join him,

Dear lady, can you hear the wind blow, and did you know

Your stairway lies on the whispering wind.

The part above has a special meaning for me and is somehow the sequel of The Wanton Song:

There are two people. They mean a lot to each other. But everything around is perfectly arranged and the two of them don't dare to leave their systems. They are bewildered and act strange meeting each other. One of them would leave everything in favour for the other. The other one knows but hasn't the strength and tries hard to forget. Both would die for each other if it would be necessary. None of them can't forget. Time passes. One of them doesn't know that there is always a chance to change the road you're on. The other one knows that you can but can't find a way to convince the love of his life being faced with his fears. Both are slowly dying.

Stairway To Heaven

And it makes me wonder.

The part above has a special meaning for me and is somehow the sequel of The Wanton Song:

There are two people. They mean a lot to each other. But everything around is perfectly arranged and the two of them don't dare to leave their systems. They are bewildered and act strange meeting each other. One of them would leave everything in favour for the other. The other one knows but hasn't the strength and tries hard to forget. Both would die for each other if it would be necessary. None of them can't forget. Time passes. One of them doesn't know that there is always a chance to change the road you're on. The other one knows that you can but can't find a way to convince the love of his life being faced with his fears. Both are slowly dying.

Very cool indeed.

B)

Stairway To Heaven

And it makes me wonder.

Tinkerbell, your words are beautiful. Thank you for posting this.

Tinkerbell, your words are beautiful. Thank you for posting this.

You are welcome, tiki! Sometimes life is really, really strange! :(

You are living in a place called Thousand Oaks. The name somehow strikes me. I like it!

I know this isn't the dream thread- but here's an image from a dream I had about a week ago: LZ riding in a golf cart. WTF! That's all I can remember.

...Weird,golf cart,hmm... any lemons involved?None?I miss that big lemon truck,did we have Plant stashed away in the back of the cart,tied up and gagged?Was Jimmy washing the cart?C'mon,give us something!

...Weird,golf cart,hmm... any lemons involved?None?I miss that big lemon truck,did we have Plant stashed away in the back of the cart,tied up and gagged?Was Jimmy washing the cart?C'mon,give us something!

For Pete's sake, none of that kidnapping stuff. But I saw them there, riding around and it was funny to me. Too bad they weren't naked, but that's the way it goes, I guess.

Oh well,maybe next time,i'll probably be imagining Zepp in a golf cart naked for a few weeks,when a weird thought gets into my head it doesn't get out,no matter how disturbing,i only hope you too could see what i know i will see every time i close my eyes,four "aging" naked men,in a golf cart.

Oh well,maybe next time,i'll probably be imagining Zepp in a golf cart naked for a few weeks,when a weird thought gets into my head it doesn't get out,no matter how disturbing,i only hope you too could see what i know i will see every time i close my eyes,four "aging" naked men,in a golf cart.

:hysterical: I am the same! Remember when I told you, I always "go there?" I really do. It's a strange place, but it pays off.

p.s. not that it matters, but if I had to put a date on the image in that dream, it would have been about 30 years ago. Goodnight, Bomber!

:hysterical: I am the same! Remember when I told you, I always "go there?" I really do. It's a strange place, but it pays off.

p.s. not that it matters, but if I had to put a date on the image in that dream, it would have been about 30 years ago. Goodnight, Bomber!

You've lifted a load of my mind,but i still imagine naked men in a golfcart when i close my eyes (I told you i sound gay) Ah well,i'll just imagine the groupies that will be naturally attracted by this event,Goodnight, Suz!

Thanks for getting Drunk on my behalf Tink! :drunk:

Didn't get drunk - but I've got three more original Guiness glasses, a T-Shirt saying "Saint Patrick's Day 2008" on it's back and a silly hat with a shamrock making me look like a wizard amongst muggles!

And - I made some new friends (of course...) during smoking in front of the ballroom!!! One of them is Irish (... of course...)!

All in all - the evening was big fun! :yay:

Tink

I know this isn't the dream thread- but here's an image from a dream I had about a week ago: LZ riding in a golf cart. WTF! That's all I can remember.

