• Down by the Seaside
    • Bron-Y-Aur Stomp
    • Misty Mountain Hop
    • Ramble On
    • That's the Way
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Song Remains the Same
    • Other (specify)

I was gonna say Friday on My Mind, any number of Donovan songs. Have you Seen the Saucers by Jefferson Airplane.

It's rare, but try to check out "Fat Angel" - a Donovan song that he wrote in honor of the Jefferson Airplane, which they in turn did a trippy version of. I understand they would all switch instruments when performing it live. Fly Jefferson Aiplane, gets you there on time!

Jimmy was in the Yardbirds and played a psycadellic painted telecaster, and psycadellic guitar riffs throughout his carrer. Led Zeppelin to me is the mushroom cloud rising up from the atomic explosion of the late 60's. Robert to me is totally a hippie. His look was hippie and most of his lyrics deal with hippie ideas. Most Zeppelin songs are about love or some kind of epic story. I was with one of my good friends one time driving through a national forest and we were listening to Led Zeppelin IV and The Battle of Evermore came on and my friend who is a 100% new metal fan said that The Battle of Evermore was the most hippie song he had ever heard.

I read something a long time ago that described Plant as the "original flower child". I'm not familiar with his pre-Zep career, so I can't say that I necessarily agree. However, the variety of Zep's music certainly contains a percentage that are hippy-ish, as well as so many other styles. Power blues would be the strongest impression, to me.

Scott McKenzie: San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair).

I believe Zep jammed on it during Dazed & Confused in the US.

I love how they added that in there.. during 'Dazed and Confused' on The Song Remains the Same dvd...

• 2 weeks later...
There are so many, but tonight these are the ones that come to mind:Down by the Sea,Led Zeppelin-The Rover,Led Zeppelin-Long way Home,Dan Fogelberg-Get Together,The Youngbloods . Add-In The Light- Led Zeppelin

Sorry, I respectfully disagree that The Rover is a hippie song.

Zep tune - Dancing Days

Non-Zep - If you go to San Francisco (don't remember the artist, but I think Reggie posted it).

Can anyone help me locate this piece of curtain warmer it sounded olde englishe with its reference to gretchen times .But the feel of it was just so perfect for the intro song The Wanton one thnx .hehe Paris '95

PS Misty Mountain Hop

I voted GTC, but there's one line in OTHAFA, that made me think:

I live for my dreams and a pocket full of gold.

That the essence of my own hippie philosophie; to do anything you're dreaming of, but making (spiritual) profit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Actually, that a public misconception, plus it sounds good in the media. The hippies did the official "funeral" a while before on Haight Ashbury, and the place had been filling w/ crack-dealers and whore before that even went down. The spirit of hippie died before 70, no doubt about it.

Um;crack cocaine wasn't even thought of then.....

I voted other. And it is dancing days.

I voted other too...please don't bash me! For me it's not an LZ tune....Oh Black Water by the Doobie Brothers brings back soooo many stoned moments for me.....

"And i aint got no worries cuz I'm in no hurry at all"

• 2 months later...
The one that immediately comes to my mind (don't know thw group) is that one that goes:

Come on, people now

Smile on your brother

Everybody get together

Try to love one another right now

I admit it, I love that song! :hippy::hippy::hippy::bagoverhead::bagoverhead::bagoverhead:

Never thought of Zeppelin as hippy music, but no doubt they were groovy.

The group is Dave Clark Five.

The song is Everybody Get Together

The group is Dave Clark Five.

Actually it was the Youngbloods, I believe, although the Dave Clark Five, was one of the earliest bands happening during the sixties.

But anyways, the Cowsills recorded The Rain, the Park, and Other Things, which featured some hippiesque elements during that time, however that one seems to have escaped finding a way into Led Zeppelin's repertoire in the manner that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z19xIhUNgxIdid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
...Even though it doesnt sound really hippie-ish, Ive always thought Dancing Days because of, "I got my flower, I got my power" Flower power!!! :hippy:

I was so amazed when in '95 P n P opened with this number for their set in Paris love its strange sound Will they EVER tour again !!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived