Band Meeting

pinky

I know zeppelin had a meeting in January that i know is true, apparaently it was on the 26th idk if that is true but what i want to find out is what were the results of the meeting if any one knows please post. hopefully its a tour.

I know zeppelin had a meeting in January that i know is true, apparaently it was on the 26th idk if that is true but what i want to find out is what were the results of the meeting if any one knows please post. hopefully its a tour.

There was a meeting but there are no plans or arrangements in place to tour anywhere. I've heard Jimmy is considering further remastering and rereleases of the back catalog, among other business decisions. That's all it was, one of their occasional business meetings.

... and (on a side note) more Plant/Krauss solo dates (currently through July 1st in the US). Pre-sales just went on for more cities this morning at 10am. Doesn't look like there will be any Zeppelin tour anytime soon. Plant is enjoying his time with Alison.

R B)

I wouldn't say that - yeah it's good for an audience shot piece of film, but next best thing - no way.

Well...maybe for you, sure. But from what's "out there", it's pretty good...and I don't know of something better...for now. Maybe you have a copy of the concert from the professional camera crew. If so...I'd surely find that to be 'the next best thing'....but for those who may not have access to something like that (if indeed people have that)...I'd still say the 3rd Eye is the next best thing....available.

But please...if you know of a better source....please share it...not the link to it of course, but the critique of the video you allude to....

I don't have any other DVD from any other source. I think it was pretty clear that what I said was that video was not, in my opinion, the next best thing to an official DVD - because I don't think it is that great. Nowhere did I "allude to " any other film, footage of the show.

I don't have any other DVD from any other source. I think it was pretty clear that what I said was that video was not, in my opinion, the next best thing to an official DVD - because I don't think it is that great. Nowhere did I "allude to " any other film, footage of the show.

Oh OK...just sounded like you'd seen something better than 3rd eye.

My opinion included what I considered next best thing. I spose I was just asking what YOU thought is the next best thing....cause by your response, it sounded like you had something better in mind that what IS out there to view.

I guess in my mind, it someone disqualifies and opinion....they have something to offer...not just an intangible.

I'm amazed there is to be no O2 DVD release. Why bother going to the expense of filming it? I would have thought that the prospect of the Ahmet Ertegun charity getting a decent slice of the profits would be enough to warrant a release.

Surely it can't be because the band didn't think the show was up to scratch!?!?

I'm sure there could be many reasons favourable and unfavourable. Lotsof things would come into the equation.

I'm sure there was Kneb, I wouldn't think they would make a random decision on this, just for the hell of it. Although disappointed, I'm glad to know that a decision has been made

I'm intrigued by some of the comments Jimmy made in Japan last month, the further yet vague allusions to "a return to the guitar". It's easy to take anything someone says out

of context, yet as I understand it there will be "a return to the guitar" this year. Let's

hope it's more than just handing said guitar to the Gibson guys for yet another signature series model :lol:

Thanks everyone. I'll just get the Third Eye one until they change their mind and patiently wait.

Have a good one!!! I'll probably go get Plant/Krauss tix then (if there's to be no Zep tour or concerts here in the US).

R B)

The meeting decided that there would be no plans to tour or release a DVD of the O2.

If the band meeting decided there would be no tour or release of a DVD, then why don't they just come out and tell us. At least we would know where we are.

I'm not convinced.

Archived