• Misty Mountain Hop
    • Ramble On
    • That's the Way
    • Over the Hills and Far Away
    • The Song Remains the Same
    • Other (specify)

Going to California might qualify but I never actually thought of zeppelin

as hippy music.

My second song that comes to mind would be "White Rabbit" B)

me neither; zeppelin has a bigger fanbase

i was thinking ventura highway, or casey jones.

actually, maybe not casey jones.

What is and What Should Never Be - I voted this song...

....the feelings transcending through Robert's amazing poetry, paint the picture of romance of the 60's generation:wub:

(The song pushes the boundaries of love, so reflective of free-loving generation of the 60's)

If we're only talking Zeppelin, The Rover "If we just joined hands..."

When I think hippie, I think Green Tambourine, Janis, Hendrix, early Beatles...

Early Beatles? There weren't really into the hippy movement until their later years. Hippy bands to me are more of the San Francisco era - Jefferson Airplane, Janis, Grateful Dead, etc.

:ph34r: Don't know why I spell it wrong all the time.

Perfect illustration of my complete inability to make myself understood on this forum! :slapface: I was intending to refer to the thread title, which set the standard for everybody else, but it comes across that I'm referring to you, nine, which of course I wasn't. Sorry. :kiss:

I really regret that I seem to continually give the impression of ridiculing people, when it's not my intention. (Except, of course, when it is ;) --but that hasn't been recently.) I think I'm outta here for now. :wave:

Perfect illustration of my complete inability to make myself understood on this forum! :slapface: I was intending to refer to the thread title, which set the standard for everybody else, but it comes across that I'm referring to you, nine, which of course I wasn't. Sorry. :kiss:

I really regret that I seem to continually give the impression of ridiculing people, when it's not my intention. (Except, of course, when it is ;) --but that hasn't been recently.) I think I'm outta here for now. :wave:

No need to apologize :kiss: I hate misspelling words and I didn't take offense at all :) So don't leave okay :console2:

You're right, NOT remotely hippie,

HAIR

Hair 40th Anniv. Original Cast

The Rain, The Park and other Things

Flower girl (stretching it)

The Cowsills on the Joan Rivers show (around 1990). They remotely look like hippies, at least John does.

Jackson Pollock paintings, Not remotely similar to Sutcliff either, he uses mainly stringy abstraction, occasional blocktype, Not Remotely though, no comparison, not even in the ballpark.

painting_jackson_pollock.jpg

297.jpg

:ph34r: Don't know why I spell it wrong all the time.

No need to apologize :kiss: I hate misspelling words and I didn't take offense at all :) So don't leave okay :console2:

Then I might get an incidental apology. The post she made about hippie mispelling quoted me, so could've been seen as referring to my spelling. But if you look, I spelled it correctly. And if no apology, that's OK because I among others, can see it. Art is subjective and Aquamarine's apology of "not remotely" is in her beheld eye. I tend to think Stu Sutcliffe had his eye on abstraction in the vein of Pollock. And The Cowsills have a remote allusion to hippies too.

Maybe she could let others decide before proclaiming things like they're fact.

I'm still lurking, even if I'm not posting, Gomper, and you already got an apology.

Don't push your luck.

My opinions were obviously opinions, even if they didn't say IMO, or whatever, and I totally stand by them, especially the Cowsills and Hair having nothing whatsoever to do with the hippie movement, except as viewed by Madison Avenue. I remember how phony we thought they both were at the time. And I didn't quote you at all.

And now I'm re-retired.

Later: :slapface::slapface: Just realized who I was just addressing. No wonder you got pissed off at the thought that I might disagree with you, Jo "Gomper," and that you went to such lengths to prove (ineffectively) that I was wrong. Well, just remember, I know who you are, and while I may not be visible, I'm always on here watching you :watchingyou: .

Then I might get an incidental apology. The post she made about hippie mispelling quoted me, so could've been seen as referring to my spelling. But if you look, I spelled it correctly. And if no apology, that's OK because I among others, can see it. Art is subjective and Aquamarine's apology of "not remotely" is in her beheld eye. I tend to think Stu Sutcliffe had his eye on abstraction in the vein of Pollock. And The Cowsills have a remote allusion to hippies too.

Maybe she could let others decide before proclaiming things like they're fact.

Some things never change do they Joel. :rolleyes:

?

Well Niner and Aqua this is apparently Question Mark from ? And The Mysterians!

Oh,to be a hippie again! Oh... who am I kidding? My dad would have beaten the hippie out of me if I went that route. :black_eye::buttsmack: I would have cried 96 Tears! B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived