Does anyone else actively collect Zep concert posters?

shinedaddy

I sometimes think that I am one of the very few who actually collects Zeppelin concert posters at all. Are there any other member out there who do, or who used to and have any left? I like to get in touch with other collectors and I figure there MUST be some out there I have yet to meet. Let me hear ya.

I meant meet over the internet, actually...since I am sure we all live hundreds of miles apart.

Out of curiosity, don't you think you were a bit discourteous towards those who tried to

help you in your original thread, "I'll pay thousand of $$$ for Posters"? If the information

was of no help fair enough, but why be so dismissive towards them?

Out of curiosity, don't you think you were a bit discourteous towards those who tried to

help you in your original thread, "I'll pay thousand of $$$ for Posters"? If the information

was of no help fair enough, but why be so dismissive towards them?

I think inflection over the internet is lost. I certainly meant no disrespect, and I realize my collecting needs may not be the same as everyone else. I do have an opinion though and everyone is entitled to disagree. I would not put anyone down because of what they collected or liked. Let's just say I strongly voiced my opinion on what I liked and I made no personal comments

and I said what I liked before anyone had answered, so it was clear. That way no one was singled out, called names, etc.

if anyone was annoyed I apologize but please remember it is easy to mis-interpret intentions over the web

edit: I just re-read the other thread and I never said anything negative towards a single person, just the posters they were linking to. I had already stated what I did NOT want before a SINGLE person had even replied or read my post, as it was initially stated. If anyone was upset I apologize, I can word my responses more carefully I guess.

if anyone was annoyed I apologize but please remember it is easy to mis-interpret intentions over the web

Fair enough. The perils of attempting to communicate using ones and zeros.

I know how frustrating it can be to become specialized in a particular field to such a degree you wonder if you've exhausted all available means for further expanse of knowledge and taken all avenues for finding additonal acqusitions.

Did we already discuss The New Yardbirds poster which was auctioned off about seven

years ago? I believe you said you did not bid. I also had doubts as to authenticity.

If memory serves correct, the Swedish Konserthuset posters were also similarly discovered in mid-90s (promoter or what have you cleans out his holdings ) and

there are only 12 known copies in existence.

I've also heard there was a storage trunk of Peter Grant's which was found to contain several original Over Europe '80 concert posters. Must have been 15 years ago. I'm

sure you have that particular one as it's somewhat common. I've held off on account

of so many reproductions and fakes.

Fair enough. The perils of attempting to communicate using ones and zeros.

I know how frustrating it can be to become specialized in a particular field to such a degree you wonder if you've exhausted all available means for further expanse of knowledge and taken all avenues for finding additonal acqusitions.

Did we already discuss The New Yardbirds poster which was auctioned off about seven

years ago? I believe you said you did not bid. I also had doubts as to authenticity.

If memory serves correct, the Swedish Konserthuset posters were also similarly discovered in mid-90s (promoter or what have you cleans out his holdings ) and

there are only 12 known copies in existence.

I've also heard there was a storage trunk of Peter Grant's which was found to contain several original Over Europe '80 concert posters. Must have been 15 years ago. I'm

sure you have that particular one as it's somewhat common. I've held off on account

of so many reproductions and fakes.

There were approx 12 or so of the 1970 Sweden posters found, yes, and I have owned three of them at various times, all sold now. There was a more recent 1969 Sweden poster that popped up and auctioned at $8000 but I am almost positive it was a fake. I could not alert the buyer as the auction site was privately run so you never even saw how many bids an item got...you just threw yours out there and hoped for the best. This 1969 piece looks utterly fake, and I have seen a LOT of fakes/pirates.

AS far as Grant's trunk, i seem to recall something like that but I too dont have the 1980 poster for the same reason you dont, ie too many reprints/fakes/pirates. I did have an original but I sold it off also.

I did not bid or have any interest in that New Yardbirds poster though I did actively watch it.....since it did not say "Led Zeppelin" on it it would not have fit into my collection, plus at the time it was too pricey for me.

• 3 months later...

Archived