Robert and Jimmy's marital status?

Cashmere

Hi folks,

For no particular reason, I am just wondering whether RP and JP are/were married? Being a reasonably knowledgeable student of Zep history, I am aware that Robert had a wife (and children with) Maureen, who features in one of the scenes in TSRTS. I am also aware that Jimmy has a daughter named Scarlet (sp?- and I am assuming that JPJ in keeping with his quiet, family man reputation is happily married)

So is RP married? Is he still with Maureen? If not, when did they part? And was/is Jimmy married?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this for me!

Robert's public comments on the end of his marriage can be found in the 1983 People Magazine article I posted in the Pre/Post-Zeppelin Forum. He has never remarried and

seems to be a blissful practitioner of serial monogamy.

Jimmy and model Charlotte Martin, (parents of Scarlet) never, so far as I can confirm,

formally married. I'm not well versed enough in Old English law to know if their union

ever constituted a common-law marriage or equivalent.

Jimmy and American Patricia Ecker were married from Dec 1986- Jan 16th 1995. They

have one son, named James Patrick Page.

Jimmy and his current wife, Jimena, have children together and a child Jimena brought

into the marriage.

Thanks a lot for that info, SteveA!

Robert's public comments on the end of his marriage can be found in the 1983 People Magazine article I posted in the Pre/Post-Zeppelin Forum. He has never remarried and

Jimmy and model Charlotte Martin, (parents of Scarlet) never, so far as I can confirm,

formally married. I'm not well versed enough in Old English law to know if their union

Jimmy and American Patricia Ecker were married from Dec 1986- Jan 16th 1995. They

Jimmy and his current wife, Jimena, have children together and a child Jimena brought

into the marriage.

into the marriage.

Steve could you give a link to that post. I just searched each page and couldnt indentify which article it was. I probably overlooked it but could you still help out?

Yeah, it's interesting. He seldom discussed it directly in the press. The impact of the end of their relationship can be interpreted thru songs like 'Little By Little'.

Thats what I was kinda looking for...songs he did relating to a time period in his life.

thanks for the info and help

I happen to believe he wrote the lyrics to 'Straight Outta Compton' after he played the LA Forum in 1983. He was young and on the prowl, steadily rebuilding his career in the shadow of Zeppelin. However, he'd seen yet another negative review from his old nemesis, LA Times columnist Robert Hilburn, and he snapped.

'Straight Outta Compton' was written in response. The second verse was to be sung by Robbie Blunt, and the last by Phil Collins, to ensure the song commercial's success.

When it came time to press the 'Shaken 'n' Stirred' album it came down to either that song or 'Doo Doo A Do Do'. 'Doo Doo' seemed the bettter fit within the overall theme of the album, so he allowed NWA to record 'Straight Outta Compton' as their own, and it launched their career. Ice Cube has never acknowledged Robert's help.

Ice Cube sung Robert's verse, chose Ren to sing Robbie's verse, and Eazy sung Phil C's.

The music video is up on You Tube. Robert Plant does not appear in it. :)

I happen to believe he wrote the lyrics to 'Straight Outta Compton' after he played the LA Forum in 1983. He was young and on the prowl, steadily rebuilding his career in the shadow of Zeppelin. However, he'd seen yet another negative review from his old nemesis, LA Times columnist Robert Hilburn, and he snapped.

'Straight Outta Compton' was written in response. The second verse was to be sung by Robbie Blunt, and the last by Phil Collins, to ensure the song commercial's success.

When it came time to press the 'Shaken 'n' Stirred' album it came down to either that song or 'Doo Doo A Do Do'. 'Doo Doo' seemed the bettter fit within the overall theme of the album, so he allowed NWA to record 'Straight Outta Compton' as their own, and it launched their career. Ice Cube has never acknowledged Robert's help.

Ice Cube sung Robert's verse, chose Rem to sing Robbie's verse, and Eazy sung Phil C's.

The music video is up on You Tube. Robert Plant does not appear in it. :)

No Way???????? You are pulling my leg...arent ya?????sorry but thats hard to see..but I dont know alot on music history.

:lol: :lol: Ok sorry for laughing, but that was just too funny there. :D

I know...I was even laughing at myself for being so gullable. I was so embarrased by my impulse to post before thinking and gullability that I almost decided not to post anymore. Then I thought no...this is too funny, if it was someone else I know I would have laughed too. I told my 22 yr old son about it and he had a good laugh too. Its always best to laugh at yourself anyhow. Good one Steve! Maybe next time I will think before I act. ...I doubt it knowing me...LOL

Hi folks,

For no particular reason, I am just wondering whether RP and JP are/were married? Being a reasonably knowledgeable student of Zep history, I am aware that Robert had a wife (and children with) Maureen, who features in one of the scenes in TSRTS. I am also aware that Jimmy has a daughter named Scarlet (sp?- and I am assuming that JPJ in keeping with his quiet, family man reputation is happily married)

So is RP married? Is he still with Maureen? If not, when did they part? And was/is Jimmy married?

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on this for me!

They are both married to me; now you can stop worrying.

I'm not well versed enough in Old English law to know if their union ever constituted a common-law marriage or equivalent.

Modernly, the common law usually does not apply to marriage.

Marriage may also be created by the operation of the law alone, as in common-law marriage, sometimes called "marriage by habit and repute." This is a judicial recognition that two people who have been living as domestic partners are entitled to the effects of marriage. However, in the UK at least, common-law marriage has been abolished and there are no rights available unless a couple marries or enters into a civil partnership.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage

Archived