Band Meeting

pinky

I "trolled" with this outrageous observation: Jimmy Page brings new fans to the band all the time.

Also, I "hurled" these feces: it's beginning to seem to me like some people around here will be disappointed if Led Zeppelin gets back together again.

Only reason I didn't get myself banned for these opinions is because I was expecting a certain group of friends to show up to say, more in sadness than in anger, and politely, how wrong I was. When they did - which is entirely their choice and their perogative - I didn't allow myself to be goaded into responding badly.

I was expecting it through watching it happen three different times in the previous two weeks. During that time, there were posters here who were unaware of the group of friends, so they were blindsided and felt a bit dog-piled on, to which they responded poorly, resulting in them being banned.

Turn about is fair play in my book, so it was the group who weren't on guard about me in that thread. It is aggravating to be caught unawares, isn't it? Even by nice people who are speaking in reasonable tones.

So, my apologies. I usually post in good faith, in fact I self-censor through wishing to keep the peace. But what a shame that so very much self-censoring is necessary, frankly.

Maybe, sometimes, it's the gathering together and outnumbering people that starts stirring things up, and not the different opinions?

I am assuming you mean faeces but it may be fences. faeces makes more sense given the amount of it thats been flying around lately. But please don't lump it onto one group of friends because there have been other only too happy to stir the faeces along the way to get the responses from those people. There are others who make themselves out to be entirely innocent or a victim yet in the background say some pretty nasty things to people. And also frequently talk down to people who disagree with their opinions or self induced/promoted grandiosity. These seem to go unchecked but perhaps someone out there wil pick upon them at some point.

Anyway sunchild, its about us all taking responsibility for our actions and behaviours and iam as guilty as anyone at times but I take full responsibility. I just hope that some less expereienced people here don't get swept up wrongly on the tide of mistrust and dislike of some of the others who care about this board and its predecessor and fear for its future ability to deal with everyday people who often will disagree on every subject under the sun. It saddens me as an old timer that this happens so frequently.

I responded to your earlier post more in sadness at what you said rather than anger and i think this may be what you mean in this post. When things are stirred up then emotions run high and things get said very quickly and strongly, but i am saying it again, "hey we are just people and that what people do".

So I hope that the seemingly seige mentality lessens for all of us cos there are many who want to be here and many who should still be here to talk freely and openly. I have learned that people I respect and like immensely have been banned and thats very sad and disappointing to me. They are people I have known and read and listened and spoken to for years, not a few weeks or months and I know that generally the board is poorer for them not still being here. Some may not like me saying that but its true. For those who deliberatley stirred up trouble and they know who they are it is not something you should be proud of. It does the name of Led Zeppelin a disservice.

Anyway it's just my opinion.

I for one and many i know could never be disappointed if Zeppelin got back together and toured, for those that werent here at the time of the 02 lottery you would understand just how much we wanted it.

"Feces"??! Did you mean fences?

Also, I wasn't speaking of you in my response; I apologize if it came out that way. At times, there will be heated disagreements here but in the end we should be able to "agree to disagree" and shake hands. After all we'll here because we love to discuss Led Zeppelin.

Different spellings: Feces, faeces, or fæces... Hurling fences would take more energy than I have... :)

No apology necessary, plus, I agree with you, and with unledded1. We are all on the same page, seems like.

:beer:

^^ Wonderful post Paul. Thank you.

BTW, in response to an earlier post of yours... I also would like to know what kind of sandwiches... B)

And, what kind of tea...

I'm amazed there is to be no O2 DVD release. Why bother going to the expense of filming it? I would have thought that the prospect of the Ahmet Ertegun charity getting a decent slice of the profits would be enough to warrant a release.

Surely it can't be because the band didn't think the show was up to scratch!?!?

Actually one of the people I know who was at the O2 said that there were some problems with the audio for some of the songs. And he would know because he worked on remastering the re-released TSRTS DVD for Warner Bros.

Archived