Robert playing Harmonica

Alessandra

Does anyone knows where did Percy got his harmonica skills? Is he using an 8-hole harmonica? and what key is he using? I heard that it's Page who taught him on how to play it especially on Bring it on Home live. I'm just curious. :rolleyes:

CreweChevroletRobert.jpg

edited to add photo

Here is a second example of Robert playing harmonica prior to Led Zeppelin's first studio sessions:

In August or September 1968 John Paul Jones was hired for a session with U.K. singer P.J. Proby who was recording an album at Landsdowne Studios in London. John got

the other three members of Zeppelin in on the session as it was good money to be made.

Swandown adds:

Robert played harmonica on one track, and he may have played percussion on other tracks. (Said Jones in a 2002 interview: "Someone said, 'Oh, you need a percussionist.' I said, 'Oh, I've got this guy.' Someone said, 'Oh, he doesn't look like a session tambourine player,' and I was like, 'Oh, no, don't worry. He's great. He's really good.' (laughs) That's what we did.")

Robert played harmonica on one track, and he may have played percussion on other tracks. (Said Jones in a 2002 interview: "Someone said, 'Oh, you need a percussionist.' I said, 'Oh, I've got this guy.' Someone said, 'Oh, he doesn't look like a session tambourine player,' and I was like, 'Oh, no, don't worry. He's great. He's really good.' (laughs) That's what we did.")

Oh! I never know this one! I wish I could see some photos of Robert playing percussion :rolleyes: Thanx again Mr. Steve!

"Someone said, 'Oh, you need a percussionist.' I said, 'Oh, I've got this guy.' Someone said, 'Oh, he doesn't look like a session tambourine player,' and I was like, 'Oh, no, don't worry. He's great. He's really good.' (laughs) That's what we did."

I wonder what a session tambourine player looks like? I wonder if there is big money to be made in the session tambourine game?

haha now you said it, it makes me wonder too! :lol:

It makes me wonder what a good tambourine player sounds like. It would be cool to hear a song and think, "Man, the tambourine on that track was killer."

Archived