Led Zeppelin and others for World Peace Gigs?

Rumpeller

I highly doubt that a giant concert would bring world peace... Lets be real here. And for Led-Zeppelin and U2 to go on a tour with Modonna? That is an insult towards them IMO. And if Zep goes on tour, its going to be by themselves, they don't need anyone else to help sell out. Same goes for U2.

Looks like BS to me.

It would be nice for LZ to have a gig, though I don't believe.

I cannot agree with you. Every kind of fighting against wars is very good, even if it loose. It would be great if ppl would take part in mass-meeting, parades, prostest against war. And such a concert can remind you about that. Music is sth beautiful and "no war" too. On the other hand being neutral as far wars leads to wars, neautral ppl agree on wars.

NME says that "World Peace One is in talks with many of the world’s top acts to stage a series of international concerts to bring peace to the world."

This was probably the conversation:

World Peace One: Would Led Zeppelin be interested in participating?

LZ: No.

Journalistic BS, as someone else has already suggested. While there may well be a series of (pointless) concerts as described, the acts being mentioned in the story are really just the usual suspects. Now, LZ are going to be thrown in with all such stories too, until they either go out on tour again properly, or officially state that there's not going to be anything more.

Led Zeppelin has global appeal like no other music act in recent history. Participation by Led Zeppelin in an event like this would be devisive for the fan base.

Currently there are elements on both sides of the world political dynamic (both in the Middle East and the West) where multiple conflicts are currently active and peace without victory is viewed as someone loosing a war. The current peace movement business model seems to be to scrape together some groups desperate for continued stage relivence in talks about a potential concert and while they are at it talk about a bunch more groups (to create even more media buzz and hype) and then use all of them for some kind of political activity or self promotion or fund raising event.

Like a single rock concert is going to bring world peace?? Zeppelin should have Lawyers crawling up someone's ass already for even using Zeppelin's name in conjunction with even talk of such an event.

On the NME website they report that Led Zeppelin, U2, Madonna. etc are in talks for a series of World Peace gigs.

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/34616

They have been known to jump the gun, but has anyone else heard about this? My gut feeling is that this is journalistic BS.

Been There and Done That.... :)

I just want to 'get a peace' and hear some great band rocking out.

Music is the message..... so why don't these fucking rich rock stars buy a radio station or two in the US and start fucking playing music that matters? As a counter-point to this tripe bullshit that corporate rock radio spews out to every car in America. Or are they too fucking cluess abnout the power and influence, for good, or for bad that radio can enact ona Daily Basis !?!

Every kind of fighting against wars is very good, even if it loose. It would be great if ppl would take part in mass-meeting, parades, prostest against war. And such a concert can remind you about that. Music is sth beautiful and "no war" too. On the other hand being neutral as far wars leads to wars, neautral ppl agree on wars.

Got a straight-forward question for all the peaceniks out there: Who does more to

advance World Peace than the soldiers who fight our wars? The correct answer is

certainly not the United Nations, protesters in a circle singing Kumbaya or Bono at

Wembley.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Plainbrownwrapper is bringing it on home tonight. Dig it.

Plainbrownwrapper eh? :bagoverhead: That's TWICE I've used that 'smiley' today!! :)

Sounds like a really GOOD idea to me..........

I'd love to join in, I've got a Mandolin, Guitar and Irish Drums, I can sing and dance on the spot and I'd work for peanuts for World Peace. :hippy:

Got a straight-forward question for all the peaceniks out there: Who does more to

advance World Peace than the soldiers who fight our wars? The correct answer is

certainly not the United Nations, protesters in a circle singing Kumbaya or Bono at

Wembley.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

Steve you didnt rain on mine .I am retired navy .have sailed to every God forsaken place you can think of and i agree peace only happens if you are the toughest guy on the block.Honestly i dont care if Zeppelin plays at a Dominoes pizza party in Podunck Arkansas as long as i can get tickets.Hell they can call it a world Peace concert or a nuclear carpet bombing party its all good .To me its about the music .

The Rolling Stone had a piece about it. Pay close attention to the last 6 words.

Link

U2, Madonna and Led Zeppelin are among the artists tapped to participate in a series of international concerts by World Peace One, a not-for-profit world peace group. The shows would begin May 17th, though no acts have been confirmed.

Archived