The pub

Henrik

Hi Nemos! B)

Hello Celia! I've (we've) missed you so much!!! :(

We're getting real, full-time broadband internet on Monday. This crap signal we've been sharing with the landlords (bless 'em) will be history in a few days. I fear you all will have to contend with me regularly once again. :lol:

That's right bitches, we're baaack!!! :hysterical:

Gösser is great, Ottakringer is good too

Oh man!!! You are damned right there!!! Man that was tasty stuff. I didn't go there for the drink but I definitely had one everynight while I was there high in the mountains! :thumbsup: The legal drinking age there is 16 too so my brother could drink too. That meant he bought me a beer before I could legally buy him one over here. ha! I miss that country! :( Good memories though!

Hide the women and children and tap the keg, Evster's back!!!! :blink:

Damn, you beat me to it!! Good to see you Ev and have you back. I never thought I would say this but: "I HAVE MORE POSTS THAN EV!!!!" :lol:

Hide the women and children and tap the keg, Evster's back!!!! :blink:

Hide your sheep!! :hysterical:

Thanks for the welcome! Pity we've lost all of the posts we made over the years. I put a lot of heart and soul and time and sweat into researching so many questions. The old board was a tome of facts if one was willing to do a litle digging. Now we have a "search" function and nothing to search :lol:! I'm not complaining. We'll fill this fucker up fast enough. The newbs will come with the same old questions, and we'll rattle the answers off by rote. That's cool. I do feel a pang of sadness for all that's been lost though. I met my love on the board. The whole history of our courtship took place there. All those flirtations. The unfolding of our relationship was all in posts on the board. That and so many other friendships that have proven true. The history is gone. We know how it happened, but all those laughs, all those bits of becoming friends, wiped away in a single stroke. I don't fault Sam. I'm thrilled to see the Zeppelin fire stoked so to speak, in the form of this new "official" board. I just hate that we must say goodbye to all that history on the old one. Maybe Sam could leave it up without more posting, so we could have that massive reel to spool through and quote from. So many great posts on so many topics. It would be a shame to just cast it all away.

Oh, and my damned avi still looks like a black square on my screen!

Edited by Evster2012

Hide your sheep!! :hysterical:

Thanks for the welcome! Pity we've lost all of the posts we made over the years. I put a lot of heart and soul and time and sweat into researching so many questions. The old board was a tome of facts if one was willing to do a litle digging. Now we have a "search" function and nothing to search :lol:! I'm not complaining. We'll fill this fucker up fast enough. The newbs will come with the same old questions, and we'll rattle the answers off by rote. That's cool. I do feel a pang of sadness for all that's been lost though. I met my love on the board. The whole history of our courtship took place there. All those flirtations. The unfolding of our relationship was all in posts on the board. That and so many other friendships that have proven true. The history is gone. We know how it happened, but all those laughs, all those bits of becoming friends, wiped away in a single stroke. I don't fault Sam. I'm thrilled to see the Zeppelin fire stoked so to speak, in the form of this new "official" board. I just hate that we must say goodbye to all that history on the old one. Maybe Sam could leave it up without more posting, so we could have that massive reel to spool through and quote from. So many great posts on so many topics. It would be a shame to just cast it all away.

I agree Ev. I totally agree. It would be so sad to lose all of that really. I am going to be spending a couple of hours tonight salvaging a load of stuff from there that I don't want to lose. I would be so much easier to leave it be as a reference guide for us. We should start a petition!

Well, since this is the "pub", I feel no shame in saying "I love you guys!!!". :lol:

It's good to be home with the people you know, who know and get you. Maybe there, maybe here now, as long as it's somewhere. I dabble in MySpace and Facebook, but the board is where I've spent what was something like 72 days and x-hours total. When I get online, it starts with the Zeppelin forums. That's where 90% of my time is spent online. I'm glad we're all still here. Although the folks coming on with new names irks me a bit. Nicole's not LLM anymore??? That'll take some getting used to! :lol:

Too bad there's not someway someone could conitnue to have access to the massive database of the old board and be able to store it and research, gather, compile and edit information for those who'd desire it.

The information is there, it's really a shame for it to be destroyed or inaccessible in some way.

Just to be able to get your own posts and save them in one click would be great. Can that be an option made available over the next week before the board is completely closed ?

It's a pipedream I suppose, or wait this is the pub, a biersteindream then. :D