Band Meeting

pinky

Here's ad hominem attack No. 1 from you:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?a...&pid=124696

And No. 2:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?a...&pid=124706

And your third strike:

http://forums.ledzeppelin.com//index.php?a...&pid=124727

I'm not one to lash out unless it's been warranted. Of course, if you'd looked around more in the last few months before spouting off, you'd have known that.

I don't see any "attack" here just quotes of names I've heard the "inner circle" called ;)

He already "helped out" Jimmy from 1983-86.

There is a certain Mr. Coverdale who could be enticed...but my money's down on seeing an instrumental project from the man in ruffles.

Shame that he didn’t release it before the 02, becausen now all the focus is on Zep again.

Hope that there’s still a chance we get to hear it someday.

There is a very big difference between "next best thing to an authorized release" as you've been arguing and best bootleg version available.

Seriously, people need to stop arguing semantics on here. That's all this is boiling down to -- and so far off topic in the Band Meeting thread.

:wacko:

We have no official DVD....so I point out what I think is best that IS available....

What the hell ?

OH..nevermind...lets just pretend NOTHING is out there...and not offer any alternative to having NO offcial DVD ... Can I go back and erase my posts ?

Apparently they're meaningless....

And the band meeting had at least something said among themselves as no official release planned...so how is talking about what IS available so off topic ? :huh:

What is so hard to understand about what I've posted ? Why can't people read what IS written and answer straight up....or just decline...it's so twisted. And if I misread..I like to be corrected...so I CAN SEE.....

Oh brother....

:wacko:

We have no official DVD....so I point out what I think is best that IS available....

What the hell ?

OH..nevermind...lets just pretend NOTHING is out there...and not offer any alternative to having NO offcial DVD ... Can I go back and erase my posts ?

Apparently they're meaningless....

And the band meeting had at least something said among themselves as no official release planned...so how is talking about what IS available so off topic ? :huh:

What is so hard to understand about what I've posted ? Why can't people read what IS written and answer straight up....or just decline...it's so twisted. And if I misread..I like to be corrected...so I CAN SEE.....

Oh brother....

Stop for a second.

Take a deep breath.

Exhale.

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Ok.

You saw what my assessment of the 3rd Eye set is. I didn't say it doesn't exist. In fact, I may have even pointed you toward it initially online.

Essentially, and I hate this phrase, but it is what it is. Acceptible audio and video of the event. That's all well and good. But by 2008 standards, it is far from excellent as a bootleg in my book. This isn't a piece of work from 1973 that's been unearthed in this quality, you know?

Anyway, like I mentioned to joel, this discussion of the O2 video that exists and any other non-legitimate versions should probably have its own thread. Too much dog-chasing-tail going on here.

I"ll take your advice and repeat the mantra....:D

Breathe...breathe in the air...

Don't be afraid to care.

Leave, don't leave me.

Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly

smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry

all you touch and all you see

Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.

Dig that hole, In the sun,

And when at last the work is done

Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly

But only if you ride the tide

And balanced on the biggest wave

You race towards an early grave.

Back to the original poster's question of "what were the results of the Jan. 26th band meeting?" Knebby replied "the decision was made that there would be no plans to tour or release a DVD of the O2".

It's not that I mistrust anyone here but I'm curious as to why this type of news isn't addressed directly by the webmaster or moderator team of this site? Current news about CDs, DVDs, tours, etc. would be of interest to all LZ fans, both members and guests of this forum alike. It seems a shame for it to be buried in a thread.

What if the members who have knowledge of current Zep activity shared it in PM directly with the webmaster/admin staff? They could then post an announcement, stick it to top of appropriate forum, and lock it. Other threads on the topic could be started for general discussion of course...and those who were privy to the inside information could decide whether to remain anonymous or be recognized for their contribution. Has this been tried in the past?

It's just a suggestion. Another way might be for the webmaster/administrator to designate certain members to speak on his behalf with these type of announcements.

In essence what I'd like to see is a little more "direction" from the "authority figures" of this site....it would take some of the guesswork out for us and possibly make their job a little easier.

Back to the original poster's question of "what were the results of the Jan. 26th band meeting?" Knebby replied "the decision was made that there would be no plans to tour or release a DVD of the O2".

It's not that I mistrust anyone here but I'm curious as to why this type of news isn't addressed directly by the webmaster or moderator team of this site? Current news about CDs, DVDs, tours, etc. would be of interest to all LZ fans, both members and guests of this forum alike. It seems a shame for it to be buried in a thread.

