Band Meeting

pinky

I fail to see what the problem is. Knebby clearly knows members of Zeppelin and has told you there will be no O2 dvd or tour. What's so difficult to comprehend?

No DVD

No Tour.

Easy.

Now get on with your lives, presuming you actually have any.

It's just a rock band, not a cure for cancer.

Oh and Joel - please quote me instances of me asking/demanding sources from people?

Well, you asked me how I knew David Coverdale was at the 02 show. That's just one example. I didn't take offense to the question, though.

The same thing happening within this thread is similar to what went on in my Jimmy in Bangkok thread. Some information is SHARED here and the wolf pack jump all over it

in attempt to tear it to bits. This is usually because they don't like the information or they don't particularly like the person posting. I just hope everyone here realizes that ultimately people do get fed up with the aggravation involved.

Well, you asked me how I knew David Coverdale was at the 02 show. That's just one example. I didn't take offense to the question, though.

With respect Steve, that is hardly "Demanding a source". It is asking a question. I genuinely wanted to know where you heard it because I don't think he WAS there, and I wanted to know if I was wrong. You never did answer.

Oh and Joel - that wasn't "asking for/demanding a source" either. You won't find examples of it. It's just something I don't do. Doesn't make me better or worse than anyone else, but you'll never get me barking "source" at people.

Oh and Joel - to clarify -what I meant was that no-one knows the insides of a relationship but the two people involved - any third party can only know bits of it.

Here's my perspective and I will assume that it is the same for others. I, like countless others tried and failed to get tickets for the O2 show. After seeing clips on Youtube, I saw cameras there and from the BBC footage of Black Dog, assumed that it was filmed for release to the public after some work was done on it, i.e. removal of feedback. Getting my hopes up, I was/am eager for the DVD to come out so I could at least have that. Now, people are saying that there will be no DVD and no tour, (I don't expect a tour). When people say that there will be no DVD, that can be an annoyance to all of us who did not have the opportunity to see the concert. Therefore, I think the issue is, if one says definitively that there is no DVD to be officially released, on what basis are people saying that? It's a simple question that can be answered with a simple answer.

I fail to see what the problem is. Knebby clearly knows members of Zeppelin and has told you there will be no O2 dvd or tour.

If Knebby knows members of Zep or has access to information from the inner circle, why would she betray her position by coming on the forum and blabbing that information? Wouldn't it be foolish to repeat what she has been told and disrespect Led Zep's privacy?

With respect Steve, that is hardly "Demanding a source". It is asking a question. I genuinely wanted to know where you heard it because I don't think he WAS there, and I wanted to know if I was wrong. You never did answer.

Well, I said you asked (not demanded). It was a fair question and once I can dig thru my notes again I'll reconfirm it. People often do demand sources, as you've undoubtedly seen, and there's also my all-time favorite, some information is shared and I get "Link?"

If we were all around the table having a nice conversation and someone shared news

and another member bellowed "Link?" would that not be considered rude? It's almost

as bad as coughing whilst saying "bullshit" under ones breath. In the end, it's laziness.

For anyone who is genuinely interested in any of the forum topics, perhaps put your

own effort into acquiring the knowledge you seek, as opposed to just sitting here demanding to be spoon fed.

:lol::lol: -Excuse me for replying to a post directed at me with an answer about me. Perhaps I should have talked about Del?

I also mentioned: Zeppelin fans who might understandably be stirred up by the information you posted and so legitimately might want to know more, and who certainly don't deserve to be jumped on for it (ok, you had to read between the lines a bit for that, but it's in there);

and, the general tone of the board, and how perhaps it could be improved upon.

Might you, a long time member of the fandom with a deep store of knowledge and unique insights, have any suggestions for how to lighten the tone around here?

"I post what I like and sod off if you don't like it" is not particularly the direction I meant to go in. :)

If Knebby knows members of Zep or has access to information from the inner circle, why would she betray her position by coming on the forum and blabbing that information? Wouldn't it be foolish to repeat what she has been told and disrespect Led Zep's privacy?

Lovely to see you here. I've been around long enough to make my own judgements, thanks.

Here's my perspective and I will assume that it is the same for others. I, like countless others tried and failed to get tickets for the O2 show. After seeing clips on Youtube, I saw cameras there and from the BBC footage of Black Dog, assumed that it was filmed for release to the public after some work was done on it, i.e. removal of feedback. Getting my hopes up, I was/am eager for the DVD to come out so I could at least have that. Now, people are saying that there will be no DVD and no tour, (I don't expect a tour). When people say that there will be no DVD, that can be an annoyance to all of us who did not have the opportunity to see the concert. Therefore, I think the issue is, if one says definitively that there is no DVD to be officially released, on what basis are people saying that? It's a simple question that can be answered with a simple answer.

Bingo. Thank you for a very lucid, down to earth post.

I also mentioned: Zeppelin fans who might understandably be stirred up by the information you posted and so legitimately might want to know more, and who certainly don't deserve to be jumped on for it

I didn't jump on anyone. My posts since have actually happily conceded that people don't have to believe me. Most of your clique have managed to miss that though.

Lovely to see you here. I've been around long enough to make my own judgements, thanks.

Lovely to see you too, darling. I was invited here actually to inspect the action.

