Robert and Jimmy's marital status?

Cashmere

I have a video of Jimmy and Jimena visiting her village. He watches her teach the children

and a young boy explains Jimmy has given him some guitar lessons.

Steve do you have the link? That would be cool to see. She seems like a lovely person and it is nice of her to give back to her community.

I have a video of Jimmy and Jimena visiting her village. He watches her teach the children

and a young boy explains Jimmy has given him some guitar lessons.

Which village, SAJ? :huh:

If you're talking about the village in Bahia, well, she wasn't born there.

She wasn't born in Brazil, btw.

Which village, SAJ? :huh:

If you're talking about the village in Bahia, well, she wasn't born there.

She wasn't born in Brazil, btw.

Lencois. That's where they returned.

Edit: This from the ABC Website:

ABC's founder, Jimena Page, was born to Argentinian parents in San Francisco in the early 1970s, spending her childhood between California and Buenos Aires.

At the age of 11, after seeing children no older than herself begging in the streets, she decided that one day she would do something to help them. As a teenager, Jimena undertook community work in Ecuador with Amigos de Las Americas and subsequently travelled around South America extensively, volunteering at several orphanages.

It was in Lençóis, Bahia that she, together with other young women, founded Grãos de Luz ('Seeds of Light'), which would become the starting point for ABC.

Whilst working at Grãos de Luz, Jimena met Jimmy Page, who was promoting the album 'No Quarter: Unledded' in South America. They spoke about the problems facing the children of Brazil, and discussed doing a project 'some day'.

However, when Jimmy went to Rio de Janeiro, he witnessed unrest in the favelas, and the authorities' reaction to this. From his hotel room, he could see military tanks rolling into the communities.

Within 48 hours, he had determined that he had to do something to help the situation; this led to the establishment of Casa Jimmy, a shelter for abandoned street children, which continues to be run successfully today.

Over the following year, Jimena accompanied Jimmy on his tour, continuing to promote Grãos de Luz along the way. When they returned to settle in the UK, Jimena set up the ABC Trust, with Jimmy as the founding patron.

Initially, the charity was run from Jimena’s home, with a supporting Board of Trustees. We now have an office in London, and support a number of projects across Brazil, including Rio and São Paulo, as well as in the north-eastern cities of Recife and Salvador.

In 2000, the ABC Trust was registered as a charity in the US, and in 2003, Grãos de Luz was named a UNICEF Brasil project of the year. It has since also been honoured by the Brazilian Ministry for Culture.

Oh, OK, SAJ.

Many people say Jimena is Brazilian and she isn't. And I misunderstood by your post that you meant she was born on that village (I assumed you were talking about Lençóis), and she wasn't.

I have visited both Grãos de Luz (in Lençóis) and Casa Jimmy (in Rio) and I can tell they do a fantastic job there. :thumbsup:

Oh, OK, SAJ.

Many people say Jimena is Brazilian and she isn't. And I misunderstood by your post that you meant she was born on that village (I assumed you were talking about Lençóis), and she wasn't.

I have visited both Grãos de Luz (in Lençóis) and Casa Jimmy (in Rio) and I can tell they do a fantastic job there. :thumbsup:

I meant only that she had connections to that particular community. I hope to one day have connections to yours, specifically that you will adopt me. You didn't get to see

me grow up but it's not to late to see me grow old. :hysterical:

I meant only that she had connections to that particular community. I hope to one day have connections to yours, specifically that you will adopt me. You didn't get to see

me grow up but it's not to late to see me grow old. :hysterical:

I don't get the joke, SAJ, but I won't give too much effort to get it.

Lencois. That's where they returned.

Edit: This from the ABC Website:

ABC's founder, Jimena Page, was born to Argentinian parents in San Francisco in the early 1970s, spending her childhood between California and Buenos Aires.

At the age of 11, after seeing children no older than herself begging in the streets, she decided that one day she would do something to help them. As a teenager, Jimena undertook community work in Ecuador with Amigos de Las Americas and subsequently travelled around South America extensively, volunteering at several orphanages.

It was in Lençóis, Bahia that she, together with other young women, founded Grãos de Luz ('Seeds of Light'), which would become the starting point for ABC.

Whilst working at Grãos de Luz, Jimena met Jimmy Page, who was promoting the album 'No Quarter: Unledded' in South America. They spoke about the problems facing the children of Brazil, and discussed doing a project 'some day'.

However, when Jimmy went to Rio de Janeiro, he witnessed unrest in the favelas, and the authorities' reaction to this. From his hotel room, he could see military tanks rolling into the communities.

Within 48 hours, he had determined that he had to do something to help the situation; this led to the establishment of Casa Jimmy, a shelter for abandoned street children, which continues to be run successfully today.

Over the following year, Jimena accompanied Jimmy on his tour, continuing to promote Grãos de Luz along the way. When they returned to settle in the UK, Jimena set up the ABC Trust, with Jimmy as the founding patron.

Initially, the charity was run from Jimena’s home, with a supporting Board of Trustees. We now have an office in London, and support a number of projects across Brazil, including Rio and São Paulo, as well as in the north-eastern cities of Recife and Salvador.

In 2000, the ABC Trust was registered as a charity in the US, and in 2003, Grãos de Luz was named a UNICEF Brasil project of the year. It has since also been honoured by the Brazilian Ministry for Culture.

Thanks for sharing the info Steve. She started at an early age helping others who were less fortunate. Sounds like she has a big heart. :)

Archived