Band Meeting

pinky

If the band meeting decided there would be no tour or release of a DVD, then why don't they just come out and tell us. At least we would know where we are.

I'm not convinced.

I don't think that they're obligated to tell us anything of that nature. Neither the promoter nor the band ever mentioned that this show was going to be officially released. Many of us hoped that it would be. But as Knebby stated, they decided against it. I'm disappointed too but it's their decision so we just have to live with it. Perhaps they'll change their minds in the future but who knows.

... That's the best answer, I've heard all afternoon. Thanks.

Steve's was a good one, too (as usual).

Let's just wait and see.

As far as the DVD:

They wouldn't have spent all that money on professional HD Cameras and film cameras just to have the footage never be released. That makes no sense. I bet/think a film is in the works (for a theatrical release later on (maybe later this year maybe not).

Then the DVD, later this year (just in time for Christmas '08 or later next year).

We'll see.

R B)

The meeting decided that there would be no plans to tour or release a DVD of the O2.

Just to quell some of the furor...

Read this again. "The meeting decided that there would be no plans to tour or release a DVD of the O2."

That doesn't mean other meetings won't be held in the future to formulate plans for such things or to revisit any and/or all of these topics. Nor does it mean anything is dead in the water.

These results are nothing more than that new cliche phrase - it is what it is. People need to relax and realize life and decisions are fluid and not static.

This is the first I have heard that there will be no official release for the DVD :mad: Is this true or just speculation? :thumbdown:

Let's get a grip here. No one on this Board was present during this so called "meeting" so all we can do is speculate and guess wildly at what the meeting was actually about.

I can't believe for one second that there will be no O2 DVD release - ridiculous.

There is the possibility that a new recording has been discussed. Jimmy has the material and JPJ has new stuff already in the can. Robert absolutely doesn't want to continue the "greatest hits" tour talk. He wants NEW stuff and rightly so.

If Jimmy and JPJ can dump some new material on his lap that really motivates Robert, I would say that Zep will surprise us all with a late 08, early 09 strategic tour...but not the "World Tour" everyone hopes for.

he never said he didn't believe you. he just wants to know where you heard that from

personally i think your full of shit, but hey, you dont care either way.

Hilarious. I'd like to know the same actually. I don't mean any disrespect and I don't need names or any personal info, but it's easy for people to say something they claim to be true without showing references.

If Jimmy and JPJ can dump some new material on his lap that really motivates Robert, I would say that Zep will surprise us all with a late 08, early 09 strategic tour...but not the "World Tour" everyone hopes for.

Sorry Nirvana, but the evidence suggests the well is dry! I don't see this at all.

That's a rather discourteous response.

I lurked on the old board for over ten years and have been active here since the official launch. I've never found a way to get along with Knebby for two consecutive posts. Regardless, I do value truth and precision and in this regard, she has seldom failed to disappoint. I'd take her word for it -- no 02 DVD anytime soon.

The distant future? No one knows.

he never said he didn't believe you. he just wants to know where you heard that from

No dvd for you then from Santa <_<

Wheres your source that she's full of shit?? :angry:

Sorry Nirvana, but the evidence suggests the well is dry! I don't see this at all.

From my mountain top I can see thru those clouds of doubt and I will put my money on the bar and buy a round when a NEW and Brilliant Zeppelin album hits the decks - early next year or sooner.

Jimmy has new sources...ya-hooo!

From my mountain top I can see thru those clouds of doubt and I will put my money on the bar and buy a round when a NEW and Brilliant Zeppelin album hits the decks - early next year or sooner.

Jimmy has new sources...ya-hooo!

Your just chucking stones into a quiet pond. There hasn't been a brilliant Led Zeppelin

studio album since 1976 ('Presence').

Fan: Hi Bob, how did your meeting go?

Bob: Not bad.

Fan: Oh really? Nothing new doing for Led Zeppelins future?

Bob: Nope, nada.

Fan: Wow ok, thanks! Give my best to AK, Talk to you soon.

Come of revolution of Zeptember, who will head for the hills? You will see Led Zeppelin again, but not yet, and not a full blown tour.

Just My opinion of course. And we all know what they are like. :D

About the "Well" being dry? Steve A you certainly know your stuff, but I read somewhere right before the 02 concert that Page said he has some good music written for a solo album, and that he wouldn't necessarily keep it for himself. A tiny glimmer of hope in my opinion.

Ha....

A post was made to seemingly affirm that there's no plan for an official DVD of O2. OK....

Others expressed disappointment but didn't ask for a source* or verification. There was just the comment made as if it were fact.

But when I mentioned an alternative for the mean time.....then a post was made sorta challenging my opinion on the quality and viewabiltiy of the 3rd Eye source. So...I asked the question of "what would one see as better then?" There was no answer.... about that...only that there was 'no alluding' to a better source.

Others then asked for a source for the post alleging that there were no plans for a DVD of the O2 show. And the answer to that was....'NO'.

Now...I've seen many speculations and assertions in other threads here....and they've been called upon for sources. And when not given...those posting were chastized.

I'm seeing a double standard here. A post made alleging something without 'backup'..and others defending that...assuming because there's trust in the one who posted the 'news'. Ok..trust is good....but it's funny how others are called out..and given the harsh treatment when they don't reveal sources....hmmm....

So....back to it....NO DVD planned...OK...next known, at least to me, best source is the 3rd Eye DVD. Well...if it's not the 'next best thing'....and someone challenges that....then what DO they think IS the next best thing ?

Can't that at least be answered...if not the revealing of the source for the 'whole can of worms' to open about NO planned DVD.....? Apparently there IS some insider info...at least those who 'trust' believe it...so why not reveal to all the others who may not be privy to 'inside' information.....the reasons for posting such a discouraging, albiet 'possibly true', post ?

There's something in this thread that's certainly stirring...is it shit...or what ? Only those who know can reveal it....will they ?

hmmmmm....

*Ooops, there was an immediate request for a source by reid, my bad.

Archived