Suz, you really have strange dreams!

I perfectly can imagine Robert putting in lemons in thousands of holes and Jimmy is the totally dazed and confused greenkeeper watering the freshly Planted lemons with a yellow hose!

Good Night Suz & Bomber! Sweet dreams! :D

Tink

Didn't get drunk - but I've got three more original Guiness glasses, a T-Shirt saying "Saint Patrick's Day 2008" on it's back and a silly hat with a shamrock making me look like a wizard amongst muggles!

And - I made some new friends (of course...) during smoking in front of the ballroom!!! One of them is Irish (... of course...)!

All in all - the evening was big fun! :yay:

Tink

Paddy's day in Éire is a funny affair,we celebrated,as is tradition,on the 17th,the parade's are the stuff of legend,they're just funny to watch 100's of people out there,in the freezing cold,wishing they were somewhere else.

Suz, you really have strange dreams!

I perfectly can imagine Robert putting in lemons in thousands of holes and Jimmy is the totally dazed and confused greenkeeper watering the freshly Planted lemons with a yellow hose!

Good Night Suz & Bomber! Sweet dreams! :D

Tink

Suz,i really want to get Sigmund Freud in to look at you're dreams,you have some kind of 'thing' for golf-carts and 70's rock bands (I also am effected by the later) and now Tink,i'm very troubled by those visions,oh well,remember the groupies that would flock to see naked Zep-golf.

In "Thank You" I think of my boyfriend and I on our first dance at our wedding if we do... and I also think of the picture of Robert and Maureen dancing in the snow.

The Rain Song is just pretty and reminds me of TSRTS.

SIBLY reminds me of a bar...

Whole Lotta Love conjures up Robert being just plain sexy and dancing around.. much like the both available videos of it (one with female skin, one without)... but it also conjures up some flash images from a spoof I found on YouTube. A cute, funny spoof though.

That's the Way just conjures up what he is saying, a boy standing at a brook... flowers...

Custard Pie... meh just what he is singing...

I could go on and on.

I don't see a story unfold in my head. I just see a flash of an image

Dazed and confused-A smoky room with beaded curtains, and colored lights

Immigrant Song-A charging army

The rain song-A quiet glen with rain falling softly

Kasmir- driving through dessert, and I also think of the godzilla movie because puff daddy used the tune for the soundtrack song

Just listened to Bron-Yr-Aur again, and it just paints a wonderfully grainy image in my head of the 4 of them lounging around on the grass, just outside the hut itself, jamming away and smoking nice fat joints and just being ultimately relaxed. That is what life should be like.

OK this is difficult to describe.....Dazed & Confused - live version from The Song Rem Same.

Jimmys violin bow section... very evocative and demonic howls from the guitar. Towards the end of the section theres a part where th eviolin bow sounds as if its just rattling against the strings and makes anoise abit like horses hooves. I always see like a mystic knight arriving at the demons lair, then Plants wail comes in just before the violent guitar burst and all the push push from Plant. The initial wail is the knight holding his bright sword up in the darkness (abit like Gandalf on KhazaDum), then all hell breaks lose. But the knight doesnt win, and the last part of the violin bow sequence has lots of rat like demons pouring out of a pit like a swarm of rats, before a gigantic demon rises from the blackness, which is during the last moments of the violin bow. Try it!

Then theres another....some years ago I was watching a programme on TV about Vietnam and there was this black and white footage of superfortress bombers with thousands of bombs pouring out of them, the music was the middle 'white noise' section of Whole Lotta Love and that went so well, all th enoise sounded like the engines and bombs being released, then theres that high pitched noise and Plant screams 'LOOOOOOOVE!' except instead of it being his orgasmic howl it suddenly became a plea, this incredible scream of Love in the midst of deth and destruction. In that one moment there was more power than all the anti-war protest songs put together.

Try it put on Whole lortta love and imagine thousands of bombers with bombs and death pouring out and the effct that Plants Love scream has!

OK OK I'll go back to the asylum

Archived