ROBERT PLANT To Tour With ALISON KRAUSS In Early 2008

Robert Plant, Alison Krauss Raising Gold

Country Hound.com

11/28/2007

Stephen L. Betts

Raising Sand, the critically-lauded album by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, has been certified gold by the RIAA, denoting sales of more than 500,000 copies. The album debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 just four weeks ago.

Produced by T Bone Burnett, Raising Sand is the highest-charting and fastest-selling album in the history of Rounder Records.

A music video for the first single "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)," will world-premiere on CMT tomorrow (11/29), and is also confirmed for a premiere on VH1 on Dec. 3. Shot in Nashville, the video adds a raucous element to the Everly Brothers song, with scenes bouncing between shimmering mylar glitz and a performance stage reminiscent of a vintage Technicolor movie. The video will enter regular rotation on both networks.

Alison Krauss, Robert Plant, and T Bone Burnett, along with the musicians featured on Raising Sand, will tour extensively throughout the US and Europe beginning in April.

:cheer: I can't wait ! :cheer:

:angry: April! That's not early! :angry:

I really like their collaboration but I think the Zeppelin thing kind of dwarfs it.

They can't tour forever you know!--RP&AK or Led Zeppelin

I think April (around the beginnings of the spring season) is the right time to start a tour.

Zep overshadows AK-RP? Well....AK-RP has begun and will continue in the forseeable future (2008) whereas the LZ gig, while momumental and certainly the concert of the year, is a one time event at this time.

You're right.....they won't tour forever...after all, Robert Plant has to start on his next project....collborating with Strange Sensation. B)

Archived