Serge Gainsbourg anyone?

Gainsbarre

Serge is a big, big, big influence! He was so great, a true genious!

The man was so great and ahead of his time, and at the same time, of his time! heheh!

Histoire de Melody Nelson is a masterpiece, a Milestone of Modern Music.

He was such a visionnary.

On s'ennuie de toi, Serge

Serge is a big, big, big influence! He was so great, a true genious!

The man was so great and ahead of his time, and at the same time, of his time! heheh!

Histoire de Melody Nelson is a masterpiece, a Milestone of Modern Music.

He was such a visionnary.

On s'ennuie de toi, Serge

Serge is the only person I truly idolise. I mean I love led Zep, I love Pink Floyd, I love The Beatles, but Serge is my hero.

The only trouble is my French isn't fluent, so I often miss out on the double meanings of Serge's lyrics. But I still love his work.

Although, I think it's easier to be lyrically brilliant in French than it is in English. I find it much easier to write lyrics in French, because the language seems more flexible and the words go together better, they rhyme eaiser in French. In English, because it's such a miss-matched language, made of of words from Celtic, Latin, French, German, Scandanavian et al. I think it's a trickier language in which to be a great poet.

I don't know much about him though I seem to remember watching a film in which he played together with Jane Birkin...it's been a while, not sure about the title.... :unsure: ?

It's amazing that he and Jane Birkin got such a beautiful daughter...

gainsbourg%20and%20birkin.jpg

I don't know much about him though I seem to remember watching a film in which he played together with Jane Birkin...it's been a while, not sure about the title.... :unsure: ?

It's amazing that he and Jane Birkin got such a beautiful daughter...

Yeah Charlotte really acts like her mother, but she's got that Gainsbourg look about her. Charlotte's in one of those videos I posted, Lemon Incest.

Hello there, Gainsbarre. WELCOME!

When speaking of Serge Gainsbourg, I have only heard of his songs when I heard Brigitte Bardot sing them in her movies.

I would love to look at those links you have provided

But must I say, Serge Gainsborug's song and Brigitte Bardot in leather= B)

Hi and thanks!

Yeah Harley Davidson with Bardot on the bike is a classic sexy number. In fact former French President Jacques Chirac claimed that was his favourite song B) I can certainly understand why.

I've heard Historie de Melody Nelson, and it was pretty cool. I like this guy, I might get his one album Initials BB.

Mercury and Philips have put out some really good Serge compilation albums, because he wrote hundreds of songs. You can a compilation album which just focuses on his 1960's Lounge/Mambo and Africana stuff, or you can get a compilation album which just has his mid to late 60's pop stuff, but if I were you I'd get a 2-disc compilation album like Gainsbourg...Forever, or De Gainsbourg à Gainsbarre...

Those two compilation albums carry little bits of everything from his mid- 70s Nazi Rock period to his reggae period to his really heavy 80's pop/funk period. It's a good way to get acquainted.

Archived