What if the members who have knowledge of current Zep activity shared it in PM directly with the webmaster/admin staff? They could then post an announcement, stick it to top of appropriate forum, and lock it. Other threads on the topic could be started for general discussion of course...and those who were privy to the inside information could decide whether to remain anonymous or be recognized for their contribution. Has this been tried in the past?

It's just a suggestion. Another way might be for the webmaster/administrator to designate certain members to speak on his behalf with these type of announcements.

In essence what I'd like to see is a little more "direction" from the "authority figures" of this site....it would take some of the guesswork out for us and possibly make their job a little easier.

Because the band is the Web master's boss. And if you know much about the history of the band, the less information to be presented only enhances the band's mystique.

Also, could someone please post the press releases the band issued after every meeting since 1980? Maybe even a PDF file of the minutes? :rolleyes:

You know Uncle Bill, it's funny...you have 35 posts on this board, many of which are slams against the established members of the board. Yet here is a post of yours from the Pet Peeves thread: each succeeding generation of teens and 20 somethings who think they have all the answers to the problems of the world, if only they could get rid of the "old" people in charge. :rolleyes:

I don't see any "attack" here just quotes of names I've heard the "inner circle" called ;)

exactly! it's obvious "the sacred cows miss their old pasture"

another member of the nonexistent "old guard" checks in, lol

That was exactly my point, the usual people saying the usual things doesn't catch my attention, but when you said she should be listened to, I did, sadly.

I'm just saying that SteveAJones saying she is credible means alot more than her "crew" doing the same. See?

that might be the case if it wasn't the "usual suspects" doing the vouching

See any sort of strange contradiction in attitude here?

Back to the original poster's question of "what were the results of the Jan. 26th band meeting?"

What if the members who have knowledge of current Zep activity shared it in PM directly with the webmaster/admin staff? They could then post an announcement, stick it to top of appropriate forum, and lock it.

But.... then we wouldn't have all this fun.. :D

Uncle Bill simply behaves like a troll.

Anyway, I find it pretty understandable that they don't want to release the DVD...now. If they don't want to tour, releasing the O2 DVD now would be a bit precarious, because it would only add fuel to the fire = support the already existing rumours/speculations.

Well, at least that how I understand it.

Uncle Bill simply behaves like a troll.

Anyway, I find it pretty understandable that they don't want to release the DVD...now. If they don't want to tour, releasing the O2 DVD now would be a bit precarious, because it would only add fuel to the fire = support the already existing rumours/speculations.

Well, at least that how I understand it.

^ for all we know that may well be the reason. I wish the guys would come out and say it publicly and what the reason is. I'm sure it ( an announcement) will come out at some point but no announcement still fuels its own fire that they will get together again and look at the shit that throws upon this board of those statng for a fact that they will vs those who think they won't but would love them too. ( I'm in the latter group)

But please lets here it officially, but even when things are said officially by them peole twist and misinterpet what they say so it remains a no win situation for the band members and the fans alike.

ps. trolls will always come out of their holes ( that rhymes too)

You know Uncle Bill, it's funny...you have 35 posts on this board, many of which are slams against the established members of the board. Yet here is a post of yours from the Pet Peeves thread: each succeeding generation of teens and 20 somethings who think they have all the answers to the problems of the world, if only they could get rid of the "old" people in charge. :rolleyes:

exactly! it's obvious "the sacred cows miss their old pasture"

another member of the nonexistent "old guard" checks in, lol

That was exactly my point, the usual people saying the usual things doesn't catch my attention, but when you said she should be listened to, I did, sadly.

I'm just saying that SteveAJones saying she is credible means alot more than her "crew" doing the same. See?

that might be the case if it wasn't the "usual suspects" doing the vouching

There are some who would quote forum guidelines here and a pm would fly of to the mods about what bill says. but I notice an absence of that at the moment from them. mm strange that. :blink:

But I think we are mature enough to discuss it and deal with it are we not? :)

• Administrators

No comment. B)

^ for all we know that may well be the reason. I wish the guys would come out and say it publicly and what the reason is. I'm sure it ( an announcement) will come out at some point but no announcement still fuels its own fire that they will get together again and look at the shit that throws upon this board of those statng for a fact that they will vs those who think they won't but would love them too. ( I'm in the latter group)

But please lets here it officially, but even when things are said officially by them peole twist and misinterpet what they say so it remains a no win situation for the band members and the fans alike.

ps. trolls will always come out of their holes ( that rhymes too)

Oh yeah, that's true. That can make you wonder whether there's such possibility, but people should realize that it's still nothing more than wishful thinking.

Oh yeah, that's true. That can make you wonder whether there's such possibility, but people should realize that it's still nothing more than wishful thinking.

Oh we know that, but for some it is never enough, no matter if we all want a dvd and tour its not us that can make it happen.

Archived