But it's a funny discussion isn't it? When one, generally speaking, provides tidbits of information without providing a source, it could be argued that there can only be two reasons for the non-disclosure: either the 'source' doesn't exist and the information is pure speculation (or fabrication), or the person who provides the information is a gossip... which is usually an attention-seeking device.

But that's just generally speaking, I wouldn't say that about you Knebby dear...

I'm betting if Knebby had said the DVD comes out next month and the tour starts in October, the response would have been very different. ;)

By which I mean, of course, it would have been considered much more credible.

You're right because I was just thinking how on the old board, when rumours heated up about Zep's reforming to participate in a tribute concert for Ahmet Ertegun, we were told to "watch this space" and no one (that I can recall) questioned the statement. So yes, I do think it somewhat boils down to people not wanting to hear no dvd/tour etc.

Lovely to see you too, darling. I was invited here actually to inspect the action.

But it's a funny discussion isn't it? When one, generally speaking, provides tidbits of information without providing a source, it could be argued that there can only be two reasons for the non-disclosure: either the 'source' doesn't exist and the information is pure speculation (or fabrication), or the person who provides the information is a gossip... which is usually an attention-seeking device.

But that's just generally speaking, I wouldn't say that about you Knebby dear...

Your 'two reasons' theory is interesting - as I have repeatedly used a similar answer - you have two choices - believe me or don't. Doesn't matter to me. Not once in this thread have I responded to the provocation by saying "This is the truth and you should believe it"

I'm not surprised at all that you were invited over. That'll be by that "clique" that doesn't exist. Oh and I just can't imagine why they chose to invite you. :rolleyes:

You were invited to inspect???And WE'RE accused of being a clique :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know you're not directing this at me but your post is so full of sarcasm and for what? You either believe Knebby or you don't. There are enough people on this board who have vouched for her credibility but I guess that's not enough either...

Your 'two reasons' theory is interesting - as I have repeatedly used a similar answer - you have two choices - believe me or don't. Doesn't matter to me. Not once in this thread have I responded to the provocation by saying "This is the truth and you should believe it"

I'm not surprised at all that you were invited over. That'll be by that "clique" that doesn't exist. Oh and I just can't imagine why they chose to invite you. :rolleyes:

Yeah it is an interesting theory and I welcome the discussion, but it isn't directed at you :)

If there are cliques on this board, then the only two that I felt existed were The Royal Family, and everybody else...

You were invited to inspect???And WE'RE accused of being a clique :rolleyes:

Sorry, I know you're not directing this at me but your post is so full of sarcasm and for what? You either believe Knebby or you don't. There are enough people on this board who have vouched for her credibility but I guess that's not enough either...

No no I'm just putting forward a general theory, no offense to Knobby at all...

However I'm a big believer in respecting Led Zep's privacy when it comes to personal and business matters, so if I found myself in a position whereby I had access to inside information, I wouldn't then be spreading that information on Led Zep's official forum. Not if I respected the band and my access to that information.

I think we all agree that, as much as we love Led Zep, their privacy in their current lives and dealings should be respected.

However I'm a big believer in respecting Led Zep's privacy when it comes to personal and business matters, so if I found myself in a position whereby I had access to inside information, I wouldn't then be spreading that information on Led Zep's official forum. Not if I respected the band and my access to that information.

I think we all agree that, as much as we love Led Zep, their privacy in their current lives and dealings should be respected.

She's NEVER posted anything that infringes upon Zep's privacy in any way shape or form. I think she's incredibly respectful of their lives and privacy. The same cannot be said for others that post here.

Yeah it is an interesting theory and I welcome the discussion, but it isn't directed at you :)

If there are cliques on this board, then the only two that I felt existed were The Royal Family, and everybody else...

I absolutely agree, and in all my years posting on the forums I have held to that. What I posted re the DVD and the tour was already out there.

I used to argue with Knebby in the early days about Robert having mixed feelings about Led Zeppelin due to the way he used to talk about Zeppelin in the press. And I even though I'm not entirely ready to let that theory go, I think I understand where he was coming from now that I have seen firsthand the maelstrom of speculation and rumor that come with the band reforming. My god! Whatever he may have personally felt, Plant must have had no choice but to tell people that Zeppelin was dead, dead, dead just to get a moment's peace and to have someone take his solo career seriously for five seconds.

And so, the simple answer is that with a tour, or with a DVD- the answer will be categorically NO until it is categorically YES. Led Zeppelin do not have the luxury of "maybe" ; large swaths of their fanbase are too rabid to read "maybe" as anything but a total commitment, and the wildfire of speculation is harmful. Look at the way Allison Krauss, a phenomenally talented artist, has been dragged over the coals and compared to Yoko Ono on this site. Disgusting.

BTW- those arguments I had with Knebby were in reunion rumor threads, in which she was constantly saying a categorical NO, just as Robert was. Even though I favored a reunion, I got so tired of all the useless speculation that I posted a pager full of exploding smilies any time someone started a new reunion rumor thread, and there were a lot of them. Let's just say that I stopped doing that because the categorical NO stopped, and it was Knebby that delivered the message. She knew before anyone else on this board or any other board knew.

And that's why I wouldn't dare question her sources- I'm happy to rely on track record, thank you very much. So question her all you like suckers, more face time for me.

Archived